What to wear to the Fitness center

kgmoran

I know this is a stupid question but I am packing for my eastern Caribbean cruise that leaves Sunday:) and am trying to decide what I need to bring to work out in the gym. Specifically, do they have any shoe requirements (like must wear sneakers)? Secondly, can i wear a bathing suit in the gym or do i need shorts and t-shirts?

As i said i feel stupid asking but i would hate to not be able to work out :D because i don't have the right stuff.

Thanks

Katie

Most folks wear gym or workout clothes...what you would wear at your home gym..,.depends on what you plan to do...spinning, treadmill, elliptical, weights, cycles, yoga or other classes.

Sneakers, gym/bike shorts, yoga pants, tee shirt...check out walmart, target, sports store to see examples.. or just comfy shorts and a tee shirt...no sandals, flip flops , street shoes.(safety)

...no bathing suits,,

Hi Katie -- I think they do require proper footwear (at least there may be signage to that effect). I don't know that they'd ask you to leave if you weren't properly dressed.

I'd say make room for at least 1 proper gym outfit. If you pack too many, you won't go to the gym, no matter how strong your intentions.

I usually bring 1 pair of gym sneakers and 1 pair for walking around.

(Have a great time !)

Sandy

I can confirm that they do enforce the requirement for closed-toe shoes to use any of the equipment.

When I was up there one day to attend a lecture wearing sandals, I thought I would just use the leg press machine.

They would not allow me to do it, despite my feeble attempt trying to point out that it was not like using a treadmill or elliptical machine because I was sitting down, in no danger of falling off or catching a foot on anything.

I admit that they were right to enforce the rules uniformly and not make exceptions.

Thanks for the info. The. Closed toe rule was what I was curious about. - just didn't know what to call it. I hate to pack bulky sneakers since I only wear them to the gym, but I have some lightweight ones that won't take too much space.

On Equinox in January the fitness instructor did enforce the closed toe shoe rule and also, to my enormous relief one afternoon, politely insisted that a man wearing only a Speedo bathing suit dismount the recumbent bike and go find some real gym clothes. His counter offer to put a towel on the seat was also politely declined. Vacations can be such an interesting change of pace... ;)

On Equinox in January the fitness instructor did enforce the closed toe shoe rule and also, to my enormous relief one afternoon, politely insisted that a man wearing only a Speedo bathing suit dismount the recumbent bike and go find some real gym clothes. His counter offer to put a towel on the seat was also politely declined. Vacations can be such an interesting change of pace... ;)

Eeuuw

I've seen Celebrity staff enforce the proper gym shoe requirement, kgmoran.

Very funny speedo story! Other posters may tell you that they plan to wear white ties & ball gowns to the gym, but they'd be over-dressed for the occasion. Just wear gym clothes like most everyone else!

Ewwww!!!

I cannot even fathom why anyone would want to do a land-based workout in a bathing suit. Water aerobics, sure. But running on a treadmill or riding a stationary bike? WHY?????

Even if you're lifting weights, unless you're in a hard body contest (gross, but I digress), there is no reason.

Wear gym clothes!

Ewwww!!!

I cannot even fathom why anyone would want to do a land-based workout in a bathing suit. Water aerobics, sure. But running on a treadmill or riding a stationary bike? WHY?????

Even if you're lifting weights, unless you're in a hard body contest (gross, but I digress), there is no reason.

Wear gym clothes!

Several of my running shorts could easily pass for bathing suits.

Several of my running shorts could easily pass for bathing suits.

I think the big thing is proper footwear (no open toe) like running shoes are fine. I think if you came in with your bathing trunks, as long it not dripping :), no one would notice.

If you seek steam, then you may want to bring a bathing suit with you to the gym, as the steam in the Persian Garden is co-ed. I've not seen a lady in there in just a towel.

for those that might be new to X, the steam room is not part of the gym...and it costs extra (except for aqua class passengers) to use.

they do have dry saunas in the locker rooms that are free to all.

for those that might be new to X, the steam room is not part of the gym...and it costs extra (except for aqua class passengers) to use.

they do have dry saunas in the locker rooms that are free to all.

As I always put my gym clothes on in my cabin, I've never visited the locker rooms and was not aware of the dry saunas there. Good to know. Thank you for mentioning them! :)

As I always put my gym clothes on in my cabin, I've never visited the locker rooms and was not aware of the dry saunas there. Good to know. Thank you for mentioning them! :)

On M class ships, I usually shower in the locker room (vs the a$$ hugger shower curtains in the room)...The showers are much larger and rarely used.

On M class ships, I usually shower in the locker room (vs the a$$ hugger shower curtains in the room)...The showers are much larger and rarely used.

Nah, I work out in my bathing suit and jump in the pool to rinse off the sweat! :):eek::D

I don't see why swim suit would be any different than shorts for men?

I would also think that footwear like this picture would be ok.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYhh91HhTYCgDwEOIHWQPZR_3Cf7gclujq0K4WJFIiFT0HepV_uQ

Don't see bathing suits or footwear like that at the gym on board or elsewhere,..

that shoe looks more like beach or pool ....or would be good for the Persian Gardens

I don't see why swim suit would be any different than shorts for men?

I would also think that footwear like this picture would be ok.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYhh91HhTYCgDwEOIHWQPZR_3Cf7gclujq0K4WJFIiFT0HepV_uQ

Keen sandals are the best!. One of the best closed toe sandals to take on a cruise (hubby takes these for every cruise). They are very versatile.