What do you consider a good price?

they are out there if you jave some flexibility, I am noticing far less really late offers and more deep discount earlier(months) to off load cabins.

I noticed this as well. This might be a side effect of RCI trying to limit price drops late - so they drop them earlier. There was talk of extending the "no price drops in the last 30 days" that is supposed to be taking place in the US to other markets.

As you said, if you are flexible and have some time to search, there are deals out there.:cool:

This is from a UK perspective so going to quote prices in pounds ...

A good price is one relative to the market and compared to recent historical fluctuations.

From a UK perspective, I consider the following as bargains ;

3-4 day cruise £300

7 day cruise £600

Above are not typical prices but the cheapest I am likely to find. Prices are for cruise only.

This is for RCL. Cabins typically outside or even balcony. Cruise itineraries Europe.

RCL seems to be inconsistent on pricing for 3rd and 4th person sharing a cabin. This can make a huge difference on prices and VFM. Especially for suites. On balance if there are an odd number in our group, we look at sharing a suite.

This is from a UK perspective so going to quote prices in pounds ...

A good price is one relative to the market and compared to recent historical fluctuations.

From a UK perspective, I consider the following as bargains ;

3-4 day cruise £300

7 day cruise £600

Above are not typical prices but the cheapest I am likely to find. Prices are for cruise only.

This is for RCL. Cabins typically outside or even balcony. Cruise itineraries Europe.

RCL seems to be inconsistent on pricing for 3rd and 4th person sharing a cabin. This can make a huge difference on prices and VFM. Especially for suites. On balance if there are an odd number in our group, we look at sharing a suite.

You are correct about the 3rd/4th prices - Last year I kept my eye on prices after booking 4 of us in 1 cabin and then switched to 2 cabin of 2 as that became the cheaper option.

Something I will be looking at more closely.:)

I have thought about it too as some of the ships look beautiful, however, I am unsure of the ambiance of MSC especially from an Italian port. My concerns would be mainly smoking on board, children doing as they please , queuing (lack off) and noise levels - PS our family are from/live in the Como- So my worries are justified - A meal out there usually involves screaming kids running about and crawling under your feet while you eat and that is absolutely acceptable (the norm). When my family visited/visit me in the UK, especially when ,my niece and nephew where children it was very stressful when I tried to explain restaurant protocol (in fact anywhere protocol) and the concept of queues and obeying rules (i.e. at pools for kids) and other places including smoking restrictions, drinking laws (we were all in the states and I was panicking as they were freely giving their 18yr alcohol (as I say rules are not followed) for the adults. But that is their way (I am not saying it is right or wrong - their kids grew up fine and the adults are always less stressed about everything (including all child related issues then I was with mine) and if you go would would have to accept that's how it is.

I have thought about it too as some of the ships look beautiful, however, I am unsure of the ambiance of MSC especially from an Italian port. ...

I agree with you, that's why I would only consider the Miami based cruises, at least initially. Plus, they have a brand new ship coming to Miami in the not too distant future.

Thanks for that tip, and added clarity! I value your posts, so I tend to pay more attention. I was wondering what I was doing wrong in regards to Alaska! I'm finding Alaska to be about $200 a day, give or take for an average balcony cabin. That is actually the same price range it was 14 years ago when I went.

Yes, I should have mentioned that was for typical 7-day Caribbean cruises. Some cruises can be much less per day, like transatlantics, or odd one-way cruises. A recent Rhapsody cruise from Dubai to Venice comes to mind. Some cruises can be much more per day, such as Alaska cruises.