Celebrities on board

Funbobby68

They're on the highest rated show on television..................:rolleyes:

Exactly. My question is, why would they NOT be celebrities? Its the #1 show on TV!

Exactly! TWD is hot right now and considering they're in their 6th season and is even followed by spinoffs like "Talking Dead" and "Fear The Walking Dead" shows, it would be extremely ignorant to not refer to the main characters as celebrities.

I was on the same Enchantment of the Seas sailing as Bam Margera in 2011 and found myself aboard a baseball theme cruise in 2012 on MSC Poesia. I met a few players (Ken Griffey Sr., Art Shamsky, Jim Fregosi, Darold Knowles and Stan Bahnsen), got some autographs, etc. At one point I shared a cab back to the ship from port with Shamsky and his wife. All were exceptionally nice people.

Nice

I was on the same Enchantment of the Seas sailing as Bam Margera in 2011 and found myself aboard a baseball theme cruise in 2012 on MSC Poesia. I met a few players (Ken Griffey Sr., Art Shamsky, Jim Fregosi, Darold Knowles and Stan Bahnsen), got some autographs, etc. At one point I shared a cab back to the ship from port with Shamsky and his wife. All were exceptionally nice people.

If memory serves Jim Fregosi Died while on a cruise a few years later :(

We had Howie Dorough from Backstreet Boys DJ a cruise right after they broke up the band. Even danced with him, which to a 19 year old girl, at the time, it was a dream come true.

Heck, I'm 61 and I'm jealous😘😘😘😘

My daughter grew up with them and I actually grew to enjoy them. Just one clarification though. They never broke up. They're still together and occasionally still tour.

Okay- I confess that I'm culturally deprived (well, if that is what passes for culture). Maybe I'll quit traveling (last three months: South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, St. Helena, Brazil, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico) so that I can be more knowledgeable. On second thought, I think I'll stick to real world experiences...

I think that instead, maybe you should quit being such a braggart about what a world traveler you allegedly are. :rolleyes:

Paula Abdul sitting beside us in Chops on Oasis or Allure. This was right after she was let go/left...American Idiol.

It was on the Oasis. She was out and about quite a bit. She was really good with the kids signing autographs and taking pictures with them. You always knew when she was going to be coming around as one of her (actually her boy friend insisted on having them) security guys would come into the venue about 5 minutes before she would enter.

Okay- I confess that I'm culturally deprived (well, if that is what passes for culture). Maybe I'll quit traveling (last three months: South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, St. Helena, Brazil, Haiti, Jamaica, Mexico) so that I can be more knowledgeable. On second thought, I think I'll stick to real world experiences...

:confused:

Am I supposed to be impressed or something? This thread is about celebrities on cruise ships. Not your real world experiences and your worldly travel.

:rolleyes:

JJ Watt and his entire Family last year on Allure of the Seas.

Oh, I'd totally have gone into stalker mode! :D

Back in 1975 my family and I were on a TA with John Maxtone-Graham. Still have the copy of The Only Way to Cross that he inscribed to my dad. Norman Vincent Peale was also on that crossing. We also went on an astronomy cruise in 1980 on the old Volendam, with Isaac Asimov. That was pretty cool.

Glad I missed the Gronk's Party Ship cruise last week, though.

I was on the Oasis 2 weeks ago, sitting in what used to be known as the Concierge lounge, when a very attractive young lady entered with some suits.

Shortly after, a large group of similar young ladies arrived, met with the Diamond concierge , and left.

I never asked Claudine what was going on. I really wanted to, but never had the chance.

But I saw in the local media that the SI swimsuit models were it Miami.

Sure made my think that was what i saw

Sailed on the Oasis in 2010 for Memorial Day. Shawn Johnson (Olympic gymnast & godmother) was onboard with a lot of her friends. I didn't recognize her at first because she was older than when she was competing and put on a little weight.

I kept seeing her all over the ship. Finally, she was sitting next to me in the beach pool when I leaned over and asked if she was Shawn Johnson. She quietly said yes. I then asked if I could take a picture with her and she said "no!"

I guess she wanted to enjoy vacation without being mobbed by people.

Just wondering if anyone has cruise with any actors or actresses, or musicians, personally I have not but came really close to booking the walker stalker cruise , with some of the cast of walking dead

I did my first cruise in '95 with the Wallace brothers, Don "Snake" Prudhomme and a few other racing stars. Rusty acted like an azz and hid in his cabin. His brother Kenny was having a blast meeting people and playing blackjack. I got to talk to Don about his racing career and he was a really a nice guy.

I wanted to go on the "Star Trek" cruise this year, but it was sold out before I found out about it.

Gene

Edited by pappagene