Other then the card room??

motherchic

We are sailing on the Reflection, a TA, in April.

I would like to find a place where a group of us could play cards and games AND still have a view of the ocean.

The card room tends to be a small space.

I would appreciate any suggestions

thank you much,

Nadine

I have seen people playing cards in a corner of the Oceanview cafe. As long as it is not busy during breakfast or lunch hours, I think this could work. There are also tables at the Aqua Spa cafe. As long as it is after 2:30 PM when the lunch service closes that would be OK too. On Silhouette there is a lovely little space called the Hideaway (deck 7) where people read and play cards. You can also get coffee there all day. I don't know if Reflection would have this space also as we have not sailed on that ship, but the other 3 S class do not have it.

Inside, I think the buffet would be your best bet; or the section of the solarium that's close to the Aqua Spa Cafe (but seating isn't ideal there). If it's not windy then you have loads of choices - Solstice Deck, Lawn Club, etc, but again seating isn't ideal. You can make it work if you're not fussy about having a proper table. If you need a table, then the buffet is perfect. You could even sit in their outside portion if the winds are calm.

Reflection does have the Hideaway, but there are no sea views. It's a floor below Game On, which I presume is the card room. Also no sea views but they do have board games there, and tables for people to play.

Sky Observation Lounge might be an option but I think it's supposed to be a quiet area during the day, so be sensitive to that. I have seen people playing mahjong there before.

On two recent cruises, card players have occupied several tables in Cafe al Baccio for long periods of time, making it hard to find a table to enjoy a coffee in comfort. Since the OP is considerate enough to ask about an appropriate place to play cards, I'm sure they will not add to this problem. :)

As long as you're not doing the card and game playing during meal times when tables are difficult to get, the buffet area would be your best choice.

Yes, that is annoying, there was a group on my last cruise playing cards in the buffet right after we boarded and stayed there until they cleared the rooms. Really rude, wish the crew would say something

I'm not sure why you decided to open a second, identical thread on this topic. Perhaps the moderators could combine the two.

And I am not sure why you would decide to commit on something that harms no one, least of all you. Why bring it up, unless you like making a very nice woman feel badly. Let the moderators do their job.

If you are playing during the daytime, the Ensemble Lounge might work. The Café Al Bacio is only a short distance away for beverages. Coffee tables rather than full height, but the lights are on during the day and you wilk likely not find many people.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

And I am not sure why you would decide to commit on something that harms no one, least of all you. Why bring it up, unless you like making a very nice woman feel badly. Let the moderators do their job.

People who live in glass houses...:rolleyes: