First cruise as a 4-star mariner

slimknyzer

I usually do but on my last cruise I forgot on one bag. I got charged for it. When I went to the front desk they said I should have marked it. They said "how is the laundry supposed to know I'm a four star :rolleyes:".

I hope that you responded accordingly!

From the time HAL started free laundry for 4* Mariners I have marked the invoice "4* Mariner---no charge ☺" on top. At the bottom, where the amounts are filled in, I put "$0.00".

Totally agree and that is also the way we handle it. A few seconds, if that, to eliminate the possibility of error.

Writing 4* or 5* or Neptune on the list isn't much help as they still have to check your account because, you know, cheaters.

Neptune slips already have it marked on them, so no issue.

Plus, still less likely to have issue if you mark it.

We are booked on a TA in April on the Zuiderdam. This will be our first cruise as 4-Star Mariners. I thought we would never get there, but here we are. Using the unlimited laundry service will really help with packing just enough to get by with.

Do you have to mark the laundry slip indicating 4 stars, or anything else to denote the free service? Rookie 4 star question, I know!

Cheers,

Tom

Congrats on reaching 4-Star status.

Put us in the category of those who do not mark our elevated Star staus on the laundry slip AND who have never been charged either. Personally, I believe in Karma and self-fulfilling prophesies - that is, when you expect the worst, you tend to get just that.

Smooth sailing.

Thanks everyone for the great information! I completely agree that a few seconds of forethought sure beats a trip to the front office! Now to check out what other perks there might be?

When we were 4 star we loved the 50% off Specialty restaurants. Also 50% off the Explorations Cafe and Wine Package (Admirals and Navigator) and Mini-bar.

When we were 4 star we loved the 50% off Specialty restaurants. Also 50% off the Explorations Cafe and Wine Package (Admirals and Navigator) and Mini-bar.

The 50% off wine package is a good deal IMO. Cost per bottle is now "reasonable".

Writing 4* or 5* or Neptune on the list isn't much help as they still have to check your account because, you know, cheaters.

It is no problem to verify......

Name and Cabin Number is required on all laundry slips.

Have computer; can verify. :)

Speak of cheaters.......

I know there are some 4*, 5* and Neptune guests who travel with friends and family who would be paying for their laundry so they send it out for them.

I don't have a high opinion of people doing that. :rolleyes:

It is stealing.

Only thing better is Pinnacle complimentary.

I was looking at the N Amsterdam Panama: the balcony cabins are down in price substantially!

Are you going to join us? Would love to meet you and we have a great group going. I'm very tempted to upgrade but I'll wait for upsells. If not I'll be fine in my ov.

Speak of cheaters.......

I know there are some 4*, 5* and Neptune guests who travel with friends and family who would be paying for their laundry so they send it out for them.

I don't have a high opinion of people doing that. :rolleyes:

It is stealing.

Please remember that under the terms of the Mariner Program, if a 3 Star or below Mariner is sharing a stateroom and has the same booking number as a 4 Star or above Mariner, it is the proper use of this Mariner amenity.

Please remember that under the terms of the Mariner Program, if a 3 Star or below Mariner is sharing a stateroom and has the same booking number as a 4 Star or above Mariner, it is the proper use of this Mariner amenity.

That's not what she is referring to. It's folks who "take in" laundry from other cabins that can cause difficulties for everyone.

I have to wonder how anyone can claim to know that. If true it is hardly something a person would broadcast.

I "can claim to know that" because I've seen the people post here on CC about doing this. It may have been awhile since I've seen that, but it was more than once - or even a couple of times.

I "can claim to know that" because I've seen the people post here on CC about doing this. It may have been awhile since I've seen that, but it was more than once - or even a couple of times.

I guess I haven't been around long enough to read such posts.

I don't ever recall seeing anyone saying they have done it, but I do recall several posters asking if they could. I think a couple of those were people who were in Neptunes, who had booked a lower cabin for their kids. But I might be remembering incorrectly.

I don't ever recall seeing anyone saying they have done it, but I do recall several posters asking if they could. I think a couple of those were people who were in Neptunes, who had booked a lower cabin for their kids. But I might be remembering incorrectly.

Your memory is spot on to what I remember reading about the practice on CC. Usually it seemed like a legitimate question, not an opportunity to scam the system.

That's not what she is referring to. It's folks who "take in" laundry from other cabins that can cause difficulties for everyone.

That is right.

I have to wonder how anyone can claim to know that. If true it is hardly something a person would broadcast.

I was opening my door to leave my cabin and heard the conversation of friend to friend. "Hi, whatever her name was....... Thanks for offering to send out our laundry. Great we won't have to pay for it. Let me know when it comes back." I opened the door to see her hand over a pile of laundry.

Little doubt in my mind as to what was going on.

At that point, I asked around a little bit and learned it is not an uncommon thing for Neptune/High Star Mariners to do. :rolleyes:

Anyone who has read these forums long enough should not be 'shocked' to read such goes on. :D Little about penny pinching surprises me anymore..... in both directions. Cruise line to guest and guest to cruise line.

That is not what I am referencing.

I am aware of the share/stateroom conditions. :)