Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

"All Sell Outs" - Says who?

Try to book a cabin for the next few sailings on Anthem. There are only 2 or 3 cabins available. It's like that for all the sailings a week or two before. I'm always checking, looking for a good deal on a last minute cruise.

very interesting - so then my second guess is everyone must get off so they can sanitize the ship.

That may be convenient for RCI but having guests disembark after a shortened cruise is the norm regardless of what's happening on the ship. The only concession RCI has made is that if the ship arrives late in the day, then guests can stay on board till the next morning. Unless it is part of the cruise, as far as I know, RCI has always asked guests to get off the ship once in port.

Try to book a cabin for the next few sailings on Anthem. There are only 2 or 3 cabins available. It's like that for all the sailings a week or two before. I'm always checking, looking for a good deal on a last minute cruise.

....and yet, the RCI doom sayers say all of this negative publicity will impact sales. It started with the first sailing of Quantum and roll out of Dynamic Dining. I think Trump may have been right "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in the middle of the day and my poll numbers would not drop". :cool:

Hasn't RC been sailing from the NY/NJ area year round for quite some time now?

I realize that it hasn't been with the newest of ships, but it is my understanding that they have been cruising this route for quite some time now.

Is my understanding incorrect?

Send the new ship to China with her sister the Quantum.Give New Jersey a freedom class or Voyager class ship.But if you insist on having the anthem in New jersey,how about giving us a choice.And have another ship in Cape Liberty.:(

I realize that it hasn't been with the newest of ships, but it is my understanding that they have been cruising this route for quite some time now.

I can remember Voyager doing this route back in the mid 2000s before Explorer came up to relieve her for many years. Then the Liberty last year and now Anthem. So the route has been around for at least 10 years or so. I can't see Anthem going anywhere. That just admits defeat. Things will turn around for her and people will forget in time (let's hope.)

RC has been sailing year round out NJ since 2004.

Just heard on ABC news there is also a noro virus outbreak. I have read RCI doesn't get the best marks for health inspections.
Exactly where did you READ this so called info????.........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Wish people who stop posting bull---- that is not only wrong....I'll stop before I get in trouble:D

I can remember Voyager doing this route back in the mid 2000s before Explorer came up to relieve her for many years. Then the Liberty last year and now Anthem. So the route has been around for at least 10 years or so. I can't see Anthem going anywhere. That just admits defeat. Things will turn around for her and people will forget in time (let's hope.)
my March 7th cruise is sold out but for 3 high end suites, which one will be given away at bingo, so much for negative publicity.....:)

Send the new ship to China with her sister the Quantum.Give New Jersey a freedom class or Voyager class ship.But if you insist on having the anthem in New jersey,how about giving us a choice.And have another ship in Cape Liberty.

We sailed on Navigator for three 7 night cruises and Freedom on two last year alone and will be on Anthem in a week for the second time for 12 nights this year and there is no comparison between these for cold weather sailing out of NYC. I'll take a cruise on Anthem hands down over those other two classes of ships out of this port or for any other cool or cold weather cruises such as the Baltic or Alaska.

The Anthem's solarium and indoor Seaplex are vastly superior to anything those other two classes offer in respect to this type of indoor activities and the rest of the ship, like Two70, is better also.

attachment.php?attachmentid=378396&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378397&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378398&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378399&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378400&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378401&d=1456755193

P1151550.jpg.bbc96e9c3e294f194bcf108287f78f6f.jpg

P1151552.jpg.5b0bb90167dbeda3235a0e062e063878.jpg

P1151554.jpg.f2f694c981e1d6bbec22012883453621.jpg

P1151555.jpg.971709ae687e625a31d36c8ec22a0a7d.jpg

P1050987.jpg.851a051f36f51d754168ad433232c27d.jpg

P1091337.jpg.8501c25d9aa1b92c86d3580f46f3f9bc.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

I bet there are 100's of different stories. My cabin attendant returned to work last night :-). Their ranks were hit hard. Specifically my floor seems to be hard hit. I'm sure there are lots of areas that it's business are usual.

We had dinner at Grand last evening. It was good again. Seems to be the only restaurant that really has it together. (OK JUST MY EXPERIENCE)

The Anthem Class tried to reinvent the dining serving team (cost savings). It doesn't work. Once again I feel for the staff. They are busting their butts, understaffed trying to make a flawed concept work. Ugh

Everyone is spread thin partially because of the massive cleaning operation. I swear if you stand still long enough someone's going to walk you down.

There has to be a special place in heaven for the guest services staff. They are getting pounded by mean people.

Wow! I am on the Anthem right now and you and I are having totally different experiences. My room is being scrubbed down twice a day - balcony too. The ship doesn't seem deserted to me at all - in fact many couldn't get seats for the Bond movie last night. My impression is everyone is having a Good time and making the best of the sea days we have left.

Sorry to hear of so many people getting sick. We are going on the ship for a back-to-back in September. I have a question about ChoiceAir. For those people who booked their flights through ChoiceAir and are now getting back two days early, is ChoiceAir making them new flight reservations? Is there a cost?

Further to my post above.

On Navigator we did a tour of Studio B where the ice skating is and it was when there was an open public skate on and the rink had not one person on it. The staff member was busy reading a novel as she had no one there to provide service to.

On Anthem for the public roller skating and bumper cars there were always huge line ups for these sessions.

Anthem and Quantum are much more FUN ships to be on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=378403&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378404&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378405&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378406&d=1456755193

P1141465.jpg.e3cdb1315bdf77bdb704fd89e58c352a.jpg

P1141471.jpg.d39b01ce5cce8d548514d1eed83c1c1b.jpg

P1081252.jpg.4081cd01e905156769a6bfef332a0016.jpg

P1081259.jpg.6e7017d5df229445b46841e8a648aeac.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We sailed on Navigator for three 7 night cruises and Freedom on two last year alone and will be on Anthem in a week for the second time for 12 nights this year and there is no comparison between these for cold weather sailing out of NYC. I'll take a cruise on Anthem hands down over those other two classes of ships out of this port or for any other cool or cold weather cruises such as the Baltic or Alaska.

The Anthem's solarium and indoor Seaplex are vastly superior to anything those other two classes offer in respect to this type of indoor activities and the rest of the ship, like Two70, is better also.

attachment.php?attachmentid=378396&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378397&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378398&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378399&d=1456755193

attachment.php?attachmentid=378400&d=1456755193 QUOTE

Thanks so very much for your reply, and pictures. This Canadian totally agrees. :)

Just heard on ABC news there is also a noro virus outbreak. I have read RCI doesn't get the best marks for health inspections.

Could be coincidence, but outta 20 plus cruises the only time we got (what we thought) was noro was on The Allure of the Seas

The Anthem Class tried to reinvent the dining serving team (cost savings). It doesn't work.

What do you mean by this? I'm booked for the 8:30pm dynamic dining and looking forward to being with the same wait staff in the four restaurants.

Are you saying the dynamic dining does not work or are you speaking because of the illnesses. Maybe some of the wait staff got hit with it as well.

Checking in from Anthem. Huge lines to sign up for next cruise because of 50% savings certificate. My last cruise, one agent, right now 5 or 6 and no appt. times left. Weather good, everyone's spirits seem good. Nice to see that two day credit show up on our account. Whatever we don't spend by Wednesday arrival will be refunded to credit card. Illness hasn't hit our attendants or anyone we know. Only dined in Grande and Coastal Kitchen but happy with both.

Was listening to the news last evening and this morning the Today show said that the Anthem was headed back to NJ because of the storm and that the Noro virus had broken out on the ship.

This morning Fox referred to Anthem as the ship that was caught in a storm and suffered severe damage.

What do you mean by this? I'm booked for the 8:30pm dynamic dining and looking forward to being with the same wait staff in the four restaurants.

Are you saying the dynamic dining does not work or are you speaking because of the illnesses. Maybe some of the wait staff got hit with it as well.

Not sure what the person means when they said that it does not work. However, there are 2 types of Dynamic Dining; Classic and Choice.

You appear to be using the Classic option. maybe it's the Choice option that is not working. Difference is explained below.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/

Edited by GeoffH

I sailed on the Anthem in November and was signed up for Classic Dining - that is the dining when you rotate thru the dining rooms but the wait staff rotates with you and you are with the same staff and dining mates. I don't believe that Dynamic dining allows you to remain with the same wait staff.

I hopefully have remembered the correct terms they are using. We signed up for Classic dining several months before sailing and had to do it over the phone. Maybe you have the terminology mixed up?

Could be coincidence, but outta 20 plus cruises the only time we got (what we thought) was noro was on The Allure of the Seas

It's simple mathematic and possibility, the more people that board a ship the more likely the norovirus or any other illness will be brought onboard not only by one person but many others to spread to a greater number of persons onboard. ;)

....and yet, the RCI doom sayers say all of this negative publicity will impact sales. It started with the first sailing of Quantum and roll out of Dynamic Dining. I think Trump may have been right "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in the middle of the day and my poll numbers would not drop". :cool:

It would depend on who he shot.