Oasis is moving...

You get no sympathy from us that need to fly to Florida to go on a cruise! :-)

Dan

EXACTLY - you people in FL should feel lucky to have so many ports to choose from!! We here in the great white north (MI) have to book a $400 pp flight or drive 18 plus hours to get to those ports!!

EXACTLY - you people in FL should feel lucky to have so many ports to choose from!! We here in the great white north (MI) have to book a $400 pp flight or drive 18 plus hours to get to those ports!!

I know we are so lucky.....BUT where is my fave place to cruise? ....

ALASKA! Yea I know it is wrong!

Totally gree with you. We are on Oasis now and have been a bit dissappointed. Don't get me wrong, any RCCL ship is wonderful but there are some issues on this ship that need to be remedied. Impossible to even see the ocean out of dining room windows and many, MANY of other windows appear to never have been cleaned. Not sure what's happening ...seals broken maybe, but rather than sanding and revarnishing seats at the Aquatheater (which seemed totally fine), clean the darn windows. If I had an oceanview stareroom and couldn't see out any better, I would REALLY be upset. Regardless, the ship is fabulous.....just wish the VCL was still around!

One other thing about Port Canaveral.....the rates for Oasis are ridiculous once it moves to PC and perhaps once the new wears off (and fewer book it) they will drop. Many on board have mentioned this and they will not be sailing on her until it does. But what option has been given....Majesty???? Really! We had Mariner before and then Freedom along with Enchantment. You had a choice of a larger and a smaller ship. Enchantment was fine but I don't care for Majesty. I know many people love that ship and that's great but I want something larger. Please bring in another alternative to Oasis. Guess we'll need to start sailing from Tampa.

thinking of majesty for a quickie 3 day this summer as add on to parks, any specific reasons u don't like it other than virtue of it older/smaller?

Have been looking at Oasis for some time, never able to fit it in at a good price. Out of PC is even worse.:rolleyes: We need to sail on Saturday's the way DH's vacatiion time works, so the Allure was out unless we took 2 weeks. A quick glance at a few Orlando dates & i'm seeing Sunday departures on Oasis arrgh.

once i step on a flight doesn't matter 'where' the port is as long as SWA produces a good rate. I almost feel for the Florida people having to drive a few hours;) probably the same amt of time it takes me to drive to airport from my home lol.

Edited by keishashadow

Once again, I will say that "luck" has nothing to do with it. I was born in Michigan, spent

most of my adult life there, got tired of the cold, drab winters and moved to Florida.

There is room for more, come on down and join us! :)

Of course we are not so lucky in the summer when our state turns into a hot steamy

swamp! :eek: :(

My next cruise also involves a very expensive flight from Orlando to Anchorage

Alaska. ;)

Edited by island lady

Same here for us Charlotte folks.

Well, technically you have Charleston SC, but the only thing that sails out of there are the REALLY crappy Carnival trips, and I'd never set foot on of of those again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Will be glad to have her in Port Canaveral, but wish Freedom was staying too.

I'm mad at myself for booking Oasis in June instead of Freedom while it's still in PC. I could have waited and done Oasis after she moves. It will be our second sailing on Oasis and I really am sorry we get Cats for the Broadway show.

Because of the perks we're getting, switching ships won't work without being painful.

PC check in isn't nearly as nice as Terminal 18 at Pt Everglades, but it's half the distance for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm mad at myself for booking Oasis in June instead of Freedom while it's still in PC. I could have waited and done Oasis after she moves. It will be our second sailing on Oasis and I really am sorry we get Cats for the Broadway show.

Because of the perks we're getting, switching ships won't work without being painful.

PC check in isn't nearly as nice as Terminal 18 at Pt Everglades, but it's half the distance for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have you been to Terminal 1 yet? I think it's much nicer than Terminal 18 in PE.

Have you been to Terminal 1 yet? I think it's much nicer than Terminal 18 in PE.

I agree John. Love the ramps inside and the covered area from parking all the way into the terminal.

I agree John. Love the ramps inside and the covered area from parking all the way into the terminal.

They also have a surface lot next to Grills that you can park for 3 hours if you're picking folks up. And don't forget the Cove district right next door. :D

They also have a surface lot next to Grills that you can park for 3 hours if you're picking folks up. And don't forget the Cove district right next door. :D

Yes, having Grills (amd the other restaurants) within walking distance is a plus, especially for ships doing a day stop there.

Same here for us Charlotte folks.

Well, technically you have Charleston SC, but the only thing that sails out of there are the REALLY crappy Carnival trips, and I'd never set foot on of of those again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I laughed at this because I am in Columbia, SC and I feel the same way. I wish Charleston had more options but it won't happen anytime soon.

I heartily agree with that!! And no Ft. Lauderdale heavy traffic to deal with. It gets

pretty hairy between the airport and the cruise terminal in PE. Nail biter if it is a weekday

especially. :eek:

Also agree the new terminal is very user friendly and efficient in PC.

Edited by island lady

With Oasis moving to Port Canaveral and Freedom to Ft Lauderdale to do 6 and 8 day cruises, does this mean that all week long cruises (7 day cruises) on Royal Caribbean in Florida have 3 sea days? Other than from Tampa, which only gets the smaller Vision class ships, it appears that all the week long cruises have 3 sea days and 3 shore days. Personally I think that is a shame. I don't want 3 sea days, especially when every other cruise line going from Jamaica to Cozumel stops in Grand Cayman. A sea day moving at 8 knots is not particularly desirable to me. The rest of the cruise lines have 4 ports and two sea days on their western Caribbean itineraries.

With Oasis moving to Port Canaveral and Freedom to Ft Lauderdale to do 6 and 8 day cruises, does this mean that all week long cruises (7 day cruises) on Royal Caribbean in Florida have 3 sea days? Other than from Tampa, which only gets the smaller Vision class ships, it appears that all the week long cruises have 3 sea days and 3 shore days. Personally I think that is a shame. I don't want 3 sea days, especially when every other cruise line going from Jamaica to Cozumel stops in Grand Cayman. A sea day moving at 8 knots is not particularly desirable to me. The rest of the cruise lines have 4 ports and two sea days on their western Caribbean itineraries.

Fortunately many of us do enjoy sea days. I think 3 is a good number. Just got off freedom and we had 4 :eek:

No Coco Cay :(

Fortunately many of us do enjoy sea days. I think 3 is a good number. Just got off freedom and we had 4 :eek:

No Coco Cay :(

Oasis in Fall of 2017 is going to stop at Labadee for Eastern and Western voyages. That's an improvement over no private island on eastern trips.

No St Thomas though :(

I'm excited Port Canaveral has a ship sailing from there. Nice to have 2 ports to choose from now.

My Oasis cruise in April 2017 is stopping in St. Thomas, but no private island stops. :(

Oasis in Fall of 2017 is going to stop at Labadee for Eastern and Western voyages. That's an improvement over no private island on eastern trips.

No St Thomas though :(

Booked on the Thanksgiving cruise on the Oasis. Can't wait! Decided on the Oasis over the Harmony for a couple of reasons....same ports, PC is 3 hours closer to me that FTL and the cabins are $200 less expensive. I have never been on the Oasis class ship so it will all be new to me. Really excited, last 2 years have been on Carnival. Nice ships, but just ready to be back on RC. Cant Wait!!!!!

Booked on the Thanksgiving cruise on the Oasis. Can't wait! Decided on the Oasis over the Harmony for a couple of reasons....same ports, PC is 3 hours closer to me that FTL and the cabins are $200 less expensive. I have never been on the Oasis class ship so it will all be new to me. Really excited, last 2 years have been on Carnival. Nice ships, but just ready to be back on RC. Cant Wait!!!!!

We are doing the opposite. The Oasis (which is 2 hours closer to us) is $200 more than the Harmony for next January so we are driving down to FLL to go on the Harmony.

We are looking an Oasis B2B next Feb and for us Brits its way easier to fly direct to Orlando than have to take two planes to get to FL or endure the transfer from Miami.

Miami is closer to Port Everglades than Orlando is to Port Canaveral, and so should the transfer.

Recently booked 4 Oasis cruises out of Port Canaveral which is only 34 miles from our home. Had been driving 165 miles to Port Everglades to sail an Oasis class ship which we have done 15 times including our next cruise April 9, 2016.

For the four weeks we wanted found the Oasis to be between $867 to $2381 cheaper then the Allure or Harmony for the 2 of us.

Sailing September and October 2017 and January and April 2018.