Anyone currently on Reflection? High speed internet prices?

cruisestitch

My understanding is that the high speed price structure is different and is currently only installed on Reflection, thus the question aimed only at those currently on that ship. Have heard 99 cents/ minute I stead of 79 cents / minute. I'd like to know the new package prices. They are not on the Celebrity website yet.

internet packages have been listed before. do a Forum search on Celebrity. Prices same on all ships but varies according to Captians Club status.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2317320&highlight=internet+prices

I see no pricing information in this link for the new Xcellerate internet service on the Reflection.

I was just on Reflection and had the free 90 minutes being Elite. For the first two sea days, it was painfully slow. Slower than ever. Then I was given the option of upgrading to the new Xcellerate on my own device. I believe it was $7 more per day. The speed on the Standard Plan improved when we were in ports.

We were on the Reflection February 6-13th. I think the standard unlimited package was $140 and the high speed unlimited was $189.

Had high speed internet on Royal. It doesn't paynot to have it. On Celebrity the regular reception was so bad, at times I felt like throwing my iPad overboard. The high speed is so good you can successfully do FaceTime. At least you could on Royal!

I was just on Reflection and had the free 90 minutes being Elite. For the first two sea days, it was painfully slow. Slower than ever. Then I was given the option of upgrading to the new Xcellerate on my own device. I believe it was $7 more per day. The speed on the Standard Plan improved when we were in ports.

So the free Captain's Club internet does not include the new high speed?

There is an extra cost to upgrade to the high speed?

Can "Celebrity Cruises" please comment?

Had high speed internet on Royal. It doesn't paynot to have it. On Celebrity the regular reception was so bad, at times I felt like throwing my iPad overboard. The high speed is so good you can successfully do FaceTime. At least you could on Royal!

The high speed internet on the Oasis was fantastic. We are cruising on the Reflection in June. Our suite booking included an OBC, premium beverage package, gratuities and unlimited internet. Now I'm wondering which internet is included, the regular or the high speed? :confused:

We were on the Reflection February 6-13th. I think the standard unlimited package was $140 and the high speed unlimited was $189.

I was on the same cruise and that is what I paid. I signed up before the cruise and paid only $140 for high speed. The service and speed were excellent except for one day when it was out for a few hours. They said that the satellite was malfunctioning and the entire ships internet was out too, not just the passengers connections.

I have no current bookings so I cannot get on the page for booking the internet packages but if you have a booking, you can get on and check.

Edited by pete_coach

I just got off Reflection Feb 27 -

It was advertised as the new upgraded speed but I only saw 3 options to buy. There was unlimited for the whole week for $175 (ish), something smaller that was around $100, or you could pay by the minute for $0.99!!!!!

Umm, no thanks.

I was hoping for something similar to what they had before like $40 for a small amount of minutes but there was nothing like that.

I can't comment on if it was faster because it was way too expensive for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just got off Reflection Feb 27 -

It was advertised as the new upgraded speed but I only saw 3 options to buy. There was unlimited for the whole week for $175 (ish), something smaller that was around $100, or you could pay by the minute for $0.99!!!!!

Umm, no thanks.

I was hoping for something similar to what they had before like $40 for a small amount of minutes but there was nothing like that.

I can't comment on if it was faster because it was way too expensive for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OK, so if I have the Go Best that includes unlimited internet (which I do) it's the dial up non existant speed correct? Then they offer the high speed unlimited for $40 more as an upcharge?

I wonder if we will have an upcharge for "free" internet. However if you need access it is worth it to pay for it as the regular internet is so slow it will take 5 minutes-or more to log on, if you are lucky!

We will definitely upgrade. We need daily access to our emails.

Am still hoping someone is currently on Reflection who can find answers to all the questions...

What is cost per minute for regular and for high speed?

What is cost for packages, regular and high speed?

What is cost of unlimited for the 7 day itineraries regular and high speed?

What are the free minutes give. To Captains Club members, regular or high speed?

What are discounts offered to Captains Club members for regular and for high speed?

Thanks!

So the free Captain's Club internet does not include the new high speed?

There is an extra cost to upgrade to the high speed?

Can "Celebrity Cruises" please comment?

Yes, the free 90 minutes for Elite does not include the new high speed. I believe it was $7 a day more to upgrade but you needed your own device.

Unlimited Standard was $105 per week. Add $49 for high speed priority internet. (Xcelerate)

24 hour unlimited was $49 and add $7 for Xcelerate.

We were told that the current service on Reflection did not work well with AOL. That was REAL slow, especially on sea days. Even slower than dial up. Got better when in port for some reason. Others told us that the same was true for Yahoo and even getting Facebook. They suggested Google addresses for best compatibility in retrieving e-mail.

Edited by keesar

Yes, the free 90 minutes for Elite does not include the new high speed. I believe it was $7 a day more to upgrade but you needed your own device.

Unlimited Standard was $105 per week. Add $49 for high speed priority internet. (Xcelerate)

24 hour unlimited was $49 and add $7 for Xcelerate.

We were told that the current service on Reflection did not work well with AOL. That was REAL slow, especially on sea days. Even slower than dial up. Got better when in port for some reason. Others told us that the same was true for Yahoo and even getting Facebook. They suggested Google addresses for best compatibility in retrieving e-mail.

So the $7.00 per day for the new high speed....that charge is per day for every day of the cruise or just until you run through your free minutes? And then you pay more? I 'm confused.....

I'm currently onboard and purchased the upgraded unlimited package at $140 for the week... As for the speed it's been great all the time and a lot better then on the other ships! [emoji4]

I'm currently onboard and purchased the upgraded unlimited package at $140 for the week... As for the speed it's been great all the time and a lot better then on the other ships! [emoji4]

Can you ask if the internet package that is in the packaged "BEST" offer is the standard speed internet or the Xcellerate?

Thanks!

Can you ask if the internet package that is in the packaged "BEST" offer is the standard speed internet or the Xcellerate?

Thanks!

We were on Reflection 1/30-2/6 and had the BEST unlimited internet package for booking a suite. It was the standard speed internet. I was told by the iLounge staff that gmail accounts retrieved mail much faster than other services. I was satisfied with the speed, but I only use gmail, and I don't Facebook or FaceTime.

He(I don't recall his name) also said the iLounge is going away. As most people are bringing their own devices these days, Celebrity is going to eliminate the room full of iMacs for passengers to use. I had my iPad along, but I'd still rather type on a keyboard. I guess that means I either get a keyboard for the iPad, pack my macbook pro, or maybe spring for a new macbook. He did say there would still be a couple public use computers somewhere on board, I don't recall where. Not a development I like.

He also went on about authentication and accounts that will need to be set up prior to boarding, but I don't remember what he was on about. He seemed to indicate that lots of people were going to be very unhappy when they wouldn't be able to get their email because they hadn't done something with their account before they boarded. If anyone is on Reflection right now, perhaps you could go the iLounge and ask about future requirements and get back to us? It might be helpful to clarify the waters I've just muddied.

We are on Reflection right now. We signed up for unlimited wifi for entire cruise on first day. Think we got Captain's Club 10% discount. Came to a total of $126. Great deal. The new internet is as good as we have at home. We've been able to stream with no issues.

So the $7.00 per day for the new high speed....that charge is per day for every day of the cruise or just until you run through your free minutes? And then you pay more? I 'm confused.....

I was told it would be $7 per day. I did not ask that question. I can tell you that there were those that had no problem with their connections and those that did. Even on the same plan. So it must have to deal with the particular device used. The Standard Plan connection was real bad on sea days. Ok but not great when in port.