Plastic Luggage Tags??

Are they worth the extra $10-15? Do the paper tags rip off often, I have never had issues on Carnival with tags ripping.

For the record: NO $10-15 extra cost will not break me lol, just curious if they are worthwhile.

Are they worth the extra $10-15? Do the paper tags rip off often, I have never had issues on Carnival with tags ripping.

For the record: NO $10-15 extra cost will not break me lol, just curious if they are worthwhile.

I've had the paper tags rip off. Also, the plastic tags will hold departure tags.

We use these:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1456978899&sr=8-2&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags+royal+caribbean

Steel loops and grommets. Have been very sturdy over 20+ cruises.

I've had the paper tags rip off. Also, the plastic tags will hold departure tags.

We use these:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1456978899&sr=8-2&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags+royal+caribbean

Steel loops and grommets. Have been very sturdy over 20+ cruises.

I have the plastic tags from Amazon and they are well worth it if you cruise on a regular basis. Just think of a rainy day in port going to dump your bags with the porter and your bags are out in the rain. Last March we sailed out of Fort Lauderdale on Independence and there were dozens of bags out by guest services waiting to be picked up because the paper tags got wet and fell off in the rain.

If you purchase them then you have an excuse to keep cruising again and again!

JoeRum

Sadly, the ones on Amazon do not ship to Canada :mad:

What I've been doing to date is printing the paper tags at home, using clear packing tape to "laminate" the entire tag (once folded, of course), and then using 6 staples to secure them around a bag handle. It's been fine so far but I would eventually like to get a set like the one on Amazon.

Maybe I'll use a U.S. mailbox service such as Kinek or Shipito.

Amazon is really trying to push Prime memberships, as they recently increased the free shipping threshold to $49 for general goods.

Like a above post, I have printed the tags and laminated them with packing tape. But, unlike the post, I punch a hole, with some difficulty, in the tag and hold it on with small zip ties. I simply cut the hole I punched on one side of the tag and slip it off. No Muss, No Fuss and I have never lost one yet. This is over approx. 10 cruises.

Another vote for the plastic tags. We have also had paper tags rip off in the past. The plastic are great and no issues since.

The departure tags ripping off can be a real problem if you have a plane to catch.

Just bought a set of the cruise tags on Amazon for our upcoming cruise...I like that they are reusable and will just look neater than what I have always done before.

$10 was not a big investment, and I'm a prime member so no shipping. I probably would have spent at least half that on packing tape and zip ties and tossed it in the trash after; now I have something to use again.

Like a above post, I have printed the tags and laminated them with packing tape. But, unlike the post, I punch a hole, with some difficulty, in the tag and hold it on with small zip ties. I simply cut the hole I punched on one side of the tag and slip it off. No Muss, No Fuss and I have never lost one yet. This is over approx. 10 cruises.

This is what we have always done, but after seeing the link to Amazon from Bob, I am going to order them for my whole family for our next cruise. They look a lot sturdier than what we do. :)

This is what we have always done, but after seeing the link to Amazon from Bob, I am going to order them for my whole family for our next cruise. They look a lot sturdier than what we do. :)

We first started using the plastic tags with the plastic loops, and after a few cruises, the plastic loops started breaking. So far so good with the metal loops.

We first started using the plastic tags with the plastic loops, and after a few cruises, the plastic loops started breaking. So far so good with the metal loops.

:):):)I just ordered them. Easy Peasy. Thanks for the great tip!!!!

I just received mine from Amazon for my next cruise. They look good. Embossed cruise ship in the plastic and a cable to attach it to the bag. Look much better and function better than fold and staple.

Next time you go to big events, look for people handing lanyards with the ticket holder with them.

Over time, we've gotten more than enough of those for free (as well as lanyards) to have spares if any get damaged.

Heck, we've even saved a few name tag pockets so that the next time we are on the Anthem, we can use a lanyard without worry about poking a hole in it.

Fold the paper tags as per the instructions then cover with 2" clear tape, wrapping it around for strength. Staple to cases.

luggagetags.jpg

clear-parcel-tape.jpg81Il%2B2ESojL._SX522_.jpg

Impossible to tear.... survives baggage handling... cheap... Result!

Edited by icsys

Thanks for your suggestion. I just ordered some and will try them out on my next cruise.

Thanks for your suggestion. I just ordered some and will try them out on my next cruise.

Remember to use them for the departure tags too. I find if I fold the departure tags in half, then fold over about an inch more at the top, they fit perfectly.

I picked up some clear bookmark holders on Ebay for less than $5 for 10 of them...they are pretty thick plastic...they don't have the metal grommet hole so I know they won't last forever...but so far they are working great! I just attach them with a zip tie...

Just got back from a cruise and used them. They were great. I always use two per bag. I used to use the tape and staples, but the staples can be sharp. These can be used over and over again, but please note that the different lines may require different tags. RCL is different from NCL. Enjoy your cruise!!

Sadly, the ones on Amazon do not ship to Canada :mad:

What I've been doing to date is printing the paper tags at home, using clear packing tape to "laminate" the entire tag (once folded, of course), and then using 6 staples to secure them around a bag handle. It's been fine so far but I would eventually like to get a set like the one on Amazon.

Maybe I'll use a U.S. mailbox service such as Kinek or Shipito.

Amazon is really trying to push Prime memberships, as they recently increased the free shipping threshold to $49 for general goods.

Amazon.ca (Canada) site has them as well - that's where I bought mine.

I have the plastic straps - use two per bag and also use them for the air travel to/from (hotel address on the outbound; home address on the return).

To the OP: I agree with others --- they are worth it. Have a great cruise.

Edited by jaspercat

Canadian cruisers: You can also find these holders on eBay.

If you already have the ones with the plastic loops and want the steel ones, you can also buy those on eBay.

Edited by tlatrice