Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

This is all really confusing. The AIS Live Marine traffic site shows the Majesty and the Empress across from each other not directly next to each other-but I agree it seems like it's the Majesty in front and Empress in back. But is the Majesty that much bigger than Empress?

Majesty is significantly larger than Empress

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

It is the Majesty in the foreground and the Empress in the background.

It is Majesty First, Empress behind her and Prinsendam in the background.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were cancelled from a May sailing of the Empress and re-booked for a month from today....6/11. Came here looking for hope that it won't be cancelled, too. I was so mad when they offered us $100 for cancelling, that I booked an NCL instead, but the Nordic Empress was our honeymoon ship, and I really want to go on it again. (Otherwise, I would have gone on the Getaway again.)

Just came here searching for an update. The pictures are nice. Thanks for those. I just want it to sail... *sigh No roll call yet, either. I'm impatiently waiting for 5/28.

We were cancelled from a May sailing of the Empress and re-booked for a month from today....6/11. Came here looking for hope that it won't be cancelled, too. I was so mad when they offered us $100 for cancelling, that I booked an NCL instead, but the Nordic Empress was our honeymoon ship, and I really want to go on it again. (Otherwise, I would have gone on the Getaway again.)

Just came here searching for an update. The pictures are nice. Thanks for those. I just want it to sail... *sigh No roll call yet, either. I'm impatiently waiting for 5/28.

Yes, there is a Roll Call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2296736

Received this email three days ago. Looks promising for the 28th. I saw someone on here mentioning free Zoom on the first sailing... I'm definitely interested as well.

Dear Mr. Holtsclaw:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We would like to reassure guests booked on the May 28th sailing of the Empress of the Seas that renovations to the ship will be ready for your sailing. We have 100% confidence that we have allotted sufficient time to complete all necessary work and will be ready to welcome you aboard.

On Empress of the Seas®, that “you only live once” philosophy means just a few days are packed with moments that count. Seek further, unwind like you mean it, and do it all your own way. With fast and early boarding, dining on what you want when you want it, and longer stays in port. Enjoy a sunset on every cruise and decadent Sunday brunch with a complimentary Mimosa or Bloody Mary every day of the week. And the party does not stop onboard. Every night is Saturday, with live music, amazing entertainment, and dancing the night away at Boleros Latin lounge.

Mr. Holtsclaw, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the Empress of the Seas later this month.

Sincerely,

Jesse Krichbaum

Customer Service Representative

With Royal continuing to say the last round of cancelled cruises would go as planned up until 5 days before sailing - why should we believe that this is any different? Don't get me wrong, I sure hope there are no more cancellations but its hard to believe them.

With Royal continuing to say the last round of cancelled cruises would go as planned up until 5 days before sailing - why should we believe that this is any different? Don't get me wrong, I sure hope there are no more cancellations but its hard to believe them.

Exactly. I called the morning of the last cancellation and I was told the cruises were 100% going to happen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yep that is true. We are so blessed that we got to sail on the Brilliance of the Seas. I don't think we will book Empress again.

I am booked for the June 2 cruise. I am anxiously awaiting the May 28th sailing to see if it goes. I figure if it doesn't then I am definitely not going. Not gonna let it ruin my time off. I have a back up plan just in case. This cruise will make me Diamond finally so fingers are crossed!! :cool:

This is from an Empress crew member's Instagram post this morning:

"About 2 weeks to go! Very excited to finally be presenting this beauty I call home. Its been a long hall and some serious ups and downs but come may 28th this ship is going to party!"

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFeDJ63CtSG/

Edited by WinksCruises

Thanks for the update Winks-is it normal for a cruise line to be so secretive about renovation photos? It seems to me that they could let a few pics out, just to give people a quick look of what's been happening lo these many months. I was so surprised to see that Majesty even finished her dry dock EARLY and is back at PC taking on passengers. I know it's not a big deal for a lot of people, and we've only now got a couple more weeks to go, just would be nice to see something. Anything, really.

Thanks for the update Winks-is it normal for a cruise line to be so secretive about renovation photos? It seems to me that they could let a few pics out, just to give people a quick look of what's been happening lo these many months. I was so surprised to see that Majesty even finished her dry dock EARLY and is back at PC taking on passengers. I know it's not a big deal for a lot of people, and we've only now got a couple more weeks to go, just would be nice to see something. Anything, really.

Pretty much it is a liability issue. Just like any other construction site, any photos out there could be subpoenaed should there be an accident, whether there is a problem visible in the photo or not. It is also that while in the shipyard, it is on the yard's property, so rules about photos are their policies, not the cruise line's. Generally, the crew and contractors are warned about posting photos on social media, and are subject to disciplinary action if they do.

Pretty much it is a liability issue. Just like any other construction site, any photos out there could be subpoenaed should there be an accident, whether there is a problem visible in the photo or not. It is also that while in the shipyard, it is on the yard's property, so rules about photos are their policies, not the cruise line's. Generally, the crew and contractors are warned about posting photos on social media, and are subject to disciplinary action if they do.

Ah-That makes so much sense-Goes to show that while some things seem so simple, they are actually weighted down with lots of other issues! Thanks so much!

I'm going to hang out in the Where's the Majesty thread and pretend like it's the Empress, ha ha.

Thanks again-

Oh man... I got all excited when I saw this on twitter! Bionic Bar? On Empress??

WrongShip3_Blur.jpg

Seemed legit enough... the same guy had just tweeted this pic:

WrongShip2_Blur.jpg

What could possibly be wrong?? And then.... oh oh...

WrongShip_Blur.jpg

Does anyone have the heart to let him know he's on Harmony and not Empress?? :)