Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

There was a gent that worked dry docks on RC as well as other ships and sent pictures to his wife and she posted here. After 2 or 3 dry dock reviews part way through the review the photos disappeared with no explanation. It came to be that RC or the dry dock boss, or most likely both the cracked down on the workers regarding posted photos. I am not certain if all dry dock workers or just the one that posted pics here got singled out in this crack down.

No one knows for sure if anyone lost their job, but I believe no one did. The original poster came back with a quick explanation of what happened but that was it. We never saw any more dry dock pictures from that individual again. Come to think of it I don't know if they have posted since and I don't even remember their name set name. I might've missed something but that's the basic reason of why you shouldn't ask where the photos coming from.

Edit: now back to enjoying the people cures without asking about sources.;)

Edited by A&L_Ont

While I don't remember all the particulars, I believe it was our frequent contributing chief engineer who offered the reason/s that the pictures were frowned upon coming from inside the dry dock from an unauthorized source. Basically it was once pictures from the yard were in the public domain they then could become evidence if legal issues arose from the owner of the ship, the dry dock operator, any accidents/incidents or other issues that may have occurred while in the yard. As a result any publicity coming from the yard is usually well controlled so there won't be any ramifications from the pictures. Guess they just don't want to supply the rope for the lynching. :)

As I remember, the poster was Amy. She and her husband were from England. He would be under contract for various dry docks in various locations. I think the drydock with the pictures was from a Voyager class, maybe Mariner.

Correct, Aimee posted pictures that Dave took. Her account is still active and she actually logged into it this morning. Maybe she got wind of this thread. If she has, I hope all is well and thanks for all you posted in the past.

As I remember, the poster was Amy. She and her husband were from England. He would be under contract for various dry docks in various locations. I think the drydock with the pictures was from a Voyager class, maybe Mariner.

Nana, Amy does sound familiar and yes they were from England. Wasn't the husband's user name DryDock Dave?