Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

Do you think RC is bringing back the older ships because Carnival has a lot of older/smaller ships still in there fleet

I think it's more due to Pulmantur not being able to make as much money as the corporation would like with the ships.

Anyone know if the alcohol was included on Empress under Pullmantur? The videos I view under 'navio empress' on YouTube show a party hardy crowd of mainly younger people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm sailing the Empress on 3/30, the "inaugural" sailing & noticed that on RCCL is says it's Sold Out. But I also noticed that the 4 sailings after (4/4, 4/7, 4/11 & 4/16) are also Sold Out. Is this weird? Should I be concerned that the refurbishing won't be complete by 3/30???

Anyone know if the alcohol was included on Empress under Pullmantur? The videos I view under 'navio empress' on YouTube show a party hardy crowd of mainly younger people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yes, I believe that Pullmantur functions as an "all-inclusive" line.

I'm sailing the Empress on 3/30, the "inaugural" sailing & noticed that on RCCL is says it's Sold Out. But I also noticed that the 4 sailings after (4/4, 4/7, 4/11 & 4/16) are also Sold Out. Is this weird? Should I be concerned that the refurbishing won't be complete by 3/30???

My guess is "inventory maintenance."

This can be anything from readjusting prices to figuring out if they want to offer guarantee categories.

:)

I looked 2 days ago and the interior price for the april 11th cruise was 277$ per person, oceanview was 316$

Interested prices....hopefully those type of prices will be available for the August sailings. We won't cruise in an inside cabin and have our eyes on a particular OV category....but the prices you have found are very good....I imagine for the shorter 4 day itineraries and the 5 day would be slightly higher.

Interested prices....hopefully those type of prices will be available for the August sailings. We won't cruise in an inside cabin and have our eyes on a particular OV category....but the prices you have found are very good....I imagine for the shorter 4 day itineraries and the 5 day would be slightly higher.

Haha if you think those are good, I guess you didn't see the deals when empress was first released? JS was around 400$ pp when I booked each of my sailings. 4 and 5 nighter.

I looked 2 days ago and the interior price for the april 11th cruise was 277$ per person, oceanview was 316$

April 11 is a 5 night cruise.

Haha if you think those are good, I guess you didn't see the deals when empress was first released? JS was around 400$ pp when I booked each of my sailings. 4 and 5 nighter.

We saw them but could not book a cruise during the time frame for those sailings. Maybe when the August sailings are announced we will see them, if so, it will be grabbed up.

Is she on schedule?? I'm sailing on her first passage from Miami, 3/30!! Can't wait.

I am too and am glad to see these pictures. I have been a little concerned that i haven't seen any updates or pictures.

Thanks again for posting. I am excited to see the new and improved ship! :)

This "dated old little ship" is getting completely refurbished, including the staterooms. This will make her much more updated than MANY of RCCL's newer and bigger ships. All of which i've been on, in case you were wondering.

Where are you seeing deck 8 ocean view that are looking down? From what I can tell by pictures the deck 8 rooms look straight out for the most part. The life boats seem much lower to me... maybe like deck 4 or 5? Maybe ... Not exactly sure.

I will agree that there will be far less to do on the ship then what we are used to, but I will not let that alone obscure my view of her. We all know what we are getting before booking. Well, at least the people that know how to use the "internets".

She holds zero sentimental value to me, but that does not make it any less exciting for me to be trying something new. The smallest ship I have been on prior is Voyager and Mariner.

I think the better question is why do you have to chime in just to rain on others parades? If you don't like the ship, then don't book her. Pretty simple. I will form my own opinion though. :D

:confused: Can you clarify this, i'm having a hard time following it. MANY and all seem to contradict each other. ;) There are 11 ships smaller than Voyager and bigger than Majesty plus the other 3 Voyager ships.

I just spoke with RCI today. They assure me she is on schedule. Take it for what it is worth...a reply from a booking rep.

These are the same people that told all the Rhapsody TA passengers that she was listed as unavailable so they could do Inventory Maintenance. :rolleyes: