Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

Out of sheer curiosity, if they cancel those dates, what do they do to the people booked? Credit toward a future date? Refund?

Generally they will offer a full refund, and possibly some consideration, like price protection on a selected list of similar cruises, and some on board credit.

Out of sheer curiosity, if they cancel those dates, what do they do to the people booked? Credit toward a future date? Refund?

I would guess both, or at least they should! That is strange that all those dates are all of a sudden showing as sold out :confused:

I would guess both, or at least they should! That is strange that all those dates are all of a sudden showing as sold out :confused:

Not saying it happens every time, but the "sold out" thing does happen when cruises are about to be cancelled.

I just got a call from Gary from RCCL. He said he was calling to wish me a Bon voyage. I asked about our concerns regarding the Sold Out but he said everything was on schedule. Don't know if the call was made because Royal was getting calls about a possible cancelation? Is this the norm? I usually book through an online TA but this time I booked through RCCL. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

If they did cancel them... Which I disagree is what is happening.....

What would be done about the people's flights who fly in from all over the country/world to go on these cruises that are now only a couple of weeks away?? Nothing I bet.

What about the people who need to request vacation from work months sometimes a year in advance? That would be a complete pr nightmare for them in a time where they definitely don't want any more bad pr. I can't see it happening.

It's literally 14 days away for some people. Wouldn't be good. One maybe two sailings I could see but not an entire extra month.

With the major incentives made to travel agents to fill these sailings, I would think they are actually reviewing inventory and finalizing all of the group space that was offered to the agents. This would seem to be an 'actual' inventory situation.

The ship arrived in dry dock on time and the Cadiz yard has turned many of the revitalized RCI ships in less time than they have had with Empress.

If they did cancel them... Which I disagree is what is happening.....

What would be done about the people's flights who fly in from all over the country/world to go on these cruises that are now only a couple of weeks away?? Nothing I bet.

What about the people who need to request vacation from work months sometimes a year in advance? That would be a complete pr nightmare for them in a time where they definitely don't want any more bad pr. I can't see it happening.

It's literally 14 days away for some people. Wouldn't be good. One maybe two sailings I could see but not an entire extra month.

It's why I always get travel insurance. Patticakes who is traveling with me. Checked other cruises in the FLL & Miami areas & many of them are sold out too? Is it possible RCCL would try to move people to the other cruises??

With the major incentives made to travel agents to fill these sailings, I would think they are actually reviewing inventory and finalizing all of the group space that was offered to the agents. This would seem to be an 'actual' inventory situation.

The ship arrived in dry dock on time and the Cadiz yard has turned many of the revitalized RCI ships in less time than they have had with Empress.

So when does she need to leave Spain to arrive in Miami in time?

I asked that question earlier & the response was she's set to begin her journey to Miami tomorrow, the 17th. Let's hope so.

A good point to be made is that even while she's on her transatlantic over here,that's all extra time they have to be working on the ship. I can't see any issues in her sailing on time but that's just IMO.

A good point to be made is that even while she's on her transatlantic over here,that's all extra time they have to be working on the ship. I can't see any issues in her sailing on time but that's just IMO.

To bad they didn't schedule work in Freeport. Work on the voyage is hardly efficient.

Why would that be?

You don't need to carry supplies, more skilled manpower, etc....

You really think it is just as efficient to work in the middle of the Atlantic vs in a drydock facility? Freeport to Miami is a day trip, that gives you 5-6 more days in the yard

Four different cruises where bookings were stopped at the same time. No new bookings allowed for at least the last 24 hrs. CEO saying no price cuts 30 days prior to sailing so repricing shouldn't be a factor. I still don't feel comfortable.

Edited by coaster

So when does she need to leave Spain to arrive in Miami in time?

Even giving her a day in Miami ahead of boarding to load stores, at full speed, she needs to leave Cadiz midnite the 20th/21st. At a stately 15 knots, she can leave the 18th at 1800 (6pm).