Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

What makes the bow of Oasis and Allure different from Radiance/Voyager/Freedom class bows where people can go out there at their pleasure? The safety answers sounds like a crock to me.

I think the difference might be that the Oasis class when you go to the helipad it has a steel door which is locked with a turning mechanism. I would assume when there's not an official event there it it always has a padlock on it. I could check if you really want me to OB.

If my memory serves me correct ships like Serenade and Radiance and some of the smaller classes have the ability to walk up to them directly from the promenade deck.

On Oasis class ships the jogging track is the proverbial promenade which is actually down on deck five and the helipad is on deck seven. All just theory, but I think the fact that it's a heavy steel door might make the difference. I also wonder if that door was opened it would make a huge wind tunnel down the deck seven cabin hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They usually let you ride until you crash, but will cut you off if it gets too long.

Also if you are a good rider after a couple minutes you usually do a trick that you know you can't land and wipe out.

The longest I've written is four minutes but that was after waiting in a line up for 50 minutes. It was my last run of the day so I figured I may as well make it count.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I think the difference might be that the Oasis class when you go to the helipad it has a steel door which is locked with a turning mechanism. I would assume when there's not an official event there it it always has a padlock on it. I could check if you really want me to OB.

If my memory serves me correct ships like Serenade and Radiance and some of the smaller classes have the ability to walk up to them directly from the promenade deck.

On Oasis class ships the jogging track is the proverbial promenade which is actually down on deck five and the helipad is on deck seven. All just theory, but I think the fact that it's a heavy steel door might make the difference. I also wonder if that door was opened it would make a huge wind tunnel down the deck seven cabin hallway.

I get the door thing. But there is nothing about the bow itself that I can see that makes it any more unsafe for people to be. Either way, that is one thing about the Oasis class ships that I don't like. When on Voyager/Freedom class ships I always spend a bit of time out there at night taking in the stars, the moon, the ocean, the quiet. Reflect a bit on life, and maybe offer a prayer or two and some thanks for the peace that I always seem to find out at sea.

I get the door thing. But there is nothing about the bow itself that I can see that makes it any more unsafe for people to be. Either way, that is one thing about the Oasis class ships that I don't like. When on Voyager/Freedom class ships I always spend a bit of time out there at night taking in the stars, the moon, the ocean, the quiet. Reflect a bit on life, and maybe offer a prayer or two and some thanks for the peace that I always seem to find out at sea.

I agree, it really is no different once you are out there. It is a great spot to sit.

Andrew, can't you just hear the Detroit airport calling you back? It's saying, get off that Flowrider and those tropical islands and come back here where it is overcast and cold.

Sssssh. La la la la. I can't hear you.

Thanks for all the great scopes and information! Coming up on our 7-night on Allure - what is the menu order in the MDR? (sorry if this has already been asked....)

I hate to say it but I have no idea. If you ask on the main boards someone there will have a better idea. We have yet to ear MDR over the two weeks.

If your 6yo wipes out after 5 seconds do they let him keep trying a bit? Just trying to get an idea if it's worth waiting in line!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If the wipeout is quick they will give you a second chance.

I hate to say it but I have no idea. If you ask on the main boards someone there will have a better idea. We have yet to ear MDR over the two weeks.

Last weeks menu order

Not wanting to hijack Andrews thread, we never ate in MDR either:D

MDR Menu Order:

Day 1: Mojo

Day 2: Saffron (Formal night #1)

Day 3: Pimiento

Day 4: Shiitake

Day 5: Basil

Day 6: Jasmine (Formal night #2) Fishermans plate (Lobster)

Day 7: Pomodoro

Edited by PompeySailor

Andrew-

Can you confirm that they still serve the BBC drink on the Allure?

Someone posted today that they did not have them recently on the Freedom and I had a mild panic attack [emoji15].

Great periscopes of the flow riding today! You guys were fantastic!

So funny, we were watching your periscope of when you were watching the other people leaving the ship the other day and when you showed Dylan, my husband and I recognized him from when we sailed on the Allure 2 years ago. I'm thinking his family must cruise a lot.

Andrew-

Can you confirm that they still serve the BBC drink on the Allure?

Someone posted today that they did not have them recently on the Freedom and I had a mild panic attack [emoji15].

I saw one made in front of me today at the wipeout bar. Panic attack alleviated.

Deck 5 aft has a good viewing spot, which is located on the running track. There are some chairs there for sitting as well. That is where I periscoped the sail away from St Thomas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Here's a photo of the view from the running track on Oasis:

ImageUploadedByForums1458780716.912234.jpg.ffff32a3566aaf586c7b42d49f6d272d.jpg

I'm sure Allure is just the same.

I believe the invites to the helipad sail away depends on the number of upper tier C&A members. We were first invited as platinum and gave since gone as Diamond. We've never sailed in a full suite.

So funny, we were watching your periscope of when you were watching the other people leaving the ship the other day and when you showed Dylan, my husband and I recognized him from when we sailed on the Allure 2 years ago. I'm thinking his family must cruise a lot.

Ohhh Dylan is a passenger?? I figured he was a sports deck crew member, judging from his flow rider talents!

Last weeks menu order

Not wanting to hijack Andrews thread, we never ate in MDR either:D

MDR Menu Order:

Day 1: Mojo

Day 2: Saffron (Formal night #1)

Day 3: Pimiento

Day 4: Shiitake

Day 5: Basil

Day 6: Jasmine (Formal night #2) Fishermans plate (Lobster)

Day 7: Pomodoro

Thanks Graham.

He sails at least once a year. His goal/dream is to be a Captain for RC and he will be one. I will sail with him on his first sailing.

Edited by A&L_Ont

My theory is that it is privacy of the cabins on the same deck as the helipad on Oasis/Allure. On Oasis/Allure you could walk up to the cabins and look directly into the cabin windows. If the helipad was always open, those cabins would not have any privacy. On Freedom and the other classes of ships, passenger cabin windows are not accessible from the helipad.

I love the 70s party! Enjoyed watching the scope.

That sunrise enroute to Falmouth was awesome.

Thanks. The dance party was awesome.