Luminae non-Chic Night dress...

jules815

This is our first time with a suite on Celebrity and I am wondering if you make dinner reservations at Luminae? We like to have a table for two, but not if it is "banquet style" where you are sitting so close. We usually dine about 6:00 so we can see the early show.

Trish

They will ask what time you like to dine but you do not make a reservation. Most of the tables are tables for 2 and they are not as close together as tables in the MDR or even Blu. At least that was our experience on Summit. Will find out about S class ships in just over a week. :D

On my two cruises using Luminae I would say you have no reason to be concerned about the Luminae being more dressy than the MDR.

I thought Luminae was pretty much smart casual all the time, or is that the specialty rest.

I think dress matters, not only for how you feel, but also for respect to other diners in creating the desired ambiance. A dining room full of people in formal attire creates a much different vibe than the same dining room full of people in casual attire and the vibe affects everybody. (Not that I am advocating a return to formal requirements.)

On another note, can my family of 6 dine together in Luminae? (We are all in suites.)

This is our first time with a suite on Celebrity and I am wondering if you make dinner reservations at Luminae? We like to have a table for two, but not if it is "banquet style" where you are sitting so close. We usually dine about 6:00 so we can see the early show.

Trish

No reservations necessary and our experience was that whatever time we showed up - and it was all over the place, from 6:30 to 8:30 and everywhere in-between - we had the same servers and same general seating area and no wait.

Even though other venues on the ship are smart casual all the time, many of us like to dress up, at least put a little more effort, on the formal/now chic evenings. It's not that it's required in the dining room we go to, but it just seems to fit in more with the general ambiance of the ship as most people go to the MDR. We like to be out and about on the ship in the late afternoon and all evening and we just want to blend in.

I understand dressing up at night, but what about breakfast and lunch? I'll be sailing to Alaska in Royal suite and will of course bring dresses for dinner but like to be more casual for morning and lunch. And no I would never wear bathing suits or flip flop, but nice shirt and jeans ok?

I thought Luminae was pretty much smart casual all the time, or is that the specialty rest.

I will admit that I am not sure with the introduction of Chic. I was under the impression that Luminae was Chic, but I am sure they would not turn you away. I was just responding to the poster who was concerned that Luminae would be dresser than the MDR which it is not.

I understand dressing up at night, but what about breakfast and lunch? I'll be sailing to Alaska in Royal suite and will of course bring dresses for dinner but like to be more casual for morning and lunch. And no I would never wear bathing suits or flip flop, but nice shirt and jeans ok?

You can wear shorts during breakfast and lunch.

Isn’t is odd that those of us who can only use the main dining room are expected to dress up more than those qualified to use the upper crust restaurants? A bit like making the Downstairs folks dress for dinner on Downton Abbey when it is casual night for the Upstairs folks. Personally, I don’t like to dress up but will never feel uncomfortable when others around me choose to do so.

Isn’t is odd that those of us who can only use the main dining room are expected to dress up more than those qualified to use the upper crust restaurants? A bit like making the Downstairs folks dress for dinner on Downton Abbey when it is casual night for the Upstairs folks. Personally, I don’t like to dress up but will never feel uncomfortable when others around me choose to do so.

I don't understand this hatred for suite passengers. They paid extra for this, and not only that what is the difference between suits having there own restaurant and aqua class having Blue? I don't hear people bashing them for having extra perks. It's the same thing.

I think you will find that people in Luminae will be at least as dressed up as people in the MDR and probably more so.

According to the Celebrity website, the dress code for Luminae is Smart Casual.

Has there been a recent change, not yet reflected in the website?

It is smart casual, I was only giving an answer as to what the official Celebrity policy was without an opinion, kennelgang was giving an opinion.

I think dress matters, not only for how you feel, but also for respect to other diners in creating the desired ambiance. A dining room full of people in formal attire creates a much different vibe than the same dining room full of people in casual attire and the vibe affects everybody. (Not that I am advocating a return to formal requirements.)

On another note, can my family of 6 dine together in Luminae? (We are all in suites.)

Yes, you can all dine together. We have seen family groups sitting together in Luminae on previous cruises. Enjoy! :)

We just got off the Silhouette and did not dress differently in Luminae for "Elegant Chic" nights. In fact, that was one of the reasons we chose a suite. My DH wore khakis and a polo shirt on both chic nights and was not out of place. I wore nice clothes. ;)