Hopefully Live from the Caribbean Princess in the Caribbean March 20-30 2016

pkt1976

I booked this cruise about 9 months ago because I loved the itinerary. I've been on a few Caribbean cruises but haven't been to any of the ports on this trip. I've sailed solo many times and was fine with doing so again but 5 lovely folks are going with me, including a friend I've known since I was a kid, who just retired last week. We linked our reservations so we'll have dinner together at 6pm each night. One of the crew members I stay in contact with will be onboard and I can't wait to see him.

I've been stalking the -Will the Caribbean Princess be on time- :eek: thread for months learning about fog and booze laws in Texas. The weather should be great while we are on board.

I'm elite on Princess and this will be my friend and roomie's first Princess cruise. I can't wait to see what she thinks. We have an aft balcony on Baja. Since I get 250 internet minutes, I decided I'd give a live from a shot. Hopefully the hamsters on the internet wheel on the ship run fast! I downloaded tapatalk on my phone so we'll see how it works. Hopefully I am smarter than the smart phone!!

I have 1/2 day tomorrow to work from home then it's vacation time!

I'll list out what we are planning. We are doing some ship tours and some private tours.

Our itinerary is:

3/19- Fly to Houston, Stay at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby. My friend in Houston is going to take us to a fine Texas lunch...and a wine store. It wasn't the first thing I told my blue card friend but I think the first thing she heard about the cruise was each person can take on a bottle of wine. :D

3/20- board the ship

3/21- Sea day - cruise critic meet and greet which I'm hosting. I make invites for the ship officers with an anchor stamp and then design around a theme for the cruise. Last cruise, one of the ship officers recognized my stamp and said he had to come by because he knew I'd have Jelly Bellys for officers who stop by haha. I used Caribbean colors and wavy edges this time.

3/22 - Sea day

3/23- Montego Bay Jamaica- Ship tour Dunns River Falls and Dolphin Cove with lunch

3/24- Grand Cayman- Private tour with Moby Dick tours to Stingray city

3/25- Roatan- Private tour with Victor Bodden Zip and Dip

3/26- Belize- Ship tour to Altun Ha Ruins with a river cruise

3/27- Costa Maya- Private tour to Maya Chan

3/28- Cozumel- ship tour- Cenotes and Turtle Bay Adventure

3/29- Sea day

3/30- Saddest day- Space center ship tour and transfer to airport

I always try to do something new on each trip and this one will be no different. I have never sat through a full movie on MUTS...maybe this time.

I'll try to post some pics from the phone during the trip but will post pics from the "good cameras" when I return. My go pro will also be getting a work out i'm sure!

Now....back to final packing. I'm in the "are you really going to wear that? remove some of this stuff" phase.

70bbd5d1ed300248d7b1d0d0302a811d.jpg

Trying to post a pic of the invite to see what happens...

edit- yayyyy it worked. Paula -1 , Smart phone- 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pkt1976

We ended a B2B on the CB on Sunday. Lee Childers was the CD and his assistant was Martin from Wales. We have been to Belize many times including 2 weeks ago. Altun Ha is very popular so expect crowds but well worth it. The river cruise is great with crocs, iguanas, etc so take a camera. We have taken several ship tours while in Coz to the Yucatan and have always returned late with the ship of course waiting our return (30 minutes to 1 hour late). Our favorite though is going to Tulum which we have done several times. I hope you have a great cruise.

That's a fantastic itinerary. DH was begging me to go on that cruise but I already had a commitment for this weekend and couldn't rearrange things. I will be anxious to read your reports. Have a great cruise!

Wow, home barely two full weeks and G wanted you guys to be on another cruise? Are you sure that you guys like to be at home and on cruises equally? :D

Edited by ar1950

The CB has had some generator problems.

If you can, please report if these problems have been fixed and, if not yet fixed, what is the schedule to get them fixed.

Thanks

As of last Sunday, the one failed generator out of the 6 onboard had not been fixed. The subject came up at the navigation talk and the senior bridge officer would not give a fix date only saying that since the generators are very large, fixing them takes a lot of time and expertise. He said they work on them while at sea as well as in port. We ran 18 to 20 knots for two days in returning to Bayport so it does not appear to be a serious problem at this time.

Paula-

I am really looking forward to your live from! Your invites are stellar and putting the rest of us to shame (especially the person who forgot the invites on her last cruise:rolleyes:).

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and the trip goes off without a hitch.

Bon voyage!

I booked this cruise about 9 months ago because I loved the itinerary. I've been on a few Caribbean cruises but haven't been to any of the ports on this trip. I've sailed solo many times and was fine with doing so again but 5 lovely folks are going with me, including a friend I've known since I was a kid, who just retired last week. We linked our reservations so we'll have dinner together at 6pm each night. One of the crew members I stay in contact with will be onboard and I can't wait to see him.

I've been stalking the -Will the Caribbean Princess be on time- :eek: thread for months learning about fog and booze laws in Texas. The weather should be great while we are on board.

I'm elite on Princess and this will be my friend and roomie's first Princess cruise. I can't wait to see what she thinks. We have an aft balcony on Baja. Since I get 250 internet minutes, I decided I'd give a live from a shot. Hopefully the hamsters on the internet wheel on the ship run fast! I downloaded tapatalk on my phone so we'll see how it works. Hopefully I am smarter than the smart phone!!

I have 1/2 day tomorrow to work from home then it's vacation time!

I'll list out what we are planning. We are doing some ship tours and some private tours.

Our itinerary is:

3/19- Fly to Houston, Stay at Hampton Inn Houston Hobby. My friend in Houston is going to take us to a fine Texas lunch...and a wine store. It wasn't the first thing I told my blue card friend but I think the first thing she heard about the cruise was each person can take on a bottle of wine. :D

3/20- board the ship

3/21- Sea day - cruise critic meet and greet which I'm hosting. I make invites for the ship officers with an anchor stamp and then design around a theme for the cruise. Last cruise, one of the ship officers recognized my stamp and said he had to come by because he knew I'd have Jelly Bellys for officers who stop by haha. I used Caribbean colors and wavy edges this time.

3/22 - Sea day

3/23- Montego Bay Jamaica- Ship tour Dunns River Falls and Dolphin Cove with lunch

3/24- Grand Cayman- Private tour with Moby Dick tours to Stingray city

3/25- Roatan- Private tour with Victor Bodden Zip and Dip

3/26- Belize- Ship tour to Altun Ha Ruins with a river cruise

3/27- Costa Maya- Private tour to Maya Chan

3/28- Cozumel- ship tour- Cenotes and Turtle Bay Adventure

3/29- Sea day

3/30- Saddest day- Space center ship tour and transfer to airport

I always try to do something new on each trip and this one will be no different. I have never sat through a full movie on MUTS...maybe this time.

I'll try to post some pics from the phone during the trip but will post pics from the "good cameras" when I return. My go pro will also be getting a work out i'm sure!

Now....back to final packing. I'm in the "are you really going to wear that? remove some of this stuff" phase.

Looking forward to it.

Made it to Houston and we are staying at the Hampton inn Houston Hobby tonight. The rooms are nice but you only get a frig and microwave if you have a king size bed room. I have some people I work with who live in Houston who took us to dinner and the wine store. It was a long travel day and we will be going to sleep early! I booked a dedicated shuttle for the 6 of us tomorrow through Execucar/Supershuttle. It's $100usd for up to 8 people from the airport area to the port. The Hampton Inn has a free breakfast and the lady said they have hot items like eggs and bacon.

Made it to Houston and we are staying at the Hampton inn Houston Hobby tonight. The rooms are nice but you only get a frig and microwave if you have a king size bed room. I have some people I work with who live in Houston who took us to dinner and the wine store. It was a long travel day and we will be going to sleep early! I booked a dedicated shuttle for the 6 of us tomorrow through Execucar/Supershuttle. It's $100usd for up to 8 people from the airport area to the port. The Hampton Inn has a free breakfast and the lady said they have hot items like eggs and bacon.

Glad you made it! I am looking forward to hearing more!!

Happy sails!