Explore 4 package

pdw26

Wouldn't the OBC credited to their account be "refundable" since it is a refund of a payment? If unspent, wouldn't this "refundable" OBC returned to the credit card at the end of the cruise?

Unused OBC from promos isn't refundable. Only prepaid OBC by the guest or TA is refundable.

Wouldn't the OBC credited to their account be "refundable" since it is a refund of a payment? If unspent, wouldn't this "refundable" OBC returned to the credit card at the end of the cruise?

If you're talking about a refund of the prepaid PG reservation then yes, it should be refundable OBC if there is still OBC by the end of the cruise. If you're talking about an Explore4 perk, that is a "use it or lose it" situation. It all depends on how the ship handles the request in my example.

If you're talking about a refund of the prepaid PG reservation then yes, it should be refundable OBC if there is still OBC by the end of the cruise. If you're talking about an Explore4 perk, that is a "use it or lose it" situation. It all depends on how the ship handles the request in my example.

If you prepay for Dining via credit card and cancel onboard they refund to the card.

Sailing 29th July on Nieuw Amsterdam. Have the Explore 4 deal.

On Celebrity the first night on board the speciality restaurants have a big discount. Can see why the PG is pre reserved for the first night as part of the Explore 4 as no one wants to go! We will make it our first job to change the booking. We arrive in Vancouver from the UK the day before our sailing and will still be very jet lagged the first night. Pointless to have a speciality restaurant and not be able to fully enjoy the experience.

Can anyone explain the drinks package we will have with this deal? Is it a fixed amount per day or a fixed number of drinks.

Have taken many cruises with other lines but this is our first with HAL. Hope we enjoy it as we have already booked a New Year Caribbean cruise on Eurodam.

Hope you are able to change your free Pinnacle dinner that you got with your Explore4 package.

We had the explore4 package for our October cruise on the Eurodam. Of course they assigned us to 5 PM on the first night of the cruise. Yes -- you read right. There were so many Explore4 and Dine Around dinners that the Pinnacle was open every night at 5 for our cruise. And NO we were not able to change our free Explore4 Pinnacle dinner to another night.

Unused OBC from promos isn't refundable. Only prepaid OBC by the guest or TA is refundable.

Absolutely, but the recommendation was to prepay to ensure OP got the preferred date. OP would then swap the promo for the prepaid and cancel the prepaid. Net effect is to cancel the prepaid reservation which would generate refundable OBC (paid for by credit card).

Can anyone explain the drinks package we will have with this deal? Is it a fixed amount per day or a fixed number of drinks.

The SBP as part of Explore-4 is a promotion that allows you up to 15 beverages of any type, per day, with a beverage price of up to $8. You should not concern yourself with the 15% service charge. You will not see that on your final bill, it has been bundled into the Explore-4 promotion. So, any drink you order can have a max menu price of up to $8.

HAL says no sharing, and 5 minutes between drinks. We have ordered doubles of many cocktails and they charge them as 2 drinks on the same ticket, at the same time. No problems. Just about every mixed drink is $7.50, so there's no problem there. All beers are included, as well as specialty coffees in the explorer's lounge. Also, bottled water, purchased on the ship and cans of soda are included. Only wines are limited. There are good house wines, and some name brands available for the $8 price limit, but if you want the really good stuff, you have to buy it separately. Wines covered by the package are only by-the-glass, no full bottles. And all beverages from your cabin mini-fridge are not included, as well as beverages on Half Moon key.

Hope you are able to change your free Pinnacle dinner that you got with your Explore4 package.

We had the explore4 package for our October cruise on the Eurodam. Of course they assigned us to 5 PM on the first night of the cruise. Yes -- you read right. There were so many Explore4 and Dine Around dinners that the Pinnacle was open every night at 5 for our cruise. And NO we were not able to change our free Explore4 Pinnacle dinner to another night.

That is very disappointing to hear.... I certainly hope we don't run into that same problem. :mad: Did you just settle for that first night reservation or blow off Pinnacle altogether?

Edited by joepeka

----

While we enjoyed the Pinnacle, I was much more impressed with the Tamarind. The service was outstanding - they really made us feel special (twice) on our Nov 2015 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise. If I were celebrating a special anniversary, I would go to the Tamarind. Be sure to have a cocktail (or mocktail) in the Silk Den before or after your dinner!

We had the Explore4 package on 1 of our cruises & since we are normally early dinner eaters at home & knew the times were pre-assigned by Seattle. I emailed Ship Services & pled our case for an early time---- we got both PG & Canaletto scheduled for 5:30.....

That has not been my experience.

It's not my experience, either.

Perhaps the OBC is credited to your on board account, and only if there is excess at the end of the cruise, then it's returned to your credit card.

It's not my experience, either.

Perhaps the OBC is credited to your on board account, and only if there is excess at the end of the cruise, then it's returned to your credit card.

Good afternoon, Ruth. Last January aboard the Oo'dam, we had to cancel an excursion booked through HAL, paid for ahead of the cruise w/cc and the full refund went to the card. The money wasn't refunded until after the cruise. Maybe it was an anomaly.

Edited by blizzardboy

and if they booked us for an early dinner we were able to change it to later.The other option is to book it in advance, charge you card and then get an obc for what you prepaid.

I guess I'm a little puzzled about how pre-booking and paying in advance for a Pinnacle restaurant dinner solves the problem that KK mentions above about getting a lousy (and unchangeable) pre-assigned reservation for the Xplore4 comp'd dinner? Or perhaps your suggestion had nothing to do with KK's situation?

On Celebrity the first night on board the speciality restaurants have a big discount. Can see why the PG is pre reserved for the first night as part of the Explore 4 as no one wants to go!
I remember when HAL used to do the same. On our first HAL cruise (on the Maasdam), I booked us dinner at the Pinnacle Grill for the first night so we could take advantage of the deal. I made the reservation late enough that we could go by the dining room to meet our waiters and tablemates. The funny thing is that the people we met at our table ended up switching to early dining. We had two new couples at our table the second night.

I guess I'm a little puzzled about how pre-booking and paying in advance for a Pinnacle restaurant dinner solves the problem that KK mentions above about getting a lousy (and unchangeable) pre-assigned reservation for the Xplore4 comp'd dinner? Or perhaps your suggestion had nothing to do with KK's situation?

You make the prepaid reservation ahead of the cruise for the time and date that you want, then get with the Maitre D day one, cancel the prepay and have him move the freebie to your prepaid time slot.

Or go day one, hand him $10 and ask him to move the freebie where you want it. That's my preferred method because you make a friend in the process. We ate in the PG for LeCirque, the freebie, and one other night on our 11-day in January, all at the time we wanted, and he had our favorite table waiting each night.

[quote name='blizzardboy']You make the prepaid reservation ahead of the cruise for the time and date that you want, then get with the Maitre D day one, cancel the prepay and have him move the freebie to your prepaid time slot.
Or go day one, hand him $10 and ask him to move the freebie where you want it. That's my preferred method because you make a friend in the process. We ate in the PG for LeCirque, the freebie, and one other night on our 11-day in January, all at the time we wanted, and he had our favorite table waiting each night.[/QUOTE]

I got it..... pre-book just to hold a day and time that you want. Makes sense. ;)