Beware, No Power Strips Allowed

On-board Allure of the Sea. Had two pieces of luggage intercepted by Allure security. Had to go to Security office to find out there were two forbidden items in our bags. First bag had multi-plug power strip at top of top of bag. Other bag also had one. No power strips allowed to be brought on-board.

BEWARE! DO NOT PACK POWER STRIPS AS THE ARE SUBJECT TO BE SEIZED.

:mad::(

On-board Allure of the Sea. Had two pieces of luggage intercepted by Allure security. Had to go to Security office to find out there were two forbidden items in our bags. First bag had multi-plug power strip at top of top of bag. Other bag also had one. No power strips allowed to be brought on-board.

BEWARE! DO NOT PACK POWER STRIPS AS THE ARE SUBJECT TO BE SEIZED.

:mad::(

Did your power strips have an extension cord?

If you have multiple devices to plug in, a couple may not be enough. Especially if there are more than 2 people in a room. 😉

No device or gadget needs to be constantly charging.

And no matter how many things you might have.

It is very manageable for anyone to make due with the few outlets provided.

I usually keep a power strip in my bag mostly to use at the airport. It has never been confiscated. Maybe I've been fortunate. I also have a charging station to use in the room that also has not been confiscated.

I have 2 phones, 2 camera batteries, a tablet and a watch that all need charging throughout the day. When you factor in the other people in the room with similar electronics the number of outlets in the room are not enough.

Agreed nothing has to be charged all day but there are many times when multiple things are charging at the same time.

We bring a small USB charger - my new one has four USB ports. Will be more than enough to charge my iPhone, iPad Air 2, Kindle Paperwhite, Fitbit Charge HR, iPod Touch, Bluetooth earphones, and Bluetooth keyboard, plus my DH's iPhone and Kindle. I also bought short charging cables, to keep the clutter down.

Edited by Croozin Soozin

We now take a portable power brick that you keep plugged in with additional power, then you take that with you and you can quick charge any small USB device. And then a multi port USB charger as well...

Ha great minds think alike!!!

Edited by BecciBoo

I usually keep a power strip in my bag mostly to use at the airport. It has never been confiscated. Maybe I've been fortunate. I also have a charging station to use in the room that also has not been confiscated.

I have 2 phones, 2 camera batteries, a tablet and a watch that all need charging throughout the day. When you factor in the other people in the room with similar electronics the number of outlets in the room are not enough.

Agreed nothing has to be charged all day but there are many times when multiple things are charging at the same time.

Doubtful you use those things so much on a cruise that they all need to be charged every day

I love those replies.... "I brought one and it didn't get taken" Good for you. I've also not taken lotion out of my bag when going through TSA screening and not had anything said to me. Does that change the rules? Nope. Should you be telling anyone it's fine since they didn't stop you? Nope.

We bring a small USB charger - my new one has four USB ports. Will be more than enough to charge my iPhone, iPad Air 2, Kindle Paperwhite, Fitbit Charge HR, iPod Touch, Bluetooth earphones, and Bluetooth keyboard, plus my DH's iPhone and Kindle. I also bought short charging cables, to keep the clutter down.

We always bring one of these as well. On our last FOS trip every time the cabin steward came in to the stateroom to clean, she unplugged it. Not sure if it was because she was using the plug, or whether there has been a safety policy change, but we only were able to charge devices (without interruption) in the evenings/overnight after she was done for the day.

We travel with 2 Mac Book Airs, 2 Samsung smart phones, 2 cameras and a portable 2TB slim hard drive we have no issues traveling with only 1 Apple charger, and 1 USB charger which does both phones and both cameras I just change the USB cord.

We can watch movies on each Air for about 3 hours before they need a charge, our Samsung phones can each stream movies through WFI for over 6 hours before needing a charge and our Nikon Cameras can take about 300 shots each depending on if we are using flash before needing a charge.

I have no idea what kind of a vacation day we would be having where we would need to be charging both computers, both phones and both cameras at the same time or even the same day?

Even on flights of over 4 hours where we need to use our own devices to watch movies or play video poker and such we have no charging issues.

They will return them at the end of the cruise. Watch for table of detained items as you disembark.

Even if you don't have something detained check out the table, it can be quite amusing. When we got off Jewel in San Juan in 2014, there was brand new wafflemaker still in the box.

I love those replies.... "I brought one and it didn't get taken" Good for you. I've also not taken lotion out of my bag when going through TSA screening and not had anything said to me. Does that change the rules? Nope. Should you be telling anyone it's fine since they didn't stop you? Nope.

As I said, I guess I was just fortunate. I was not implying anyone should bring one if it's not allowed. Since mine were not confiscated on several occasions, I did not know they were not allowed. I also never checked the list of forbidden items so this is probably the reason I did not know. By all means people should follow rules.