Would you take random cab from FLL to hotel

Laurba99

We didn't have a great experience a few years ago. came in at night and took random airport cab to hotel. our hotel asked me if I wanted the shuttle company that we are using to get to the port the next day to also get us from the airport. seems like it would be about $15 more. what would you do?

Absolutely take a taxi from the airport or the port. We live about 15 miles north of the port and airport and take a town car service (since we reserve it in advance and it costs about the same as a cab) to drop us off but always take a taxi home. We have never had a problem.

Shuttles that charge may save money for the single traveler but if there are 2 or more in your party, a cab will probably be cheaper, not as crowded, and take you directly to your ship (in the case of hotel to port shuttles that may stop at multiple piers).

Edited by capriccio

We just had a crazy driver who didn't speak to us and it was dark out and we didn't even know if he was taking us the right way and drive crazy fast and almost hit someone. So that is why I asked but it's day time when we land so not worried now

We just had a crazy driver who didn't speak to us and it was dark out and we didn't even know if he was taking us the right way and drive crazy fast and almost hit someone. So that is why I asked but it's day time when we land so not worried now

Very few will/can hold a conversation with you! English is (mostly) not their first language. They provide a service to get you from one place to another at a price that is good value.

From Hyatt Place 17th Convention Center to the pier is a very short ride (maybe 5 minutes, depending on how busy the security entrance is).

In Ft. Lauderdale the distances are short and the hotels are clustered in certain areas. It would be hard for a cab driver to drive around aimlessly. Most of the taxi drivers I've had are Haitian, and speak French. Their English skills vary. I've never had a driver take me in circles.

Roz