New details emerge on Edge Class Ships

DYKWIA

Hi, a travel agent in Australia (obviously I can't disclose the identity as it breaches CC rules) has just sent through the latest information from Celebrity.

Released just after midnight in Australia it includes details on the new Edge Class ships which are expected to based exclusively in the Asia Pacific area, hence the press release come from Australia.

Edge of the world Suite Class -

Will feature a promenade deck but this will be near the top of the ship and will be exclusively for Suite Class guests and will be part of a revolutionary completely private hotel within a hotel concept with access by key card. It will be called Edge of the world and will feature its own infinity pool, bars, shops and TWO restaurants – one serving Sushi. The Edge of the world will also feature a unique private entrance to the new theatre where suite guests will be able to watch the show from their own private exclusive area within the theatre. Edge of the world suite class will have their own private boarding and disembarking area as well as their own dedicated luxury Riva Yachts for tendering.

Edge K Class – All other guests will have state of the art facilities in modern luxury dubbed K Class– Celebrity will feature a number of Celebrity endorsed products to reflect the modern luxury vibe of the ships. Kardashian's will be the new Main Dining Room and will be Casual dress every night and will feature a menu aimed at a younger generation– those preferring to dress up will be able to dine in one of the specialty restaurants for a modest fee. Kim's will be our state of the art Spa. Khloe's will be the K Class Specialty Restaurant featuring gourmet burgers and hot dogs. In a first for Celebrity the Edge Class ships will feature a permanent musical show in its own show lounge - “Danke Schoen – The Wayne Newton Story”.

“Martini Bars are gone! Modern Luxury is about the classics”; said Luda Travnja, Celebrity's New Croatian Head of Edge K Class development “Our Bieber Bar concept will feature a relaxed funky atmosphere in what is a unique partnership with UK's leading luxury bar operator J D Weatherspoon”

What a bunch of BS!!!!!!

Hahaha I actually fell for it in the beginning with the Hotel within a hotel idea. There were times on our Equinox cruise where we felt like third class passengers because were just in a lowly 2A veranda and not a suite or CC/AQ class haha The rest of it was too over the top and I soon figured out it was an April Fools joke. Thanks for the laugh!!

Thanks for the laugh. But please don't mention the Kardashians or Bieber any further. Might give Celebrity some very ill advised ideas LOL.

Yes, good laugh and can we keep this board a Kardashian free zone.

What was so good about the OPs comments is the suite elements could very much come true. Will be very surprised if they don't have a two ship concept within the ship.

Hilarious!

Haha, I totally believed that X was trying desperately to grab a younger demographic -- thank God it was a joke or I would've sworn off X forever :p

Great April Fools joke! But sad how much of it has the ring of truth to it, like the hotel with the hotel. And don't forget the Kardashians ARE Celebrity's target market, .... SMH

Hi, a travel agent in Australia (obviously I can't disclose the identity as it breaches CC rules) has just sent through the latest information from Celebrity.

Released just after midnight in Australia it includes details on the new Edge Class ships which are expected to based exclusively in the Asia Pacific area, hence the press release come from Australia.

Edge of the world Suite Class -

Will feature a promenade deck but this will be near the top of the ship and will be exclusively for Suite Class guests and will be part of a revolutionary completely private hotel within a hotel concept with access by key card. It will be called Edge of the world and will feature its own infinity pool, bars, shops and TWO restaurants – one serving Sushi. The Edge of the world will also feature a unique private entrance to the new theatre where suite guests will be able to watch the show from their own private exclusive area within the theatre. Edge of the world suite class will have their own private boarding and disembarking area as well as their own dedicated luxury Riva Yachts for tendering.

Edge K Class – All other guests will have state of the art facilities in modern luxury dubbed K Class– Celebrity will feature a number of Celebrity endorsed products to reflect the modern luxury vibe of the ships. Kardashian's will be the new Main Dining Room and will be Casual dress every night and will feature a menu aimed at a younger generation– those preferring to dress up will be able to dine in one of the specialty restaurants for a modest fee. Kim's will be our state of the art Spa. Khloe's will be the K Class Specialty Restaurant featuring gourmet burgers and hot dogs. In a first for Celebrity the Edge Class ships will feature a permanent musical show in its own show lounge - “Danke Schoen – The Wayne Newton Story”.

“Martini Bars are gone! Modern Luxury is about the classics”; said Luda Travnja, Celebrity's New Croatian Head of Edge K Class development “Our Bieber Bar concept will feature a relaxed funky atmosphere in what is a unique partnership with UK's leading luxury bar operator J D Weatherspoon”

Well, I'm not sure I'll be a Belieber in Celebrity's Edge Class...;)

• 5 months later...
I have recently been alerted to this article which might be of interest. Scroll down for some renderings of cabin design concepts.

Project Edge| Taking Celebrity Cruises to new Heights?

Not sure if I like the look of it myself......:confused:

Sorry but we've had a couple of previous discussions on those renderings, they are not from Celebrity.

Any chance of a link so I can see what was said? ;)

Every couple of months the same 2 photos come up as being the prototypes for Edge Class cabins. Check this thread from this time last year and those same 2 photos are on page 1 and then again on numerous pages throughout the thread ;). All speculation, X have not confirmed this is the new layout ;). Funny thing is, I've not looked at your link, but I bet any money it's those same 2 photos - so is it :D?

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2263454&highlight=Edge+class

Every couple of months the same 2 photos come up as being the prototypes for Edge Class cabins. Check this thread from this time last year and those same 2 photos are on page 1 and then again on numerous pages throughout the thread ;). All speculation, X have not confirmed this is the new layout ;). Funny thing is, I've not looked at your link, but I bet any money it's those same 2 photos - so is it :D?

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2263454&highlight=Edge+class

Yes indeed!

I like how the article says "Apparently, the Softroom design picks up the open bathroom concept that debuted with the inauguration of Norwegian EPIC in 2010" ... arguably the worst design decision ever made on a cruise ship that has garnered many complaints and made people swear off an otherwise OK ship:

epic-toilet.png

That's the view from the cabin of the toilet compartment! I hope X doesn't copy this!