Which cruise destination?

CNDKangaroo

Trying to figure out our October 2016 cruise destination and wondered what people felt was their favourite 10 (or about 10) day cruise...

We've done Alaska and the Pacific Coastal cruises a number of times and are happy doing the coastal one again but also feeling adventurous to try something something new.

We did the Quebec to NewYork 10 day trip 2014. It was nice. Quebec is an interesting place and the fall leaf colors were beautiful.

We also sailed from Quebec but it ended in Ft. Lauderdale 12 days later. We flew into Montreal (same frequent flyer miles as in US) and stayed for a couple of days before taking the train to Quebec. The ship stayed overnight to enjoy more of the beautiful Quebec area. Using FF miles our airfare was reasonably priced.

We also sailed from NYC to Ft Lauderdale which included stops in St. Thomas, Aruba & Antigua.

Both of these sailed in October & I think they are good options.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I like the longer cruises that include the ABC islands, I love Aruba! :)

New England is a cruise I would do again and I've taken longer ones there twice. I love Quebec, European flavor without going to Europe.

I'm a Panama Canal fan but prefer full transit, I've sailed San Juan to LA 30 years ago, then LA to San Juan more recent. I was amazed how much it had changed, how much had been terraced. There wasn't as much foliage or high sides.

I second the recommendation of the Quebec to Fort Lauderdale repositioning cruise. We did this in October 2014 and it is one of our top cruises. We loved the overnight in Quebec City (we had also arrived 2 days early for our first time visit to Quebec City). The ports - especially Bar Harbor, Boston, Newport and NYC (we missed Charleston due to a storm)- were fantastic and we had lovely, warm weather (except in Quebec where it was cold and windy).

There are so many options, it is really up to you. Where do you want to go? Do you like lots of sea days? Do you want only warm weather cruises like the Caribbean. Do you want a port intensive cruise, such as Europe? Do you want a 7 day cruise or are you looking for longer cruises? Will you fly, short distances, long distances? How much do you want to spend? You are the only one that can answer these kind of questions.

All great suggestions.

I would add that Princess will begin partial Panama Canal visits on the Pacific side (Los Angeles round trip) of the canal beginning November 16, 2016.

19 night cruise.

Currently that's the only cruise scheduled for that itinerary during 2016/2017. It apparently is selling well with prices currently beginning at $3,449.

Edited by Astro Flyer

All great suggestions.

I would add that Princess will begin parctial Panama Canal visits on the Pacific side (Los Angeles round trip) of the canal beginning November 16, 2016.

19 night cruise.

I wish you'd stop saying this.... For now, this is just being offered once. Let's see what happens when the 2017/18 itineraries are released. Besides, that one is really expensive....