Martini Bar Question

akeka

We are back on Celebrity for the first time in a dozen years later this month. I plan to upgrade my beverage package to premium for the better wines and martinis. My husband is a beer or bourbon guy.

Can he get a bourbon and coke in the martini bar or does he have to go to another bar for his drinks and join me there?

In another post the statement was made if you have a classic beverage pkg. you can't get anything at the Martini Bar or World bar on the Solstice. Is this true, most likely will upgrade to the Premium beverage pkg. Thanks!

In another post the statement was made if you have a classic beverage pkg. you can't get anything at the Martini Bar or World bar on the Solstice. Is this true, most likely will upgrade to the Premium beverage pkg. Thanks!

At the martini bar you can't get any of the full priced big martinis but you can get other standard drinks that are in the classic package range... For instance a wine or vodka & Coke etc...

At the WCB it's pretty much a speciality bar which is designed to serve only the drinks on the menu so all of those will be above the classic level, there are some reports of people getting non menu drinks there but generally it's only the the ones on the menu...

We are back on Celebrity for the first time in a dozen years later this month. I plan to upgrade my beverage package to premium for the better wines and martinis. My husband is a beer or bourbon guy.

Can he get a bourbon and coke in the martini bar or does he have to go to another bar for his drinks and join me there?

He can also get beer at the martini bar. They have a reasonable selection.

On Equinox last summer, the staff at the martini bar refused to serve us anything with the classic package.

On Equinox last summer, the staff at the martini bar refused to serve us anything with the classic package.

Others have reported that experience and I've seen people turned away myself, especially if the bartenders are busy. In other words, YMMV, but you should be prepared to go to a different bar to get classic package drinks and not automatically assume that they'll serve whatever you want at the Martini Bar.

I have read you can get a smaller martini with the classic at the martini bar. Can anyone confirm that? :)

On our November cruise on the Equinox I enjoyed several smaller sized Bombay Sapphire martinis in the Martini Bar.

Others have reported that experience and I've seen people turned away myself, especially if the bartenders are busy. In other words, YMMV, but you should be prepared to go to a different bar to get classic package drinks and not automatically assume that they'll serve whatever you want at the Martini Bar.

If that happens and they turn you (or anyone else) away, go straight to the customer relations desk to complain. They should not be turning people away.

The Martini Bar is my favorite place to hang out since 2004 when they changed the champagne bar on the Connie to the first Martini bar. I even remember the bartenders name - Putu.

The first ice bar was on the Century, we christened that too in 2007.

Can't wait for my first Martini in 2017................................

Dave

The Martini Bar is my favorite place to hang out since 2004 when they changed the champagne bar on the Connie to the first Martini bar. I even remember the bartenders name - Putu.

Putu is on the Reflection now and has been looking after us for the past 2 weeks..................excellent bartender and a bit of a nutter!! In fact he leaves the ship with us tomorrow for 3 months off and some much needed therapy!!

:D

Putu is on the Reflection now and has been looking after us for the past 2 weeks..................excellent bartender and a bit of a nutter!! In fact he leaves the ship with us tomorrow for 3 months off and some much needed therapy!!

He's our favourite and looked after us very well also, hope he goes back to the reflection after his vacation! [emoji4]

He made my wife a napkin flower which she still has.

Which ever ship we have been on, I have found the staff at the Martini Bar wonderful. We have never had a problem getting drinks on the Classic package there and paying for the few non-classic drinks we fancy. It is our favourite bar on ship, mainly because of the great bar staff :D.

• 2 weeks later...