Response Times From rcldining@rccl.com

Anyone else having poor response times from rcldining@rccl.com lately? When I first used them a few years ago, I got a response in a day or two. This time, I sent an email on 4/1 with a follow-up on 4/7 without a response to either. Anyone having better luck? Maybe I just need to give it more time, but we sail on 5/20, so I'd really like to get it squared away. :D

Anyone else having poor response times from rcldining@rccl.com lately? When I first used them a few years ago, I got a response in a day or two. This time, I sent an email on 4/1 with a follow-up on 4/7 without a response to either. Anyone having better luck? Maybe I just need to give it more time, but we sail on 5/20, so I'd really like to get it squared away. :D

I sent a request on March 6th, received a reply from a totally different email and name on March 7th. I, like you. thought a week to 10 days I would have heard a reply. When I did a search in my email I found that the reply did in fact arrive within 24 hours.

You are likely asking too early. The folks who do that worry about more immediate requests, like the next sailing. If you don't get a reply follow up once you are the next sailing.

I try to send the email around 3 weeks before the cruise, and I usually get a response within a week. Every once in a while, I have to send a second email because I get no response after 10 days.

Made my request and got answer within 24 hrs. They said "Your request has been sent to the ship"...that's all the answer I ever get... but they have always granted our requests.

I've gotten a reply with a specific table #.

Agree with others that you are probably too early. Also, with the intro of more ships to their fleet, it may be that what you experienced several years ago has been impacted by simply more requests coming through that email box.

Agree with others that you are probably too early. Also, with the intro of more ships to their fleet, it may be that what you experienced several years ago has been impacted by simply more requests coming through that email box.

Hmmm....I wonder if they take any requests for DD ships (Quantum class)? If not, then there's has been no real increase in about 6 years, till next month when Harmony comes online.

Hmmm....I wonder if they take any requests for DD ships (Quantum class)? If not, then there's has been no real increase in about 6 years, till next month when Harmony comes online.

Just a guess that even though there may not be any more ships, and there are probably fewer people using traditional dining, I suspect the awareness of the rcldining email has increased greatly.

You are likely asking too early. The folks who do that worry about more immediate requests, like the next sailing. If you don't get a reply follow up once you are the next sailing.

I don't think OP was asking too early. I sent an email last month for our sailing in September and heard back the next day.

I think 6 years ago, less people knew about and utilized the email address than do currently. So it isn't the fact that more ships are in the fleet, but more cruisers know about the email address and use it.

Response time varies....but it is most helpful to them to put name of ship and your sail date in subject line. I generally contact them 3-4 weeks in advance and put all the pertinent information that they will need in the body of the email.

I am getting ready to send mind in for our May OA cruise. I wonder if it is better to send it directly to the ship or go thru the RCLdining email? I have the email from the OA from a previous sailing.

Any thoughts on this Bob? Does it matter which one I use?? Thanks

I am getting ready to send mind in for our May OA cruise. I wonder if it is better to send it directly to the ship or go thru the RCLdining email? I have the email from the OA from a previous sailing.

Any thoughts on this Bob? Does it matter which one I use?? Thanks

I don't think it matters, as my experience has been that the folks at rcldining forward the email to the appropriate ship person anyhow. I just feel like it's best to go through channels, though I have nothing to go on except my gut feel on that.

I don't think it matters, as my experience has been that the folks at rcldining forward the email to the appropriate ship person anyhow. I just feel like it's best to go through channels, though I have nothing to go on except my gut feel on that.

Thanks- that's the way I was leaning

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed dining for Anthem a couple weeks ago and got a response the same day from Marlene, the Anthem coordinator. However, she said to email back 2-3 weeks prior to request again, since it was too early.

I just gave up trying to contact them,. Three emails a week apart from each other with no response. Guess I'll just hope I can correct it on the ship.

You of course could give up...From reading other responses (and I know this from personal experience) response time varies. You have sent in the request very early and perhaps the ship you are sailing on is very busy with dining room issues on sailings prior to yours.

My suggestion is to make sure that the email is actually leaving your computer or server to assure yourself it is not a technical problem on your end. After that, be patient.