Drink or Drunk Package

We are new to CC but have cruised a bit, we have never paid for the drink/drunk package but we have had it included in our cruise fare before.

We are sailing on the IOS transatlantic this May and we are thinking should buy the package, We can access the CL along with the 3 x FOC drinks each night at many of the bars BUT I like Coors Lite and the good lady likes Grey Goose Vodka.

Should we go for the drinks package which has 20% off for our cruise?

Only you can determine whether or not you'll get the benefit from it.

It's not difficult to do when you figure perhaps a drink with breakfast, a few beers and/or frozen cocktails with lunch, pre-dinner drinks, wine with dinner, drinks at the show, drinks after dinner.

It's not difficult to do when you figure perhaps a drink with breakfast, a few beers and/or frozen cocktails with lunch, pre-dinner drinks, wine with dinner, drinks at the show, drinks after dinner.

I think that answers his question, and makes it 'the drunk package'.

When we are home and go out we drink Coors/Grey Goose and want to do the same on the ship. In the past we had bar staff giving us Coors and Grey Goose in the C&A deal but we are not happy with that.

The last time we sailed RCCL was Oct 2015 and I have read that the drinks have increased a good bit, But I cant find any upto date drink price list online

We are new to CC but have cruised a bit, we have never paid for the drink/drunk package but we have had it included in our cruise fare before.

We are sailing on the IOS transatlantic this May and we are thinking should buy the package, We can access the CL along with the 3 x FOC drinks each night at many of the bars BUT I like Coors Lite and the good lady likes Grey Goose Vodka.

I've done a TA with and without it. I certainly wouldn't pay for it myself (ours was included with the cruise price the first time). Given the diamond benefits, between the D lounge and the three drinks on your card you'd have to consume a lot to make it worth it. I'm far from a light weight and they also don't have my preferred brand of beer but I've adapted to Amstel light and I really like it now. We did enjoy the package, but on a TA you may not want to consume that much two weeks straight. I felt a little off when I had the package on day 10 or 11 and didn't drink for 2-3 days. That's like $150 plus blown if you buy the package. So I would just ask yourself will I drink at that pace every day for about two weeks, do I sometimes get worn down or feel a bit off on a longer cruise, etc. before I splurge for the cost of a nearly two week drink package (even with the discount). I'd have to think that in the end it won't be a huge $ difference if you don't buy the package so I wouldn't stress about it too much either way.

This is just my experience and opinion and to each their own. Hope that helps.

Edited by topnole

Hardly. Two drinks an hour over the course of a 10 hour day and you'd be under the legal limit.

I drink for the taste, not the intoxication. I don't drink all that much on land - at most 2 with dinner, so having 20 drinks in one day would probably hospitalize me. ;)

I drink for the taste, not the intoxication. I don't drink all that much on land - at most 2 with dinner, so having 20 drinks in one day would probably hospitalize me. ;)

The package on offer is $39 per day plus 18%, I would like to know the upto date drink prices

The package on offer is $39 per day plus 18%, I would like to know the upto date drink prices

That sounds like a good deal to me. Being D+ I don't buy too many drinks but I know on a recent cruise I got a Bloody Mary & it was $12 plus gratuity. They've also done away with the generous pours & carefully measure out each shot (at least in my limited experiences) unlike the DL & CL :)

Do it.

Package also included starbucks coffee, bottled water and fresh squeeze orange juice when we went. Find a bartender, give them $20 at the beginning of the cruise and they will take good care of you. Drink, drunk, whatever... it's your vacation.

Edited by Stags14

Do it.

Package also included starbucks coffee, bottled water and fresh squeeze orange juice when we went. Find a bartender, give them $20 at the beginning of the cruise and they will take good care of you. Drink, drunk, whatever... it's your vacation.

The package I am looking at excludes coffee and OJ but I am thinking its still a good deal, Her indoors (minder) will take the top package as she likes coffee and tea

Edited by newtothisCCthing

The package I am looking at excludes coffee and OJ but I am thinking its still a good deal, Her indoors (minder) will take the top package as she likes coffee and tea

Whatever you decide, enjoy! We thought it was a great deal, and you don't have to worry about a bill at the end of your vacation. It's nice..

Buy the package and relax. It's all good. You don't need 20 drinks a day to pay for the package. And you also don't need to be 'drunk' to get your money's worth.

When we are home and go out we drink Coors/Grey Goose and want to do the same on the ship. In the past we had bar staff giving us Coors and Grey Goose in the C&A deal but we are not happy with that.

The last time we sailed RCCL was Oct 2015 and I have read that the drinks have increased a good bit, But I cant find any upto date drink price list online

Prices have NOT increased since Oct 2015. They did have an increase but is was prior to your last cruise. Also, The LoS out of Galveston had liquor/mixed drinks @ $10/drink at several of their bars. Have a great cruise!

Prices have NOT increased since Oct 2015. They did have an increase but is was prior to your last cruise. Also, The LoS out of Galveston had liquor/mixed drinks @ $10/drink at several of their bars. Have a great cruise!

Thank you, I have read many threads about increase in drink prices

Edited by newtothisCCthing

Thank you, I have read may threads about increase in drink prices

I have too, but in reality, the drink pkg pricing is trending back down. RCCL is now selling 'Drink Cards' and also offering discounts on drink packages. Then I actually scored a BOGHO price for our Preimum Pkgs for our next cruise.