Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Mr. Pinnacle fired the shot across my bow.

Totally missed the shot, but not going to look for it either. It makes me think of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride though. I'd still meet you at the WJ for dinner and a predinner drink with the Pinnacles up in the lounge. All are good in my books.

Edited by A&L_Ont

, Actually, Gigi and her hubby just recently earned PC level so they have every right to be in the lounge.

Yeah, apparently they also want the right to decide who gets kicked out. Now I'll go back to dreaming about advancement in RCI's C&A program. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ocean Boy

I wasn't going to bother chiming in here but if we are talking Gigi and Mike, then I have to. Really nice people.

Clint and Zandra - you also are really nice people.

-Cheryl

(ps - we have several cruises booked but doesn't look like our paths will be crossing again... at least for now.)

Both posts pretty much mirror our thoughts! We do the lounge for the snacks and primarily the people! Mr Ski doesn't drink (except a sip of wine at dinner) and I usually have one drink (maybe 2). We would miss the social aspect of the lounge as we would not be going to the other bars for drinks. Don't care that much about drinking and they are usually too loud with music nearby!

Thanks....as indeed many of us have that same thought....like minded people. :) Looking

forward to an evening with you in the DL/CL in the future!

Yeah, apparently they also want the right to decide who gets kicked out. Now I'll go back to dreaming about advancement in RCI's C&A program. :rolleyes:

Ha ha ! Ocean Boy you so have made me chuckle so much over the years.

Keep up the good work!:)

Mr. Pinnacle fired the shot across my bow.

I apologize if you felt that I personalized my statement toward you. I know that I do not have the power to decide how Royal manages their lounges. My concern, which may be misguided, was for the overcrowding of the DL. I thought it was common knowledge that many Cruise Critic posts have made similar speculations.

Interesting I saw on Mattfl other post the suite and pinnacle sail way on the helipad from Labadee. I was on May 7 oasis in a cls and I asked about sail way for upper tier and they concierges told me they are no longer allowed to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting I saw on Mattfl other post the suite and pinnacle sail way on the helipad from Labadee. I was on May 7 oasis in a cls and I asked about sail way for upper tier and they concierges told me they are no longer allowed to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I totally forgot about that. They had it on the OA in October.

Our next cruise will be our first Diamond Cruise. It will be interesting to see what happens. DH and I think we would rather enjoy our three free drinks in a place of our choosing rather than crammed into the Diamond Lounge. Be interested to see just how much they change the Diamond Perks.

Don't get too excited .... We've just come back from our first cruise as a Diamond member on INDI and the Conceige lounge was full every night from 5pm till 8.30pm and the diamond lounge was also full tho they extended that particular room by closing the Viking crown bar and making it a diamond and above only venue which made things a lot better...

My only worry for you is that you may experience similar hostile welcoming to what me and my family did over the past 14 nights when entering either the Conceige or diamond lounges , basically people who I'd imagine are either diamond plus or pinnacle were and obliviously know each other started pointing and questioning our status of drinking in these venues in which made me and my family feel very unwelcome and put a sour feeling to what would of been a very good holiday .....

My tips would be to enter either lounge before 5pm and get a seat enjoy the free drinks and just try to ignore what's going on around you !!

The drinks vouchers are only 3 per person when it's unlimited in both lounges ...

Don't get too excited .... We've just come back from our first cruise as a Diamond member on INDI and the Conceige lounge was full every night from 5pm till 8.30pm and the diamond lounge was also full tho they extended that particular room by closing the Viking crown bar and making it a diamond and above only venue which made things a lot better...

My only worry for you is that you may experience similar hostile welcoming to what me and my family did over the past 14 nights when entering either the Conceige or diamond lounges , basically people who I'd imagine are either diamond plus or pinnacle were and obliviously know each other started pointing and questioning our status of drinking in these venues in which made me and my family feel very unwelcome and put a sour feeling to what would of been a very good holiday .....

My tips would be to enter either lounge before 5pm and get a seat enjoy the free drinks and just try to ignore what's going on around you !!

The drinks vouchers are only 3 per person when it's unlimited in both lounges ...

Sorry you found some unpleasant people. It is Not always that way and the same happens when you stand in the WJ ordering coffee. Some are nice and polite to the crew and others will order with a terse voice with NOT a thank you...... All depends on the mix of the group on that cruise.

Try again another time and you could make some great new friends. :)

No one should ever receive a 'hostile feeling' that sure isn't a way to make people feel welcome.....as long as the Concierge in any lounge does their job and makes sure people are in the lounge that should be, it is NONE of any other cruisers business.....what specific status or category someone else is. So sorry that you felt in any way 'unwelcome' it should NEVER put a sour feeling on a very good holiday.

Sorry you found some unpleasant people. It is Not always that way and the same happens when you stand in the WJ ordering coffee. Some are nice and polite to the crew and others will order with a terse voice with NOT a thank you...... All depends on the mix of the group on that cruise.

Try again another time and you could make some great new friends. :)

So true....

Sorry to hear this. Sadly, on some cruises, this type of attitude is more prevalent than on other cruises. I can assure you as someone who turns PC this year, we treat everyone kindly.... And there are lots who do the same.

the staff in both the Concierge and diamond lounges were first class and no problems at all and always making us feel welcome but there were a select 2 or 3 groups of around 5 to 8 people all making a fuss and pointing at us , one particular couple (possible husband and wife ) stood right next to me at the bar in the diamond / Viking lounge and quite blatantly said out loud

" why are they in here they shouldn't be allowed " and in response I took out my gold card and twiddled it in my fingers so they could see I was entitled to drink in that venue in return I got

" ooh he's got a gold card tut tut tut probably hasn't cruised as much as we have "

You know it really did put me off ever attending this particular part of the ship again and we didn't re book another cruise as we normally do for the following year but I shouldn't really let this get too me or my family as there are some really genuine nice people who we met

the staff in both the Concierge and diamond lounges were first class and no problems at all and always making us feel welcome but there were a select 2 or 3 groups of around 5 to 8 people all making a fuss and pointing at us , one particular couple (possible husband and wife ) stood right next to me at the bar in the diamond / Viking lounge and quite blatantly said out loud

" why are they in here they shouldn't be allowed " and in response I took out my gold card and twiddled it in my fingers so they could see I was entitled to drink in that venue in return I got

" ooh he's got a gold card tut tut tut probably hasn't cruised as much as we have "

You know it really did put me off ever attending this particular part of the ship again and we didn't re book another cruise as we normally do for the following year but I shouldn't really let this get too me or my family as there are some really genuine nice people who we met

Do you let people with unpleasant attitudes bother you in real life? Don't let them bother you on a cruise.

In my experience, the annoying people are MUCH more common in real life.

Examples: People in the express check-out line with a cartfull of items.

People who use the shoulder to cut to the front of the line in traffic.

People who don't use their turn signals.

People who turn left from the center lane instead of getting into the left turn lane.

People who talk in the movie theater during the movie.

People who don't clean up after their dogs.

And the list goes on and on.

As Eleanor Roosevelt famously said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

42f3c297041f68df59c1a3643da43f85.jpg

Sorry to hear this. Sadly, on some cruises, this type of attitude is more prevalent than on other cruises. I can assure you as someone who turns PC this year, we treat everyone kindly.... And there are lots who do the same.

DH and I are Diamonds, sailing our way to D+; most likely not to ever reach Pinnacle, but we have met Pinnacles that have been marvelous to share a sailing with along our way. I would never have known they were Pinnacles or Diamonds or anything else from their behavior or attitude, they were just wonderful, fun people....and they were a blast to enjoy a cruise with. I take for granted that someone is enjoying what they are allowed to enjoy and if in the same room with me....ALL is good. I know plenty of Pinnacles are wonderful fountains of information and knowledge, and wonderfully enjoyable shipmates.

I am horrified that there are people that rude out there. Rarely do I say it, but in my head I am thinking, "Are you naturally that much of an a**hole or do you have to work at it?" Unfortunately that might drag me down to their level.

We just had our first trip as Diamond. I was really looking forward to the lounge and meeting lots of new people. That didn't happen, primarily because there was so many of us that we flowed into the Music Hall and we could only ever find a table for two. Staff was great, wine surprisingly good and the h'orderves quite tasty. Next time we will meet some new friends!

Do you let people with unpleasant attitudes bother you in real life? Don't let them bother you on a cruise.

In my experience, the annoying people are MUCH more common in real life.

Examples: People in the express check-out line with a cartfull of items.

People who use the shoulder to cut to the front of the line in traffic.

People who don't use their turn signals.

People who turn left from the center lane instead of getting into the left turn lane.

People who talk in the movie theater during the movie.

People who don't clean up after their dogs.

And the list goes on and on.

As Eleanor Roosevelt famously said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

42f3c297041f68df59c1a3643da43f85.jpg

Amen

That's sad :-( you can imagine the looks we got taking a toddler into the diamond lounge for our afternoon coffee on ovation recently. We were told by a fellow guest/lounge police just how exclusive the lounge was and we had obviously got lost 😐 much to his disappointment I politely explained that being diamond plus (my toddler is too 😉) we were well versed in the use of the diamond lounge but hadn't been in that often on ovation as the concierge lounge was much nicer 😁

Were your children with you in the Diamond Club? Under 18 aren't allowed in the DC during the Cocktail Hour. I've been in a DC with my grandchildren in the afternoon playing card games. At 4:30 ( the start of happy hour on that ship) people did the same thing as you experienced. The Concierge nicely asked us to leave, which we did. (Grandchildren are Diamond on their own and have D+ via their mother.). Children are allowed in the CL during the Cocktail Hour. I hope you will cruise again and have a better experience.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

I am horrified that there are people that rude out there. Rarely do I say it, but in my head I am thinking, "Are you naturally that much of an a**hole or do you have to work at it?" Unfortunately that might drag me down to their level.

I'm sure me and my family conducted ourselves in the right manner , we didn't barge in or be rude to anyone, we gave up our seats to older members so they could sit down instead of standing , actually a member of staff said that we were quite polite as they had suffered on the previous cruise from some passengers as they couldn't say a simple thank you after being served ....

We're your children with you in the Diamond Club? Under 18 aren't allowed in the DC during the Cocktail Hour.I've been in a DC with my grandchildren in the afternoon playing card games. At 4:30 ( the start of happy hour on that ship). People did the same thing as you experienced. The Concierge nicely asked us to leave, which we did. (Grandchildren are Diamond on their own and have D+ via their mother.). Children are allowed in the CL during the Cocktail Hour. I hope you will cruise again and have a better experience.

Yes our daughter joined us for a very short space of time ... She would generally meet a friend she had made and went too the arcade ,played mini golf or ball games in the sports area in which we sat on the balcony area of the diamond lounge so we could see her , she popped up the outside stairs 2 or 3 times to have a quick drink but then went back to play . We actually asked staff if it was ok for her to sit with us and they said yes no problems but I did use my head a bit and thought no I'll make sure she isn't within the lounge for long periods of time .

Tho there were others in there with a baby and another group with a girl around 13-15 years old but there didn't seem to be any fuss about them or our daughter to be honest