Irons??

Does any one know if the Allure has a place where they have an iron so you can iron your things after they have been in your luggage?

There are no guest irons available on any Royal ship. Nor are irons allowed to be brought on.

You can use their pressing service or bring on something like Downy Wrinkle Releaser.

thanks Bob I thought I had read somewhere that there were no irons.I guess I will have to use a trick I learned with steam from the shower & a blowdryer

You're welcome.:)

RCI and Celebrity doesn't allow you to take care of your own clothing....it's a money thing. No irons for passenger uses.....and you can't bring your own...although your used to be able to...

Iron before you pack...then don't worry about it! Everyone is in the same boat..so to speak!

RCI and Celebrity doesn't allow you to take care of your own clothing....it's a money thing. No irons for passenger uses.....and you can't bring your own...although your used to be able to...

Iron before you pack...then don't worry about it! Everyone is in the same boat..so to speak!

Do you really think it is a money thing? or a safety thing? My guess is on safety!

I iron everything for all family members every day, so I was going to really have an issue with not having an iron on our cruise a week ago, but I ended up hanging up my clothes as soon as we got into the room (we were in a GS, so lots of hanging space), and I brought Downy Wrinkle Release and it worked quite well. I will say however to make sure that if you bring some of the Downy, that you make sure the lid is screwed on very tightly. I didn't check it very good before packing although I double wrapped it in a target bag, it ended up opening and leaking out into the bag, but there was enough left in the bottle to last us.

Does anyone know if Portable Steamers are allowed? It works well getting rid of wrinkles on clothes. Thanks......

Born-To-Cruise

Past Cruises:

13-RCI, 3-Carnival, 1-Celebrity

(funds permitting, always looking forward to a great cruise)

Edited by born-to-cruise
Fix typo

Does anyone know if Portable Steamers are allowed? It works well getting rid of wrinkles on clothes. Thanks......

Born-To-Cruise

Past Cruises:

Yes,portable steamers are permitted.

No. It is not a cash grab as the motivation behind RCI banning irons. Fire is the biggest safety concern on a ship.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Born-To-Cruise

Past Cruises:

Sorry what is a portable steamer, is that like a small travel steam iron ?

Born-To-Cruise

Past Cruises:

Portable (travel) steamers are on the prohibited list:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

Edited by clarea

I think I am staying in my bathing suit the whole cruise.They wont mind when I show up for dinner in the main dinning room,will they.LOL

Didnt know about Downy wrinkle release that should work great with the steam from the shower & a hair straightener Thanks for the ideas.