Benefits for Elite Plus lack

Montana

Last time I checked the perks offered were a marketing tool. Most large corporate business offer some type of perk to repeat customers. Customers have the right, if not obligation to comment about the perks and try to change the perks to their liking. Thus, sustaining their loyalty to the brand. Other than that, I also like a level added around 2,000 points with increased internet and one specialty dining.

I always try and see the glass half full or more. We are very lucky to be able to travel the world on land and sea. Celebrity prices seem to have gone up in the past year. I'm still very happy with their product. We have started spending time on land before and or after our cruises. We spend time in Key West and Harry Potter World on 2 different cruises. We booked a 12 night cruise Amsterdam to Rome. I booked airfare with a 20 window so we can spend time in London seeing friends. Cruising and vacations should be about having fun with family and friends and each other. I dont cruise for the perks.

What would you think if cruise lines changed it to the airline plans. You have to spend so much and cruise so many times each year or you go back to Classic member.:D:eek:

I find this entire thread sad. A business is giving you something for free and it isn't enough. You do realize that they don't have to offer any loyalty program right?

Also don't forget to presume that people at the Elite Cocktail party are world travelers - and those not Elite are not as well traveled. Brahaha - here is a tip - there are many other ways to travel besides a cruise ship. Priceless. :cool:

Very well said.

Last time I checked the perks offered were a marketing tool. Most large corporate business offer some type of perk to repeat customers. Customers have the right, if not obligation to comment about the perks and try to change the perks to their liking. Thus, sustaining their loyalty to the brand.

Great explanation; very true!

While perks alone are not the reason why most passengers book cruises, perks do add an extra incentive for choosing one cruise line over another in markets where different companies offer similar cruises at competitive prices.

It is certainly not a matter of a business giving you something for free.

Rather it is rewarding repeat customers with additional incentives to keep returning again and again;

a smart policy that makes good business sense.

I agree with others that Celebrity would be smart to add another level above Elite+.

People are more likely to reach for that "carrot" when it is within their grasp.

As much as we like Celebrity, Zenith is so far out of reach for us that accumulating additional points no longer matters.

Many of us, after reaching Elite+, are now more likely to book on other cruise lines instead when appealing offers come along.

I also agree that the perks for Elite are much better than the additional perks for Elite+, which seems somewhat lopsided because it takes more additional points to get to Elite+ than to get to Elite.

Better solution would be to do away with beverage packages that generally push up the overall cost of the cruise. Also, beverage packages reduce the value of the elite happy hour.

I was very disappointed at the lack of meaningful perks associated with Elite Plus. Don't get me wrong - it is nice to get any perks and I am thankful for them, but I agree that there is not a lot of incentive to get from Elite to Elite Plus.

I totally agree. It would be a great perk if elite plus members with the classic package were automatically upgrade to the premium package for example. After all we won't be costing the cruise line anything for the free evening drinks? Just a thought. I appreciate any perks are great, but after all they are only there to encourage us to stay with the same cruise line. After Elite the jump to zenith is not realistic for the average cruiser.

Edited by iandjm

The captain's club program has two goals. 1) to entice you to remain loyal to Celebrity and 2) to get you to upgrade your booking ($'s) to get more points to get to the next level.

The elite and elite + levels offer some significant benefits, depending of course on what you value and what perks you received when you booked your cruise. However, once you reach elite + the Zenith level is so far away that the enticement to book to a higher $ cabin disappears...unless, of course, you want to pay significantly more and book suites.

We just will never book suites on celebrity (for the $'s, will and do sail on a "higher end" cruise line)..we book veranda cabins of some sort and we ignore the points. Our preferred cabins on S-class are 1A and A2->A1 (captain's club upgrade) depending on our feelings towards Blu and the cost differences (we're "blued out" and find select dining works just as well for us). We would never book a concierge cabin on an S-class (except perhaps for location). On M-class, we book A2 -> A1 deck 11 or concierge, but just for the extra space.

Yes, elite + does draw us back for the perks and we sail celebrity mostly when friends want to sail with us....but the points just aren't going to entice us to upgrade our bookings.

If there was another level, maybe we would upgrade those 1A's to concierge for the 2 extra points per day. The new level would likely not increase our loyalty, but it might, depending on what was offered...we might even upgrade to a suite if the new level offered enough to make it worthwhile. I don't think celebrity is focused on loyalty..in fact we're not in the target demographic and at times, one might think they probably would prefer we (the older folks) didn't sail with them so they could get someone on board who will spend a great deal more and who will be enticed to upgrade to a suite to get to elite + or even zenith.

I'm fine with elite +....I don't think we'll see a new level and I am not banking points, just in case.

Edited by ghstudio

I'm fine with elite +....I don't think we'll see a new level and I am not banking points, just in case.

When they did the conversion we were lucky enough to make it to Elite+ with 870 points. We will never, ever make Zenith and we will not even make 1,500 to the half way mark. So we really don't care if they add another level. Actually we prefer they not add any more levels as this might diminish Elite+ perks.

I totally agree. It would be a great perk if elite plus members with the classic package were automatically upgrade to the premium package for example. After all we won't be costing the cruise line anything for the free evening drinks?

But that would be worthless to someone who does not have a package. We never have a drink package as we most always book insides that don't include any perks or book an lower senior rate/resident rate which gives no perks.

Edited by CruisingChick

When they did the conversion we were lucky enough to make it to Elite+ with 870 points. We will never, ever make Zenith and we will not even make 1,500 to the half way mark. So we really don't care if they add another level. Actually we prefer they not add any more levels as this might diminish Elite+ perks.

But that would be worthless to someone who does not have a package. We never have a drink package as we most always book insides that don't include any perks or book an lower senior rate/resident rate which gives no perks.

Of course you will reach Zenith. Book suites and you will "only" have to cruise 267 more nights. :eek:

Rather it is rewarding repeat customers with additional incentives to keep returning again and again;

a smart policy that makes good business sense.

I agree with others that Celebrity would be smart to add another level above Elite+.

People are more likely to reach for that "carrot" when it is within their grasp.

As much as we like Celebrity, Zenith is so far out of reach for us that accumulating additional points no longer matters.

Many of us, after reaching Elite+, are now more likely to book on other cruise lines instead when appealing offers come along.

Agree. There is no chance of my ever reaching Zenith. No reason to try to add any more points to my account. I do appreciate the Elite+ benefits, but other cruiselines are willing to match my "status" on Celebrity. This is causing me to look around. So I guess if Celebrity's goal is to keep me cruising with them, it isn't exactly working.

but other cruiselines are willing to match my "status" on Celebrity. This is causing me to look around. So I guess if Celebrity's goal is to keep me cruising with them, it isn't exactly working.

Besides reciprocal benefits on Azamara and RCCL and matching on MSC are there any other lines that will give/match benefits?

Thanks.

Actually RCCL does not match the Elite Plus.

Right, they only go as high as Diamond. Same with Celebrity, if you are Diamond plus or above on RCCL you only get Elite perks nothing higher. Still the Diamond perks on RCCL are pretty good.

I totally agree. It would be a great perk if elite plus members with the classic package were automatically upgrade to the premium package for example. ......

.........But that would be worthless to someone who does not have a package. We never have a drink package as we most always book insides that don't include any perks or book an lower senior rate/resident rate which gives no perks.

Then what if they were to offer Elite+ passengers the choice of either an upgrade from classic to premium, or one of the lower priced non-alcoholic drink packages?

Would you consider that to be a fair and satisfactory solution for everyone?

Elite plus already includes the non-alcoholic drinks from Cafe al Bacio, so giving a non-alcoholic drink package instead would create minimal additional cost for them, essentially adding only bottled water and soft drinks, or maybe including some smoothies or fruity non-alcoholic iced drinks.

Then what if they were to offer Elite+ passengers the choice of either an upgrade from classic to premium, or one of the lower priced non-alcoholic drink packages?

Would you consider that to be a fair and satisfactory solution for everyone?

Elite plus already includes the non-alcoholic drinks from Cafe al Bacio, so giving a non-alcoholic drink package instead would create minimal additional cost for them, essentially adding only bottled water and soft drinks, or maybe including some smoothies or fruity non-alcoholic iced drinks.

Actually my DH and I have already discussed this in the past and we think Elite+ should get 50% off a drink package. Heck Zenith get them for free so why can't we get 50% off?

They'd still be making money as drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) do not cost them anywhere near what they charge.

With your suggestion the only thing I would use would be the bottled water. Neither DH or I drink soda or fruity non-alcoholic drinks and smoothies we get for free at the Elite Breakfast.

Actually my DH and I have already discussed this in the past and we think Elite+ should get 50% off a drink package. Heck Zenith get them for free so why can't we get 50% off?

They'd still be making money as drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) do not cost them anywhere near what they charge.

With your suggestion the only thing I would use would be the bottled water. Neither DH or I drink soda or fruity non-alcoholic drinks and smoothies we get for free at the Elite Breakfast.

Even at 50% off we would not buy a drink package, we do not drink enough to make it worthwhile. We don't drink soda or smoothies, and get orange juice at the Elite breakfast, so only water would be of value to us in the non alcoholic package although we do enjoy the coffee and tea with the Elite+ benefit and would like to have the fancier Cafe al Bacchio drinks included.

Generally we are appreciative of the benefits we receive, but although we take them into account when looking at cruise prices they are rarely sufficient to sway our decision.

Sheila

Even at 50% off we would not buy a drink package, we do not drink enough to make it worthwhile. We don't drink soda or smoothies, and get orange juice at the Elite breakfast, so only water would be of value to us in the non alcoholic package although we do enjoy the coffee and tea with the Elite+ benefit and would like to have the fancier Cafe al Bacchio drinks included.

Generally we are appreciative of the benefits we receive, but although we take them into account when looking at cruise prices they are rarely sufficient to sway our decision.

Sheila

Don't get me wrong we are also appreciative of the Elite+ Benefits, and I didn't start the thread about them being lacking, but since someone asked me my opinion I gave it.

Not sure why the other poster is speechless. :confused:

Edited by CruisingChick

So many unhappy people out there with their glass 1/2 empty. :rolleyes:

Yup. They want someone else to pay to finish filling it up.:(

Like the little kid throwing a tantrum cause Mommies wont buy them another trinket every time the go to a store.

Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie.

If I was creating another level between elite + and zenith, I'd include the following perks.

Allow free upgrade from C2 to C1 ... this used to be allowed, it's not new

Free upgrade from classic to premium drink package (not a free drink package) Lost revenue $10 a day for those that might have upgraded on their own...net..minimal

free unlimited internet . no additional cost to celebrity and little lost revenue...how many elite + upgrade...they already get lots of minutes.

free bottle water each day ... cost almost nothing

The cost would not be reasonable and it would create enough value (at least in my eyes) to work to get to that new level from elite plus.

Edited by ghstudio

If I was creating another level between elite + and zenith, I'd include the following perks.

Allow free upgrade from C2 to C1 ... this used to be allowed, it's not new

Free upgrade from classic to premium drink package (not a free drink package) Lost revenue $10 a day for those that might have upgraded on their own...net..minimal

free unlimited internet . no additional cost to celebrity and little lost revenue...how many elite + upgrade...they already get lots of minutes.

free bottle water each day ... cost almost nothing

The cost would not be reasonable and it would create enough value (at least in my eyes) to work to get to that new level from elite plus.

Makes sense to me. Just as doing more flights with an airline gives you more points with their loyalty club = more free flights / upgrades.

Both cruise line and airline loyalty clubs are there for the same reason.... to keep custom, and encourage more bookings with the company in question.

I see no reason for people to get 'upset' with suggestions on here about loyalty club improvements. After all Lumiere restaurant was only created to give people an incentive to book suites (along with justifying far higher fares for suites compared to a few years ago) We are simply suggesting possible improvements to what is already a great loyalty club, up to and including 'elite' status. Being honest though once we reach elite the incentive to move up a level in the Captains Club is not really there, and Zenith is not a sensible expectation for many of us.

I agree this is true, but then free alcoholic drinks in the evenings are equally worthless to non drinkers. I guess if it is ever decided to go over to vouchers only for the evening drinks (or so many 'free' drinks credits on your account per day) it could be for example 3 for elite and 5 for elite plus, or similar. Just an idea of a further incentive for spending $1000's on cruises .......

Edited by iandjm

I agree this is true, but then free alcoholic drinks in the evenings are equally worthless to non drinkers. I guess if it is ever decided to go over to vouchers only for the evening drinks (or so many 'free' drinks credits on your account per day) it could be for example 3 for elite and 5 for elite plus, or similar. Just an idea of a further incentive for spending $1000's on cruises .......

Minor point ... the free drink vouchers can be used for non-alcoholic drinks, soda, water, virgin cocktails ...