Price for unlimited internet, is website wrong?

uptowne001

I just looked on celebrity's website and it says that the cost of unlimited internet for my 7 day cruise is $199.00. I added it to my cart, and when I did that it said the price was $140.00. I bought it, and was indeed charged $140.00 for unlimited internet, and I have an email confirmation confirming. Is this just a mistake? I hope they honor and don't end trying to charge me the 199.00.

I just looked on celebrity's website and it says that the cost of unlimited internet for my 7 day cruise is $199.00. I added it to my cart, and when I did that it said the price was $140.00. I bought it, and was indeed charged $140.00 for unlimited internet, and I have an email confirmation confirming. Is this just a mistake? I hope they honor and don't end trying to charge me the 199.00.

You most likely got the Elite discount? I got the $199 unlimited internet for $129 - that was with the 35% Elite + discount.

It is $199 for a 7-day cruise unless that ship has been, or will be upgraded to Xcelerate. Using Xcelerate a 7-day unlimited Internet is $140.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Print out you paid receipt and surf the net happy!

Haha!! That is what I plan to do! :) This is our first time sailing on Celebrity so we do not have any type of status that would get us a discount. Rarely do glitches work in your favor! If anyone else is considering purchasing internet for their cruise, try to get it now!

I'm not Elite, and just checked for Internet on our upcoming 11-night cruise on the Equinox. It said "starting at $299" but when I put it in my cart, it came up at $199...is this a good price, or would I do as well buying onboard?

Thanks for any info!

We just disembarked the Equinox last Friday in Barcelona after the TA. First time we got the unlimited internet, it was 14 days for $129 but we are Elite. My husband was THRILLED with the connection he had every day out at sea. We had done several transatlantic before and internet was nearly non-existent. ENJOY

We just disembarked the Equinox last Friday in Barcelona after the TA. First time we got the unlimited internet, it was 14 days for $129 but we are Elite. My husband was THRILLED with the connection he had every day out at sea. We had done several transatlantic before and internet was nearly non-existent. ENJOY

Was this price paying in advance or on the ship? Mine shows £209 ($296) for 10 days but goes down to £125 ($177) when added to the basket. We are elite also.

that certainly makes "unlimited internet" an uninteresting option for good/better.....the cost is far less than gratuities or OBC.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining....just making an observation.

Edited by ghstudio

If purchasing onboard, can it all be done from our device (devices if we decide to do the Buy 1 Get 1 Half) - in stateroom, or do we need to go to the Internet Cafe with each device and have it set up?

Good question because the process may have changed with the implementation of the new internet. Previous (1/16 for me) we had to go to the cafe to get the Elite plus discount on the unlimited internet option. I believe they gave us a code. If we just wanted to 240 minutes we could do it on line. Since many more people are now adapt to upgrade to the cheaper and better internet I would hope they improve the process.

We are elite and we always found the 90 free minutes plenty for us. Is that still an option? We don't need unlimited.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, it is.

Last year on the Eclipse (January) we were already able to log in and create an account using our own device inside the cabin. No need to go to the Internet Café.

Instructions can be found in the cabin.

I checked my cruise planner. Says 269.10 Euro for my cruise (12 nights). When I put it into my cart it´s 179.10 Euro. Converted in USD it´s 160 USD. I´m Elite so it´s app. 20% off.

steamboats

Good question because the process may have changed with the implementation of the new internet. Previous (1/16 for me) we had to go to the cafe to get the Elite plus discount on the unlimited internet option. I believe they gave us a code. If we just wanted to 240 minutes we could do it on line. Since many more people are now adapt to upgrade to the cheaper and better internet I would hope they improve the process.

Last year on the Eclipse (January) we were already able to log in and create an account using our own device inside the cabin. No need to go to the Internet Café.

I checked my cruise planner. Says 269.10 Euro for my cruise (12 nights). When I put it into my cart it´s 179.10 Euro. Converted in USD it´s 160 USD. I´m Elite so it´s app. 20% off.

steamboats

Yes, that's the same experience we have had in the past, but never tried the Unlimited package with an Elite discount. In fact, we have never had the unlimited package at all. Which leads me to another question:

For those with Unlimited packages, do you stay logged in all the time, or log out after each use on your device?

Also, my new iPad is through Verizon. I have cellular minutes if I want to use outside of my home or other WiFi access. How do I keep from using up those minutes and still be connected at sea? Would hate to rack up a bill on Verizon. :eek:

Edited by Iamthesea

steamboats

They may have changed it, but when I was on my Constellation TA last month, when I signed up inside my cabin from my computer the unlimited discount for Elite membership was not listed, all it gave me an option for was the free 90 minutes. I'm told if I had gone to the internet cafe, I would have had the option to instead buy a discounted unlimited package.

Hopefully if this isn't fixed yet, it will be soon. I was disappointed when I found out I could have had a discount on the unlimited package instead!

Yes, that's the same experience we have had in the past, but never tried the Unlimited package with an Elite discount. In fact, we have never had the unlimited package at all. Which leads me to another question:

For those with Unlimited packages, do you stay logged in all the time, or log out after each use on your device?

Also, my new iPad is through Verizon. I have cellular minutes if I want to use outside of my home or other WiFi access. How do I keep from using up those minutes and still be connected at sea? Would hate to rack up a bill on Verizon. :eek:

We usually log off after each use, but it is not necessary. If you try to log in with another device while still logged in on your first device the system allows you to log out first. It is very easy.

In settings switch off mobile data. Will only use wifi.

Sure! Your OBC is built into the billing, so it will just be deducted. ;)

We usually log off after each use, but it is not necessary. If you try to log in with another device while still logged in on your first device the system allows you to log out first. It is very easy.

Yes, probably best to sign out, but good to know that I don't have to be obsessed with making sure I am signed out. :)

In settings switch off mobile data. Will only use wifi.

TY. :) Data was the word I was looking for when asking the question.

Wow . . . . just checked and for my next cruise (14 day) it will cost $299 for unlimited internet! That seems alot higher than has been mentioned in this thread - even with no loyalty discount. Maybe I'll just use Wifi at each port since the cruise is port intensive.