Best hotel to stay at night before cruise in Ft Lauerdale?

There are a number of nice ones in the area. However, avoid the Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn at all costs. You can read my review of them on TripAdviser under the heading "Craptastic Experience". Needless to say, I was NOT impressed

A nice one very near the port is the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center. It gets some very nice reviews here on Cruise Critic.

Don't know what time you arrive in Ft Lauderdale the day prior. There are a number of Everglades tours to choose from depending on whether you will have a car at your disposal or not. Google is probably going to be your best friend for this... you can search for tours that meet your schedule and transportation needs.

~Brian

I'm looking for a place to stay the night before the cruise from Ft Lauderdale? Also like to go to the Everglades the day before the cruise? Does anyone have a suggestion.

Marriott Renaissance is very nice.

Also check the Florida Departures forum for more ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

There are a number of nice ones in the area. However, avoid the Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn at all costs. You can read my review of them on TripAdviser under the heading "Craptastic Experience". Needless to say, I was NOT impressed

A nice one very near the port is the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center. It gets some very nice reviews here on Cruise Critic.

Don't know what time you arrive in Ft Lauderdale the day prior. There are a number of Everglades tours to choose from depending on whether you will have a car at your disposal or not. Google is probably going to be your best friend for this... you can search for tours that meet your schedule and transportation needs.

~Brian

I couldn't find your review, but I am curious as why you thought it was so bad? The reviews seem pretty good for what it is.

I have this hotel booked on May 28 to find out for myself!

I really liked the Riverside, right on Las Olas so lots of restaurants and shops.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Just made my reservation at the Riverside. We stayed at the Gallery One last year.. but it was a little far from port and airport. It is beautiful and on the water taxi route. We went to Las Olas area for dinner and fell in love with it... so we will stay at Riverside in January.

~Brian

Can you share the parent company for this? Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn

I'm at the Marriott Residence Inn, just want to make sure its not the same place.

I'd recommend the Lago Mar. A resort feel with private beach. Added bonus if ships are sailing out the afternoon you're staying there, a 1/4 mile walk down the beach and you're literally on the jetty for sail away. The ships will be yards away from you. Downside, if you don't have a car not really walking distance to food or shopping. Plenty onsite though.

Can you share the parent company for this? Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn

I'm at the Marriott Residence Inn, just want to make sure its not the same place.

Their web site makes no mention of an affiliation with any major chain.

You should not have a problem with a Marriott property.

Brian

Until last summer or so it was a Comfort Inn; I've seen comments that it will become a Sheraton 4 Points this summer.