Harmony of the Seas Puzzle Room: Escape the Rubicon

We did it on Tuesday and escaped with 1 minute odd to spare! There were four of us and 14 in total and everyone worked well together.

Really enjoyed it and would recommend, the hour flew by!

We didn't know you needed to book so ended up on the only slot available at 7pm.

Hi!

Congratulations on solving the puzzle! Did they give you a medal, like they do for winning at Quest? Or did you get one of those special "Luggage Tags" or Royal Highlighters" as a prize?

Just wondering what the reward/award is, other than "victory" itself!?!?

Thanks! - Miriam

I did it on Anthem, when it seemed to be scheduled for one time only. Maybe if they realize it's very popular, they'll do it more often.

I signed up with my roll call and a cruiser who was on the preceding cruise signed us all up. I believe 12 (the max number) were signed up, but only 5 of us showed up. The group leader really wanted 6 pax, but decided to go ahead with just the five.

We fortunately had a couple of geeks with us, which helped us solve everything in about 45 minutes. I thought we had the perfect number, since each of us had a "job" to do. Can't imagine being in there with 12-14 people! Maybe Harmony's room is bigger.

But, it was definitely fun, and I'm glad I did it. I tried to get DH to participate, but he had other things he wanted to do. Busy, busy ship!

• 2 months later...

What are the reservation procedures?

I read that you can pre-book (online) the day, but not the time? Is this so?

Is there a reservation desk(?) set up for the Puzzle Break room or elsewhere that you can go to (assuming that you don't use the Royal iQ to do so)?

Thanks.

What are the reservation procedures?

I read that you can pre-book (online) the day, but not the time? Is this so?

Is there a reservation desk(?) set up for the Puzzle Break room or elsewhere that you can go to (assuming that you don't use the Royal iQ to do so)?

Thanks.

We booked online and time but oddly does not show up with set time on cruise planner.

It is for over 14s only

I think you would struggle if command of English not great and the staff did mention this prior to start.

It is well worth doing & we got ou:)...although i was rubbish:(

Did it last week and also "escaped" 2 1/2 minutes "early".

We were able to book online, day and time. But onboard we received a message that a crew drill was scheduled for our time slot. So we had to reschedule it.

It´s been a lot of fun. We´ve been 12 people from all over the world.

steamboats

We were able to book online, day and time. But onboard we received a message that a crew drill was scheduled for our time slot. So we had to reschedule it.

steamboats

We booked online and time but oddly does not show up with set time on cruise planner.

It is for over 14s only

I think you would struggle if command of English not great and the staff did mention this prior to start.

It is well worth doing & we got ou:)...although i was rubbish:(

Thank your for your replies!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Lloyd555

I am on the Harmony and want to know where in the cruise planner I book. I looked under entertainment but got nothing. Please help!

Not sure we booked before we boarded. Have a word with guest services if you are on at the moment.

I am on the Harmony and want to know where in the cruise planner I book. I looked under entertainment but got nothing. Please help!

Wasn´t under entertainment in the Cruise Planner but under "other activities" (where you can also book the All Access Tour, Flow Rider lessons...).

steamboats

Well bummer. It is not under that either.

I assume you are trying to book it via the RoyalIQ app. Not sure whether it was there or not. Edit: Checked my Cruise Compasses and it says that you can book it via the app.

Go to guest services and ask there.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

• 1 month later...

Did it on Harmony in June - absolutely loved sit, I would say it's one of my favourite activities I've ever done on a ship.

To the poster from Germany - I would say that the puzzles themselves don't require good English, they are much more "logic" puzzles, but you do need to communicate and work as a team with your group (the teamwork was the most fun thing about it) so that may be an issue. There is a minimum of six people needed for them to run it (one of the puzzles requires six people). I'm not sure what the maximum is. Our group we had eight (two couples, and a family of four). I think the 14 age minimum is probably fair - the puzzles aren't easy, and I think under 14's generally might be out of their depth. Not all, of course, but I suppose they have to make a rule/draw a line somewhere.

Our team got out with literally seconds to spare! It was great fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

steamboats

By "book online" do you mean using the Royal IQ app or using their website? I can't seem to figure out where I can book this in the Cruise Planner?

By "book online" do you mean using the Royal IQ app or using their website? I can't seem to figure out where I can book this in the Cruise Planner?

We are on Harmony on Dec.3, and I do not see the puzzle room listed in our Cruise Planner. Maybe we have to wait and book it once onboard.

Has anyone failed to complete it? I have seen this posted in several message strings here on CC and everyone seems to be completing it on time. Most shore based rooms such as this have a less than 50% success rate. Someone on board now said the success rate was only 30% but it seems much higher as everyone posting has said they completed on time. Hate to think they dummied it down. :rolleyes:

We are on Harmony on Dec.3, and I do not see the puzzle room listed in our Cruise Planner. Maybe we have to wait and book it once onboard.

It pops up suddenly and disappears. Check often.

:)

Has anyone failed to complete it? I have seen this posted in several message strings here on CC and everyone seems to be completing it on time. Most shore based rooms such as this have a less than 50% success rate. Someone on board now said the success rate was only 30% but it seems much higher as everyone posting has said they completed on time. Hate to think they dummied it down. :rolleyes:

We didn't complete it - got stuck at the very very last bit!! The crew member tried to help us along but the geeks in our team steamrolled over her voice. It was fun, although the communication in our group could have been much better; we had a group of 6 South Asian teenagers who were very smart but had a propensity to communicate only in their own language to the exclusion of the rest of us. The crew member did try to help and we did all have a lot of fun. We were told that only one group that day had escaped - we were on the very last time slot so maybe those who didn't aren't posters :D

I booked it online through the Cruise Planner. It once was listed under "other activities" not under "entertainment". Anyway they´ve cancelled our reservation onboard and asked us to chose another date and time slot.

steamboats