Price Drop

My question: Is there ever a real drop in cruise price????? We book our cruise in April for the sailing date of August 2017 and each time Royal comes out with a sale it really isn't a sale for us. Do you think later in the year might be better or be happy with what I got???

My question: Is there ever a real drop in cruise price????? We book our cruise in April for the sailing date of August 2017 and each time Royal comes out with a sale it really isn't a sale for us. Do you think later in the year might be better or be happy with what I got???

Be happy with the price at which you booked. ALWAYS.

If there IS a price drop, you can consider it icing on the cake.

:)

Prices can drop. Basically, you need to ignore the "hype" of most of the marketing and sales and just calculate total cost. The math will determine if it is a better deal or not. :)

Using a price tracker can help you in that regard too.

Haven't seen a price drop in a few years on Royal but we just got a whopper on Celebrity for a 2018 sailing.

Yes! We got a $2,000.00 price drop on the cruise we are currently enjoying (9 nights in a Jr Suite on the Jewel of the Seas, Rome to Rome). I saw the drop, called my TA and she verified it. It was right around the time Greece was experiencing economic and mass migrant problems, and I wonder if many people who were booked on this cruise cancelled in response.

Later we got a small military discount drop plus OBC. I admit that they don't happen nearly as frequently as in the past, but sometimes you get lucky. It's the old "supply and demand" thing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, we have gotten a few good sale prices. When BOGO first came out a couple years ago I booked 2 cruises. I wished I had booked 10 that day. :rolleyes:

Last summer I booked Harmony when the 30/30 for 30 day sale began. Got a balcony for 2 for less than an inside is going for now.

On our TA in fall of 2014 we had 4 price drops. saved $1500 by the time we cruised on our balcony.

But, i watch the prices almost everyday. [the website used to be easier to check, sigh!]

I don't know about price drops, but awhile back I booked our next cruise which is a 5 night GS on Indy in January 17, and whatever the promotion was it netted us a $300 OBC. So I kind of look at that as a price drop as, in the end, it's $300 less out of my pocket for the vacation.

The last few specials with OBC have been a bit underwhelming in terms of the OBC offered, but I guess maybe keep an eye out for those. Unless you were planning on spending nothing above the cruise fare, it essentially becomes a price drop for your vacation.

Haven't seen a price drop in a few years on Royal but we just got a whopper on Celebrity for a 2018 sailing.

The price will definitely drop, I never been on a Royal cruise that did not drop. They always drop and go up sometimes daily. Its like the stock market. I am going on a cruise in July that dropped 400.00. You must track it daily. In some cases it drops for 2 or 3 hours and then goes back up. Sometimes it drops very little.

The price will definitely drop, I never been on a Royal cruise that did not drop. They always drop and go up sometimes daily. Its like the stock market. I am going on a cruise in July that dropped 400.00. You must track it daily. In some cases it drops for 2 or 3 hours and then goes back up. Sometimes it drops very little.

We use a price tracker and yes, prices do drop but that doesn't mean they all drop below your original booking price. We try to book early and often and haven't seen one in a few years.

I've been able to take advantage of several very real price drops (in excess of $200).

DH says it's all smoke and mirrors with these sales. We booked a 30/30 promotion and the cruise fare was 1059 before discount. That cruise with the BOGO60 has a cruise fare of 1234 before discount right now. They keep raising the fare they're discounting so anyone booking won't know they actually raised prices each time. We do occasionally get a better deal but these sales are not sales for sure.

YES! I called RC yesterday to make final payment on two upcoming cruises.Requested a price check on the two sailings prior to paying in full. First cruise, the price went up $5. Second cruise had a $146 price drop. I had to forfeit a $100 obc to get the price drop, which was an easy decision for me.

Another time and again it was the day I was making final payment, my travel agent informed me there was a $300 drop on that day.

My port and taxes fell on our cruise and I called to have them lowered. I have done this before with no problems.They always just adjusted the taxes and port charges without touching the cruise price. This time I was told that they would have to reprice the whole cruise and as you can guess the price of the cruise is now higher. I guess you just have to be happy with what you paid first.

Our first cruise was on Voyager out of Barcelona in 2010, back in the days of honored priced drops right up to the end. We ended up bumping up from a D1 to a JS AND $850 OBC due to price drops. We thought this was normal if you just watched the price. :)

Little did we know. :p We have never come close to that again.

There is a Price drop on my Christmas Freedom Cruise.

But if I take it then they're going to take away my OBC.

Stinks.

I also booked the majesty on Monday and on Wednesday it dropped $50.

It was it within the 48 hours but they said no to my TA because it was after final payment.

I read the details that I didn't see anything about not honoring it after final payment.

Maybe I missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stinks.

It was it within the 48 hours but they said no to my TA because it was after final payment.

I read the details that I didn't see anything about not honoring it after final payment.

Maybe I missed it.

The 48-hour price drop deal is independent of your TA. You have to request it yourself using Royal's website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=best_price_guarantee&cid=RCConsumerWebLP-091609BestPriceGuarantee

Don't delay because you must make the request within 48 hours of booking.

Edited by clarea

Stinks.

Maybe I missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is utterly NOT true.

If before final payment, the difference can be refunded to your credit card. After final payment, you can only get it as an OBC.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqId=4201&faqType=faq