Best ship for teens who want water slides?

We are considering taking our 13 and 17 year old on their first cruise. Both of them LOVE water slides. Suggestions? Thank you.

I had the misfortune to sail on Norwegian's Epic Mistake several years ago. The ship pretty much sucked, but the waterslide was awesome, and I'm in my mid-60s.

Edited by SargassoPirate

So far out of all the cruises I have been on, the ship with the best slides was NCL Getaway. In general I am not a big NCL fan but the Getaway was a great ship and we had a great cruise.

Maybe Harmony of the Seas will be the new best slides ship. I plan to try Harmony next year.

Booking a cruise based on a 25 second "slide" is insane! So far, Carnival has the best "slides" at sea.

Depending on what You really like, many of us may think it is INSANE to book a cruise based on that

NCL has some amazing ships with awesome slides. The drop slides on Getaway, Breakaway and Escape are Fabulous. The ships are pretty good also.

Now, I just went on the Allure of the Seas and have to say it was amazing. Traveled with my 13 y/o and some other friends with kids the same age. There are no slides on the Allure, but the teens LOVED all the other activities like the skating rink, Flow Rider, zip line, rock wall, and just hanging in the Teen Club

Whatever ship or cruise line you select, you will have a great time.

only the oasis class, quantum class, and the liberty of the seas has water slides.

Don't think Quantum has waterslides...thought it was just Harmony and Liberty at this point, with more to be added in the future.

Don't think Quantum has waterslides...thought it was just Harmony and Liberty at this point, with more to be added in the future.

Correct, no slides on Quantum class. Only Harmony and Liberty other than acouple of ships that have kiddy slides.

We are considering taking our 13 and 17 year old on their first cruise. Both of them LOVE water slides. Suggestions? Thank you.

As mentioned, Harmony and Liberty are the only 2 RCI ships with slides and from what I can tell, they're pretty darn good slides.

I was just on Norwegian Escape and their slides were a lot of fun, especially the Aqua Loop racers with the floor that drops out. I remember saying the Aqua Loop slide was the single most fun thing I've ever done on a cruise.

Someone else said Carnival has the best "slides" (not sure what the quotation marks mean) at sea. From what I can see of their slides compared to RCI, NCL and Disney, I don't know how that statement can be true.

Thanks. We are teetering between RC and NCL. From all accounts Carnival seems like it could be a bit more party scene than we want.

Don't fall into the trap of believing everything you read. Carnival doesn't have any more "party scene" (in the connotation I think you mean) than other lines.

Don't discount it entirely. You might be missing out on a great experience. :)

If you are cruising for slides, I would choose the Getaway, Breakaway, Epic, or Escape. They have the best slides at sea easily, With the Epic having some pretty spectacular slides, and the Breakaway class having some thrilling slides as well. One side note, what you get with the slides, you give up on with the pools, but to me, I prefer slides any day. If I were you, pick one of the "away" class ships. Their specialty dining on the waterfront is pretty spectacular, and if you are cruising for the ocean, this will be a special ship, as it was our favorite out of 10 cruises.

If you are cruising for slides, I would choose the Getaway, Breakaway, Epic, or Escape. They have the best slides at sea easily, With the Epic having some pretty spectacular slides, and the Breakaway class having some thrilling slides as well. One side note, what you get with the slides, you give up on with the pools, but to me, I prefer slides any day. If I were you, pick one of the "away" class ships. Their specialty dining on the waterfront is pretty spectacular, and if you are cruising for the ocean, this will be a special ship, as it was our favorite out of 10 cruises.

Thank you so much! We will check it out!

Thank you so much! We will check it out!

I would not choose Epic.

NCL is not my top choice anyway, but I won't return to the Epic. I've heard that Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape are better.

(I'd still rather sail on Royal, but since slides are a major concern, looking at NCL is a good idea.)

Booking a cruise based on a 25 second "slide" is insane! So far, Carnival has the best "slides" at sea.

Norwegian definitely has the better slides, but Carnivals are second, at least from the ships I've been on.

I would not choose Epic.

NCL is not my top choice anyway, but I won't return to the Epic. I've heard that Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape are better.

(I'd still rather sail on Royal, but since slides are a major concern, looking at NCL is a good idea.)

I didn't really mind the Epic, except for that crazy (and stupid) bathroom arrangement in the cabins.

But the Breakaway was definitely better.

With Royal Caribbean you only have two choices, the Harmony which is in Europe and the Liberty which is in Galveston (well, at least it is there on Sundays).

Some other Royal Caribbean ships have water slides, but your teens will not be willing to use them.

Here are some pictures of the water slides on the Liberty (all three slides are working now) ...

DSC_7645_zpsnsrqpoqb.jpg

DSC_7646_zpso02v8ku4.jpg

DSC_7647_zpspxz9rpjn.jpg

DSC_7648_zpsfaboecsg.jpg

DSC_7650_zps4p60rzla.jpg

DSC_7651_zpsoe6ziko7.jpg

Plus it has a Flowrider (a surfing simulator). Here are some videos (click on the link below and then you can click on the lower right corner of the video if you want to go full screen) ...

http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/RC%20Liberty%20OTS/Videos/Flowrider_zpsrafyw8q5.mp4

http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/RC%20Freedom%202015/Videos/MVI_1802_zpsjnnnvy8k.mp4

http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/RC%20Freedom%202015/Videos/MVI_1802_zpsjnnnvy8k.mp4

http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/RC%20Freedom%202015/Videos/MVI_1804_zpsgeemlyjj.mp4

http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/RC%20Freedom%202015/Videos/MVI_1805_zpsiiwc7qha.mp4

http://vid18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/RC%20Freedom%202015/Videos/MVI_1806_zpsw0djkpa7.mp4