Upgrade Fairy Alive and Well

We are on Navigator of the seas first leg of a B2B. Just got an email this morning offering an complimentary upgrade from D1 to JS for our next leg to the Baltics. So excited [emoji4][emoji106][emoji4]

We are on Navigator of the seas first leg of a B2B. Just got an email this morning offering an complimentary upgrade from D1 to JS for our next leg to the Baltics. So excited [emoji4][emoji106][emoji4]

I'm of Scottish descent, so maybe she is currently paying favorites with the Scotts. Congrats. My visit was just over a year ago. A JS on Navigator will be a real treat.

Excellent, glad to hear someone is getting an upgrade!:)

Excellent, glad to hear someone is getting an upgrade!:)

I can never figure out how they offer upgrades (no charge)! Delighted to get one in April on the Serenade. Had second seating, large table, and two other couples had also been upgraded. Two of us were D+ and one diamond.

Very nice and much appreciated and I was sailing solo!

I can never figure out how they offer upgrades (no charge)! Delighted to get one in April on the Serenade. Had second seating, large table, and two other couples had also been upgraded. Two of us were D+ and one diamond.

Very nice and much appreciated and I was sailing solo!

I have been told one definitive method as I asked when I got my upgrade on Legend last year...

- RCL starts from top tier member points and works their way down

- if top tier member already has a GS/OS/RS there's obviously not much chance to upgrade so the ask they next top tier member in line

- if top tier member has a balcony, and there is a JS or higher they can upgrade, they will call that top tier member and ask them whether they accept the upgrade.

- then they look at the next top tier member in points, and so on and so on

If you are on a sailing that is sold out or super popular, basically don't hold our breath imho. Also if our on a ship/sailing that is popular with many top tier members then don't hold your breath either. Also, if the amount of cabins ahead higher than what you have are all sold out there's probably zero chance for an upgrade.

On Legend, friends of mine who were ahead of me on points were called before me and declined the upgrade as they were midship balcony and sensitive to motion. I took an upgrade (from an interior!!! didn't matter what cabin I booked, it went on C&A points alone and which C&A member was next in line) and got an aft balcony!!!! then I know Coloradobabe on the forum got called and she upgraded to a balcony as well

Edited by Hoopster95

We received an upgrade from Level 2 oceanview to level 6 balcony 1 1/2 years ago. It was a repo cruise, final cruise from that port, and there were TONS of high level C&A on the cruise. It was our first cruise with RCCL. Not sure why we got upgraded at all but we were grateful!

Congratulations. We are on Nav soon :) can't wait. If you have internet access what package did you get and is it any use?

Have a great cruise.

We did a 1 day of VOOM Surf to try it. Not worth the money!! Very slow and kept dumping us off. Now we are using our cell phone data from EE.

We were on Jewel two weeks ago and had booked an oceanview cabin on deck 4. Cabin number 4588 if I remember correctly. It may have been a new cabin after drydock.

When we did the online checkin everything was fine apart from the fact that the luggage labels were for cabin 4518. I contacted RCL and was told that it would be rectified, and that I would have an email to confirm within thirty minutes.

The email duly arrived and to our surprise we had been upgraded to a superior balcony cabin on deck 9. Don't know how or why, but we didn't complain.

If you are booked with a balcony, but then upgraded to a junior suite, do you then get double crown and anchor points?

No double points. You get points based on the type of cabin you paid for.

We were told today you get double points.

The rule of thumb has been lately that unless you pay the normal fare for the JS (whatever sale is going on) you don't get double points with even an 'upsell' to a JS.

But of course if when you see your account after your sailing, kessie62, they give you double points, you will not I am sure give them back.

What I would have done, when I was on the phone with them and they said that you would get double points, have asked them to send me an email with what they just said.

Time will tell, in either case, enjoy the JS.

I was just reading this thread about getting upgrade/upsell calls then lo and behold, the phone rings. I accepted an upsell from a Deck 3 ocean view to a Deck 7 balcony on the hump. Never had a call like this in 18 years of sailing. Thank you, fairy!

PS-It cost only about 1/3 of regular upgrade.

If I don't want an upgrade should I note no upgrades?

Yes, and I would also contact whoever booked your cruise and ask them to add a "No Upgrade" note to the booking.

I have coveted corner aft cabin #9256 for both legs of my Alaska cruise Radiance.

Naturally I set my profile to "do not upgrade" as I do not want to lose that cabin,

OR have to move.

Will change it back to "automatic upgrade" after we commence the second leg of the cruise.

And just as a back up....I have printed out a copy of my "do not upgrade" profile

page off the website. ;)