Losing one promo to pick up Sip and Sail..

tammymacb

Sorry. I'm just unsure of Princess's room categories (they seem a bit complicated to me).

When I booked the BI in a balcony for 2017, there was a promo for a free upgrade. So, I booked the cheapest balcony (I don't know how much a balcony would be used on this cruise as it seems like it'll be chilly) and was given a free upgrade to a aft-mid deck 10 balcony with an extended balcony.

Now, I'm seeing the Sip and Sail coming out. I'm going to grab that (so far leading prices are exactly the same as when I booked). I'm assuming that free upgrade with go away (along with a $60 OBC ). So, my question is, if I add the Sip and Sail, will I have to pay more $ for the same room I currently am booked in?

Quite possibly. Princess seems to adjust the room prices when they announce new specials. You will have to look at the "new" cost of the room compared to the cost of the package you have + 2 beverage packages to determine the best package for you.

Add your current price + the $60 OBC + $116 per day (cost of 2 AIBP) to determine the price of "deal A" with the AIBP. Then look at the cost of the new "sip and sail" package for the same category you are currently in. See which is best for you.

Of course this assumes that you planned to buy 2 all inclusive beverage packages while on board. If you weren't going to buy this package anyhow, the "deal" quickly loses value!

If you are going on the 12 day British Isles, there is only 2 sea days. You have to figure out how much you are going to drink each day. Most passengers were too tired with so many port days that many went to bed early.

Normally, if you take a new promotion you loose what you had to take the new promotion.

I have done the 12 day with an oceanview cabin on the Caribbean Princess and the 8 day on the Ocean Princess with paid upgrade from an oceanview to a balcony British Isles cruises, both in August. We would usually used the balcony when we entered and exited ports, and to see what the weather was each day or if we returned from our tour. On an sea day, we watched a movie outside, with a blanket, jacket, long sleeve shirt.

It never hurts to call Princess or your agent and ask.

You can not "add" a new promo to your present booking. Basically the T.A. cancels the current booking and re-books under the current promo.

To determine any advantage or disadvantage you have to net out the total cost for each booking, including fares, insurance, credits, perks such as drink packages, etc.. Under the new promo you would be able to retain your current cabin, but it will be at whatever the current promo fare is. You can also change cabins if you wish.

Im anxiously awaiting to see what Princess does with the pricing - we got such a good deal with the initial bookings that i fear changing to the Sip/Sail wouldnt be worth it - fingers crossed everyone!!

... So, I booked the cheapest balcony.....was given a free upgrade to a aft-mid deck 10 balcony with an extended balcony.

So, my question is, if I add the Sip and Sail, will I have to pay more $ for the same room I currently am booked in?

In all likelihood the answer is yes. Your booking is technically for a BF with a free upgrade into a B1. If you rebook under the S&S, not only will the B1 be a higher cost than a BF, but you will likely find the BF is also now a higher cost under this promotion.

In all likelihood the answer is yes. Your booking is technically for a BF with a free upgrade into a B1. If you rebook under the S&S, not only will the B1 be a higher cost than a BF, but you will likely find the BF is also now a higher cost under this promotion.

I agree..

Based on Princess "Sale" history a higher cost under S&S is almost a guarantee

Srpilo

Beware! Travel agents do NOT always read and understand Princess' fine print. Ours was advised by the Signature Net to rebook us to save us $200. BAD IDEA. We had originally booked under the sale which offered free pre-paid gratuities. The $100 each deposit was non-refundable. So she rebooked us to "save" us $200. Guess what! We lost the deposit, we lost the free gratuities, a total loss of $400 to gain $200! Now she's trying to get us at least even. We'll visit today and see how we stand. Final note. We visited a different agency to see what they offered on a different subject. They ALSO did not understand the Princess "fine print". BEWARE!

Beware! Travel agents do NOT always read and understand Princess' fine print. Ours was advised by the Signature Net to rebook us to save us $200. BAD IDEA. We had originally booked under the sale which offered free pre-paid gratuities. The $100 each deposit was non-refundable. So she rebooked us to "save" us $200. Guess what! We lost the deposit, we lost the free gratuities, a total loss of $400 to gain $200! Now she's trying to get us at least even. We'll visit today and see how we stand. Final note. We visited a different agency to see what they offered on a different subject. They ALSO did not understand the Princess "fine print". BEWARE!

When Ive dealt directly with PRINCESS, they have always been up front and very clear with the pros-cons of changing a reservation BEFORE anything is done - I will go directly with PRiNCESS before trusting any TA to know all the ins-and-outs.

In order to get the S&S package you have to book your summer 2017 - spring 2018 cruise during the promo period (June 21 - Aug). So if you're already booked for a cruise during that period you need to cancel and re-book during the promo period to take advantage of the promo, correct?

We'd lose the free grats and rebate from the TA ($410 value), and since we would never buy the AIBP we'd come out behind. I'd also be concerned for closer cruises because cabins are more scarce unless you don;t care where your cabin is...

FYI.. While a lot of Princess deposits are considered non-refundable, most though even if marked non-refundable ARE transferable to another or new booking

Srpilo

Do we know yet what cruises will be offering the Sip & Sail? We are booked for June 2017 (Scandinavia/Russia), but didn't know if all cruises are included.

Your TA should have the list of sailings and lead rates several days before they are available to book .

Sorry. I'm just unsure of Princess's room categories (they seem a bit complicated to me).

When I booked the BI in a balcony for 2017, there was a promo for a free upgrade. So, I booked the cheapest balcony (I don't know how much a balcony would be used on this cruise as it seems like it'll be chilly) and was given a free upgrade to a aft-mid deck 10 balcony with an extended balcony.

Now, I'm seeing the Sip and Sail coming out. I'm going to grab that (so far leading prices are exactly the same as when I booked). I'm assuming that free upgrade with go away (along with a $60 OBC ). So, my question is, if I add the Sip and Sail, will I have to pay more $ for the same room I currently am booked in?

I also would assume the free upgrade would go away, but if you are using a good Travel Agent, her/she just might be able to get Princess to keep it for you.

As far as understanding room categories, for the same type cabin (standard balcony for example), the categories are based on what Princess thinks are better locations for the cabins. In general, higher cost categories will be closer to the center of the ship and higher up.

For the same type cabin, the interior size will be the same in all the categories. In some cases the balcony size can vary.