Are multi-port usb chargers banned

8 minutes ago, dcyonce said:

I sure hope not !

We just boarded the Celebrity Eclipse. They had no problem with our two power strips. And … the butler brought us an extension cord. 

— Don

I am going on a Disney cruise next weekend and we were told they are not allowed. Yes, If the Butler brings you an extension cord then it’s OK and you will be allowed to use it.

21 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Wouldn't it be nice if RCCL posted a list of "approved" chargers that can be purchased at Amazon / Walmart / Target. Sure would simplify things!!!!

Who has time to research and find the hundreds of them?  Stock changes constantly.  It's very simple.  No extension cords or multi plugs.  Single plug and multi usb are allowed. 

Edited by BND
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, hammo said:

My wife needs a small fan by her bed and  in the past we have brought an small extension cord as the fan lead does not reach a power pont . If we cant bring this now will the cabin steward provide one ?

We bring a small all plastic USB fan. I got it a long time ago on Amazon. It’s tiny but has 3 speeds and works great!

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

RCCL should be this detailed and save us all a lot of over thinking.  Their vagueness is why this thread is 7 pages long so far.

It is not vague. You are complicating it. As BND wrote “No extension cords or multi plugs.  Single plug and multi usb are allowed.” It is very simple. I think that some might think it is confusing or complicated because what they have been using which they thought was allowed is now specifically prohibited.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

RCCL should be this detailed and save us all a lot of over thinking.  Their vagueness is why this thread is 7 pages long so far.

There is nothing vague about it. RCI’s verbiage is crystal clear. The reason for so many comments is this is a significant change. A lot of cruisers, including myself, have brought on multi plug adapters for years on RCI ships. Per RCI’s clear guidance, these adapters are no longer allowed. 

On 9/21/2024 at 10:14 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

They already did, they added an outlet and USB Plugs by the beds on Serenade for the world cruise.

Yes, I was onboard for 7 weeks before World Cruise, they had 25-30 Contractors on my Cruises staying even longer. Watched them replacing the Fridge/Coolers, running all new lines, Electrical and Internet, on all Passenger Decks. Not something they can do in a usual 10-14day Dry Dock. I was on 3 Radiance Class post Dry Docks, 2 were little longer then usual and they still did most Maintenance while Ship was back in service with Passengers onboard. Painting all the Ship White(on Port stops), remove/sand/stain/replace all railings, one week they are gone, next week they are back and they move to next 20 Cabins. Seen them replace Mattresses multiple times one Deck at a time on turn around day at home Port, next week they do another Floor. Same with Balcony Furniture, one deck at a time. This all these done after multiple Ships Dry Docks

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, little britain said:

My EU adapter plug which has 2 usb and 2 uk plug adapters has been plugged in on my desk on Voyager for the past week.

Your cabin attendant is not likely to be the one who is going to enforce the rules. Where it would be confiscated would be at security if the catch it. Also since the change is only a few days old I expect enforcement to take some time to be consistent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

Where did you find these words please? I read the RCCL document and did not see this phrase.

Multi USB ports are not multi plugs or outlets. USB chargers have ports not AC outlets or AC plugs. A lot of folks want to complicate this because they don't understand the difference beteen a USB ports on a charger and AC outlets. USB chargers take AC from the mains and convert it form AC to the DC that devices like for example smartphones, tablets. 

• Like 1