Name tags

Putterdude

They are printed in color so yes, they are the same color as the cruise card.

I am single and am not sure why that is a problem.

On one cruise I went with my cousin back to her room to grab her camera. I let her try the door a few times before pointing out the name tag. I then suggested we try the same room on a different floor. :p

I guess I can't relate to those problems, especially on a cruise ship but if no door tag makes people feel better then like most everyone says- take it out.

I get irritated (not so much with this problem) but with a small minority of the public making everyone else conform to their demands when the solution is so simple.

I agree. If people don't like it they can take it out. I just happen to understand why some people might prefer to do that. Unfortunately I'm sure the day will come that something will happen that will force the cruise line's hand, be it financial or legal.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

To be honest, I've never took noticed the different colours. Are we referring to the colour of the logo on the left? I assumed they were all black like the printing, but I'll check that out on our next cruise.

Are the colours the same as the cruise cards?

Funnily enough, the colours probably only matter to those in the "higher" categories. I don't think most people realise what the different coloured cards and name tags mean, nor in fact notice them. I remember only finding out on this website what elite was after seeing it on people's signatures promoting their status. If I never stumbled across CC I think I would still be blissfully unaware of the status levels on any cruise line.

My sister is cruising this week and I told her to phone up and get her Captain's Circle number and check her status. After this cruise she will be Platinum and she'd never heard of Captain's Circle or status levels. I bet the majority of those on each cruise are the same.

I actually kind of like them, I feel like I have arrived and they prevent me from trying to get into someone else's cabin.

Me too...at home I was at "my" apartment door when I realized the doormat didn't have its regular message. Hey! I only missed by one floor.

Lost Steve

Actually since we haven't heard from all of the 10's of thousands of people who cruise each year no one here knows what the majority wants or if they even care one way or the other. Lol

What will make the cruise lines make a definitive decision is if it becomes an issue of money OR if someone litigates a link between having personal info made public on the doors and a civil or criminal issue that occurs against a passenger/customer OR if the insurance companies and/or lawyers say don't do it for CYA purposes.

Actually, according to their website, there are approximately 1.7 Million passengers on Princess annually. This means that the 20 or so opinions on this thread represent 0.001 percent of Princess' annual passengers.

Paul

I want the tags to remain & for those who don't like them they can easily remove it.

While it's not a scientific survey, I rarely see any of them removed which indicates to me that very few passengers want them removed. Thus I think the overwhelming majority of passengers prefer the name tags & shouldn't be eliminated possibly due to a few complaints. The current system is not broke so it doesn't need to be fixed & I feel it's more of a cost savings change & not one that most passengers want to happen.

Another factor is that name tags are beneficial to those with memory problems because the cruise cards properly do not display the cabin number.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I want the tags to remain & for those who don't like them they can easily remove it.

While it's not a scientific survey, I rarely see any of them removed which indicates to me that very few passengers want them removed. Thus I think the overwhelming majority of passengers prefer the name tags & shouldn't be eliminated possibly due to a few complaints. The current system is not broke so it doesn't need to be fixed & I feel it's more of a cost savings change & not one that most passengers want to happen.

Another factor is that name tags are beneficial to those with memory problems because the cruise cards properly do not display the cabin number.

I think most passengers couldn't care less whether there are name tags or not given that the vast majority of cruisers are not part of cruise critic. It's not a matter of being removed due to a few complaints. I am sure that those who remove the tags do not rush down to GS to complain about them. Unless they did a walk around or asked cabin stewards, Princess wouldn't have a clue who prefers not to have a name tag on their door.

It's not a federal case as to whether there are name tags or not IMO. If there is one I usually remove it and it doesn't affect any other passenger.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Actually, according to their website, there are approximately 1.7 Million passengers on Princess annually. This means that the 20 or so opinions on this thread represent 0.001 percent of Princess' annual passengers.

Paul

LOL. Sounds like CC is even less representative in that respect than I thought. :D

Am I missing something on this discussion? It seems to me that if you like/want the name tag, you keep it up. If you would prefer to not have it up for whatever reason, you remove it. If you remove it, don't expect the steward to address you by name.

I agree. If people don't like it they can take it out. I just happen to understand why some people might prefer to do that. Unfortunately I'm sure the day will come that something will happen that will force the cruise line's hand, be it financial or legal.

Similar to the smoking situation a few years ago. ;)

Am I missing something on this discussion? It seems to me that if you like/want the name tag' date=' you keep it up. If you would prefer to not have it up for whatever reason, you remove it. If you remove it, don't expect the steward to address you by name.[/quote']

But that might require a bit of common sense.

Which isn't very common, it seems.

Am I missing something on this discussion? It seems to me that if you like/want the name tag' date=' you keep it up. If you would prefer to not have it up for whatever reason, you remove it. If you remove it, don't expect the steward to address you by name.[/quote']

No. The cruises I've been on most people remove theirs within the first day or two of being on board. As for the other differences, some of us just prefer our privacy and have experienced aspects of life that make us leery of real possibilities of how our information can be misused. Others don't feel the need and that's their right as well.

More people than most realize have had (or currently have) issues where identities and/or private information have been stolen or hacked. In this day and age of electronic crime it just makes sense to be cautious. It is a nightmare mess to untangle when it happens to you.

No. The cruises I've been on most people remove theirs within the first day or two of being on board. As for the other differences, some of us just prefer our privacy and have experienced aspects of life that make us leery of real possibilities of how our information can be misused. Others don't feel the need and that's their right as well.

More people than most realize have had (or currently have) issues where identities and/or private information have been stolen or hacked. In this day and age of electronic crime it just makes sense to be cautious. It is a nightmare mess to untangle when it happens to you.

I've hardly ever seen them removed

I've hardly ever seen them removed

I'm with you, atsp. I do not have as much cruise experience as many on this board, but in my 6-7 Princess cruises in the last 5 years I can't recall seeing one that has been removed. Maybe I have to check my neighbors more carefully,

I am single and am not sure why that is a problem.

On one cruise I went with my cousin back to her room to grab her camera. I let her try the door a few times before pointing out the name tag. I then suggested we try the same room on a different floor. :p

Huh?

We have not noticed most removed. I see empty cabins and some that may or may not have removed them but for the most part the majority of cabins on our cruises have a name tag.

Are you saying that people get their info hacked because they have their name on a Princess cabin door? :eek:

We have not noticed most removed. I see empty cabins and some that may or may not have removed them but for the most part the majority of cabins on our cruises have a name tag.

Are you saying that people get their info hacked because they have their name on a Princess cabin door? :eek:

We also see a name tag on nearly all cabins except on the Crown in April when they tested having no name tags. Sailing with a family group it wasn't as easy to remember each cabin's number. There's a simple solution for those who are fearful about having their name displayed...just remove it. :eek:

Welcome back Keith from your CC hiatus. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

On the topic of doors, but off of the topic of name tags, NCL asks that the organizer of the Meet and Greet tell everyone in the group that door decorations are not allowed and will be removed by the room steward. This is usually not enforced, but I wondered if Princess had a policy on door decorations?

I've gotten in the habit of making a magnet for each cruise and put it on my door. I also usually make them to put our M&G reminders up on everyone else's door if they provide a cabin number.

On the topic of doors, but off of the topic of name tags, NCL asks that the organizer of the Meet and Greet tell everyone in the group that door decorations are not allowed and will be removed by the room steward. This is usually not enforced, but I wondered if Princess had a policy on door decorations?

I've gotten in the habit of making a magnet for each cruise and put it on my door. I also usually make them to put our M&G reminders up on everyone else's door if they provide a cabin number.

I often see door decorations created by passengers on Princess including ones created by someone for our roll call group so you won't have a problem decorating your door. :)

Princess ships also have an area on the cabin number/name tag to place notes there so a magnet isn't necessary.

Edited by Astro Flyer