Bus crash in villa

P&O have put a statement up on face book im not sure but apparently there is one fatality, very worrying for all concerned

What a shame for all those involved and their families/friends. Doesn't sound good at all, our thoughts are with them all.

What an awful way for what is a dream holiday for many to end. I just hope that everyone gets the care and treatment they need and recover fully from their injuries.

My thoughts are with those impacted by the accident.

Perhaps a timely reminder to review our travel insurance.

Hoping all have a speedy recovery.

Yes, I had just purchased some (on Saturday) for a domestic travel trip as we have International cover with the Credit card but no domestic cover.

I've seen the driving in Vila :eek:. How there are not more crashes is a miracle!

Steve.

Yes, me too...am not often a white knuckle passenger - but we had some near misses in Vila :eek:

Thoughts to those involved

Thoughts are with them . Not a nice thing to happen on holiday.

I wonder what sort of "bus" it was?

Those vans they use are not designed to withstand impacts and the ones I have seen were so rusty that they would crumple very easily.

Awful news. From experience at Christmas there are a number of Aussie Paramedics working over there. They would have put their skills to great use for the passengers and the locals. Poor Nu Vans they seems to cop one disaster after another. Prayers for all.

Edited by happysnapper

Thoughts are with them . Not a nice thing to happen on holiday.

I wonder what sort of "bus" it was?

Those vans they use are not designed to withstand impacts and the ones I have seen were so rusty that they would crumple very easily.

and David I am not sure if travel insurance would cover accidents that happen in vehicles that are not licensed tour buses/guides. Good idea to check......

A sad end to a holiday in beautiful Vanuatu.

and David I am not sure if travel insurance would cover accidents that happen in vehicles that are not licensed tour buses/guides. Good idea to check......

A sad end to a holiday in beautiful Vanuatu.

Good point for all to remember in the future.

Does anyone know if it was a Ship organised tour or a private shoreside one from the locals ?

Good point for all to remember in the future.

Does anyone know if it was a Ship organised tour or a private shoreside one from the locals ?

My understanding is it was a ship tour.

That would also explain why they organised the air ambulances back to Australia.