Coastal kitchen with non-suite companions?

Sailing in October on Allure. In a SkyLoft, but have traveling companions in a standard balcony room. Is there any allowance to have them join us at coastal kitchen at all?

I'm assuming the answer is no. But I wasn't sure if they might allow accompanied non-suite guests if space permits. Otherwise, we will likely skip it altogether, as we prefer to dine with our travel companions.

Sailing in October on Allure. In a SkyLoft, but have traveling companions in a standard balcony room. Is there any allowance to have them join us at coastal kitchen at all?

I'm assuming the answer is no. But I wasn't sure if they might allow accompanied non-suite guests if space permits. Otherwise, we will likely skip it altogether, as we prefer to dine with our travel companions.

You are allowed a limited number of guests at dinner only.

Speak to the CK host/hostess early in the cruise for their guest policy.

• Like 1

Wouldn't want to disturb the bourgeoisie with having to eat with standard room rabble. Looks like your friends are going to have to eat on the Windjammer with the rest of the proletariat while you dine in style. Sorry.

I'm not sure if this was said in jest or seriousness. While cruising in a suite is not in my budget currently, I don't begrudge anybody else who pays the extra money to do so. I think it's perfectly appropriate to offer extra amenities and perks to those that pay extra, sometimes quite a bit extra. Everybody receives an excellent product as a baseline, and those that pay more get a better product. I'm ok with that.

Wouldn't want to disturb the bourgeoisie with having to eat with standard room rabble. Looks like your friends are going to have to eat on the Windjammer with the rest of the proletariat while you dine in style. Sorry.

There ARE dining rooms on ships that do allow blue collared cruisers to dine......not just eat. :)

I was on the Oasis in May in a regular cabin and was allowed to join my suite friends in Coastal Kitchen every night. We did make reservations each day for the 4 of us. Perhaps different ships have different rules.

Finally, someone who understands:rolleyes:

My personal feeling is that no, non suite guests should not be allowed to dine in Coastal Kitchen. Here is my reason.

Guest A books a balcony and is not allowed to eat at CK.

Guest B books the exact same class of balcony, and because he happens to have friends on board staying in a suite, he IS allowed to dine at CK.

To me that just does not seem fair to Guest A. Why should he be denied a perk, just because he does not have friends in expensive cabins? If it is a perk for suite guests, then that is who should be allowed to dine there. Just as I am not allowed to bring my Platinum friends into the Diamond lounge with me, so too should CK be for those who have earned/paid for the privilege.

But .... that does not appear to be the rules that RCI currently have implemented, so who am I to say? Their ship and their rules.

P.S. We have only ever stayed in two suites, so I am not trying to be exclusionary.

To me that just does not seem fair to Guest A. Why should he be denied a perk, just because he does not have friends in expensive cabins? If it is a perk for suite guests, then that is who should be allowed to dine there. Just as I am not allowed to bring my Platinum friends into the Diamond lounge with me, so too should CK be for those who have earned/paid for the privilege.

I get that, and thanks to everyone for the feedback. I guess the flip side of this would be to say that it is a perk for suite guests to dine and host companions in Coastal Kitchen. :rolleyes:

My personal feeling is that no, non suite guests should not be allowed to dine in Coastal Kitchen. Here is my reason.

Guest B books the exact same class of balcony, and because he happens to have friends on board staying in a suite, he IS allowed to dine at CK.

But .... that does not appear to be the rules that RCI currently have implemented, so who am I to say? Their ship and their rules.

P.S. We have only ever stayed in two suites, so I am not trying to be exclusionary.

Just trying to explain, not stating an opinion.

The policy of allowing a suite guest to bring in non-suite guests is NOT to make the non-suite guest happy.

It's to make the suite guest happy.

That's the difference.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

As an outsider expressing an opinion only, IF the non-suite guest likes what they see in the CK they may decide to book a suite on their next cruise! That could be how RCI looks at the situation.:)

Exactly! My mother always told me to pick my friends wisely... Guest A did not choose wisely, so guest B AND the suite guests should DEFINETLY be punished by not allowing them to dine together so guest A and B have the exact same experience.... Makes perfect sense....

Companions are companions. I will agree with you if the non-suite guest is allowed to step into the CK alone, but if a friend has the "privilege" and wants to share his experience with his friends from a regular cabin, I see it completely acceptable.

Even the most exclusive clubs in the world allow their members to bring companions, free or for a fee.

If I'm guest A, I will completely understand guest B. I've been on both sides.

As an outsider expressing an opinion only, IF the non-suite guest likes what they see in the CK they may decide to book a suite on their next cruise! That could be how RCI looks at the situation.:)

Kind of how it worked for us. Enjoyed CK last year and ended up booking several JS's so we could do it again.

Agree or disagree, suite guests can have non suite dinner companions in CK. Whether it's every night or space available or a host who makes up his or her own rules (like saying reservations needed to be linked - Not) it's allowed.

Personally I'm for it. If I'm traveling alone in a suite I can't invite someone to eat with me? Please. I know it varies sailing to sailing but my trip on Allure, CK was never full for dinner.

We did the Anthem this past June/July. We were in a grand suite. We were traveling with my sister and her family. There were 3 of them. We were told we could only bring in two people for dinner with us. We decided to just do room service from coastal kitchen for all of us. It worked out fine. Food was delicious and hot.

You are allowed a limited number of guests at dinner only.

Speak to the CK host/hostess early in the cruise for their guest policy.

If allowed to join do the non suite guests have to pay a fee? Tnx for any info.

No fees charged for bringing guests

So we will be in oasis in sept in a sky class aqua suite. 3 of us (including my 9 month old daughter). Friends just decided to join us. They have 4 year old twins. Is it too much of an ask from the Concierge to get them seated with us one night. It would need to be early (6ish). Just curious on your opinion since you have some experience on the matter. Tnx.

So we will be in oasis in sept in a sky class aqua suite. 3 of us (including my 9 month old daughter). Friends just decided to join us. They have 4 year old twins. Is it too much of an ask from the Concierge to get them seated with us one night. It would need to be early (6ish). Just curious on your opinion since you have some experience on the matter. Tnx.

It's not too much to ask, and you would speak to the CK host/hostess.

Earlier the better is likely a good idea. Get the kids some flatbread pizza