Table hogs

I take one slow step at a time, if it takes me ten minutes to get across the room I kid you not,

You can be seated watching everything happening in view, if it is a person looking for a seat, to trying to get help, and all we can do is complain about the topic of table hogs, the best thing one can do is not to book these giant cruise ships but a smaller one. you're dealing with 3000 people, what are you going to do when the newer ship comes out????

theater shows I have not heard people complain about going to both shows, hogging a show. Lol

this can go on and on and on.

sit ,relax enjoy away from the crowd., wherever a crowd is at you are going to have conflict they took the last piece of banana bread., there's more.. always going to be more.....

Mr Chew & I cruise a lot, and we eat most of our meals in the buffet.

Quite frequently we find ourselves sitting (across from each other) at a large table because there are no small tables available. Sometimes while we're eating, as people leave, small tables do become available. Are we supposed to pick up in the middle of eating to move? I don't think so.

If we see others wandering around looking for a table, we'll indicate that there is room at our table. Conversely, we'll ask to sit down at a large table if it is not fully occupied and there are no small tables available.

I don't think anyone should have to carry their meal to the other end of the ship or another deck to eat ...

First come first served bases, the way we all know when a table is occupied is not of the cards, stuff on it, it is the lil advertised plaque that gets tilted down.

if the plaque is not down its ......

Quite frequently we find ourselves sitting (across from each other) at a large table because there are no small tables available. Sometimes while we're eating, as people leave, small tables do become available. Are we supposed to pick up in the middle of eating to move? I don't think so.

If we see others wandering around looking for a table, we'll indicate that there is room at our table. Conversely, we'll ask to sit down at a large table if it is not fully occupied and there are no small tables available.

How about if you find yourself sitting at a large table you sit next to each other rather than across......just this one time? Sitting at a large table across from each other might give the unfriendly impression that you don't want anyone else at your table.

More people need to just think outside the box....we despise the buffet buton the rare occasions we need to eat there like coming back onboard at 3 pm and are hungry we like taking our food to more enjoyable areas to eat....like the library for one, nice, relaxing atmosphere with tables to sit your plate on....

My wife is one of those people who likes their food hot. She is not going to wander around the ship looking for a place to eat as her food gets cold. I have a physical disability that makes it difficult for me to carry food other than next to food venue.

Come folks, let's all be considerate. A food venue is not the place to play games or read for hours on end.

I totally understand. The staff caters to all needs, if they don't you get the head manager.

the words are do you mind if we join you, if they say yes, then you have to move on. yes means no Lol you sit down anyways , we know as long as it is not next to them a seat off. (smiling)

I totally understand. The staff caters to all needs, if they don't you get the head manager.

the words are do you mind if we join you, if they say yes, then you have to move on. yes means no Lol you sit down anyways , we know as long as it is not next to them a seat off. (smiling)

Haha, I solved that dilemma. I don't ask, I just sit down. No one yet has had the nerve to tell me to leave!! :p

How about if you find yourself sitting at a large table you sit next to each other rather than across......just this one time? Sitting at a large table across from each other might give the unfriendly impression that you don't want anyone else at your table.

Really? :confused: I would be less likely to want to share an oblong table with a couple sitting next to each other than if they were sitting opposite each other. I would much rather have my DH facing me when eating than a stranger.

On a large round table it is different, of course. Then thee only option is to sit next to each other, and the table is big enough so that people opposite you aren't right in your face.

First come first served bases, the way we all know when a table is occupied is not of the cards, stuff on it, it is the lil advertised plaque that gets tilted down.

if the plaque is not down its ......

If we are talking the same thing, the advertising plaque, as you call it means, you were offered the chance to buy a drink and refused. This, tells the next drink seller to not waste his/her time. We always turn ours down as soon as we sit down and aren't bothered during the meal.

More people need to just think outside the box....we despise the buffet buton the rare occasions we need to eat there like coming back onboard at 3 pm and are hungry we like taking our food to more enjoyable areas to eat....like the library for one, nice, relaxing atmosphere with tables to sit your plate on....there are surely 800 or so tables on board every ship, just find one that isn't occupied and enjoy it....frankly the entire buffet atmosphere is like a cattle call anyway so we avoid sitting there like the plague...:D

What if someone comes into the library and want to sit quietly and read. There you are taking up their "space" eating your lunch. Do you then get up and leave to retreat to a proper dining area? LOL

I admit it. Go ahead cast stones at me, I'm a terrible human being. Yes, that's right. I'm a barstool hog. On sea days I spend the day sitting at the Sunset bar enjoying beer and conversation with the bar staff. Away from all the drama at the pool, buffet, and MDR. Don't ever try to steal my spot.

Really? :confused: I would be less likely to want to share an oblong table with a couple sitting next to each other than if they were sitting opposite each other. I would much rather have my DH facing me when eating than a stranger.

I don't remember seeing any oblong tables in the buffet or spa cafe area, at least on the Celebrity ships I have been on, and that is what we were talking about. The only oblong tables I have seen are in the MDR. If the food venue is busy people should sit at table, whether it is oblong, round, or square, to make it inviting so that others can join them if no other table is available.

On sea days I spend the day sitting at the Sunset bar enjoying beer and conversation with the bar staff. Away from all the drama at the pool, buffet, and MDR. Don't ever try to steal my spot.

Then you better not be on the same sailing I'm on! :p I do the same.

Haha' date=' I solved that dilemma. I don't ask, I just sit down. No one yet has had the nerve to tell me to leave!! :p[/quote']

Susan, you sit next to us anytime! in fact, anyone can, but please don't bring up the subjects of politics or religion or taxes, I'm on vacation! :) Last year we sat at a table with a gentleman who wanted to re-litigate the Civil War! All I asked him was what State he was from! :rolleyes: It was easy to avoid that couple for the rest of our very excellent cruise.

Edited by El Crucero

What if someone comes into the library and want to sit quietly and read. There you are taking up their "space" eating your lunch. Do you then get up and leave to retreat to a proper dining area? LOL

And do you leave your dirty dishes in the library to stink up the area with old food smells? I think the idea that you should have to take your food to another part of the ship is absurd.

Susan, you sit next to us anytime! in fact, anyone can, but please don't bring up the subjects of politics or religion or taxes, I'm on vacation! :) Last year we sat at a table with a gentleman who wanted to re-litigate the Civil War! All I asked him was what State he was from! :rolleyes: It was easy to avoid that couple for the rest of our very excellent cruise.

No politics or religion, I promise!! I had a woman in Blu once ask me if I was born again. I assume she was going to "save me" if I responded no. I was insulted and avoided her as well for the duration. It wasn't easy, because Blu is a small venue.

If it's warm enough to sit outside we're more than happy to eat our lunch (from Mast Grill or Buffet) whilst sitting on our lounger.

I'm not sure I see the analogy with those that place their belongings on loungers and leave them unoccupied for hours on end. Those people playing cards etc are using the table and chairs.

I had a woman in Blu once ask me if I was born again. I assume she was going to "save me" if I responded no.

I have been asked that from time to time, and I always say "yes, I believe in reincarnation. Last time I was reborn, I was a horse!" :eek:

I have been asked that from time to time, and I always say "yes, I believe in reincarnation. Last time I was reborn, I was a horse!" :eek:

LOL!! I bet that shut them up! Well I answered "yes" too, to shut her up and because there was a beautiful dinner in front of me and I didn't want her proselytizing during my dinner!! :p

When I've been asked that, I always say "nope, just the one time" or "nope, once was enough" ... and walk away ...

Bet I can guess which end. ;)

When they tell me I'm going to hell, I just say GOOD. I want to be with all my friends. :p

Edited by ChucktownSteve

No politics or religion' date=' I promise!! I had a woman in Blu once ask me if I was born again. I assume she was going to "save me" if I responded no. I was insulted and avoided her as well for the duration. It wasn't easy, because Blu is a small venue.[/quote']

I had someone ask me that as well. My reply was, No, I got it right the first time. Needless to say they left me alone.