curved bed question

MJC

We've been on Princess before but are considering Celebrity for Norway. I'm just wondering how it is for very tall people on the beds because of the curved corners. DH is 6'3" and a total bed hog (while I am 5'6"). Will we end up with him in the middle and me sleeping in a chair? :) Just wondering if there are any comfort issues.

We've been on Princess before but are considering Celebrity for Norway. I'm just wondering how it is for very tall people on the beds because of the curved corners. DH is 6'3" and a total bed hog (while I am 5'6"). Will we end up with him in the middle and me sleeping in a chair? :) Just wondering if there are any comfort issues.

Have them split the beds into 2 singles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

My other half at 6'2 finds them a little short, but not enough for it to bother him too much. As sprout said a short bed on a cruise is better than any on land.:D:D

My Hubbie is 6ft 4in has no problem at all. I think it will depend on how your husband sleeps, if he lies totally straight then his feet will over hang slightly but if he sleeps knees bent on his side for example he would be fine.

I'm 6'1" and never had a problem with beds on any of the 3 Celebrity ships we've sailed on. #4 (Solstice) coming up at the end of this month.

Same here, I am 6 ft. 1 in and never had a problem.

I've found the bed's very comfortable. I sleep straight and always have problems with beds being too short. I just pull the covers out at end of the bed and slightly overhang the bed. Never caused me a problem.

My husband and I will be on the Millennium at the end of August. First time on Celebrity. We sailed on the Allure last year and thought the bed was the most comfortable we've ever had at sea (and on land- with few exceptions). I noticed that the bed was curved at the end. Can anyone confirm that these are the same beds at the Allure uses? I certainly hope so. The bed was so comfortable we called it Kryptonite.

My DH is 6'3" and I am 5'6" -- we've never had any trouble with the beds on Celebrity being too short. As a matter of fact, their beds are quite comfortable.

I've found the bed's very comfortable. I sleep straight and always have problems with beds being too short. I just pull the covers out at end of the bed and slightly overhang the bed. Never caused me a problem.

First time I saw them I had the same reaction....but they are more than comfortable....except they put the covers on too tight and every night I pull them out from sides and foot. I sleep face down and cannot stand feeling "confined"...at home I use a duvet and never tuck it in.

My husband is 6'4" & he always pulls the sheets out at the bottom no matter where we are, including our bed at home. He has never complained about the bed length on any ship.

I doubt that anyone sleeps perfectly straight and flat with toes/soles on the corners of the bed all night. Dh never complained and he too is taller. (But he snuggles over to my side of the bed. :p) Remember it is wider than a queen, so lots of room.

Edited by eandj

The width is equivalent to a twin size bed. When the two beds are placed together it will convert to one queen size bed.

Lower berths have a curve to them, so that the longest part is in the middle when converted to a queen sized bed. On the shortest side it is about 5 feet 8 inches. On the longest side it is about 6 feet 8 inches.

I have to agree that a normal twin is 39" wide (I did custom bedding for a living) and so double that is a king. I've never measured but they must be more like a narrow twin. However, they are long enough for my 6'3" husband, he's never complained. He doesn't sleep perfectly straight top to bottom though.

Try it, and if you need them split, they'll do them the day you ask.

My husband is 6'4" & he always pulls the sheets out at the bottom no matter where we are, including our bed at home. He has never complained about the bed length on any ship.

My husband is 6'4" and he does the same. His feet hang over the end a bit.

OTOH, I am 4'11" and have no problem at all. :)

Thank you all for the helpful feedback. This has been our biggest hurdle with deciding to try Celebrity.

He too pulls the covers off the foot of the bed and sometimes lets his feet hang over. We have a king at home but are perfectly fine in a queen when we travel.

Thank you all for the helpful feedback. This has been our biggest hurdle with deciding to try Celebrity.

He too pulls the covers off the foot of the bed and sometimes lets his feet hang over. We have a king at home but are perfectly fine in a queen when we travel.

Neither of us is that tall so we don't have a problem with feet hanging off the end of the bed, although I prefer to sleep with my feet hanging over the foot of the bed and I'm 5'2"!!! Seriously, one thing I can say for Celebrity is if you have a problem that requires a pretty easy fix, like putting the twins beds together or taking them apart or getting an extra chair for the balcony...if you ask your cabin steward they will take care of it as quickly as possible. We had a problem with the seat on one of our balcony chairs on our last cruise and when I asked our steward if he could replace it he left our room and came back 10 minutes later with a NEW chair and took the old one away.

Edited by Hydrokitty