What can be done in Australia if you have a bad cruise?

Maybe I am just too easy going but I went on the Diamond Princess around Japan last year and going on her again in 2 weeks. Both times have chosen the cheapest cabins meaning inside guarantee. No issues with the cabin last time and still waiting for my allocation this time.. Princess seem to have heavily overbooked so our cc roll call numbers are dropping drastically as cruisers are taking advantage of incredible move over offers.

It is my favourite Princess ship but then I didn't have any issues at all when on her for 23 nights and that includes the cabin. Compared to the Caribbean Princess (sister ship but with some differences), I preferred the Diamond.

66 days till the big bird.

6 days intense sight-seeing.

As soon as I see her I'm going to say,"wow shes big"

Then 13 days of sea-days and ports.

Then 14 of ship-life.

First 19 days we will be The Walking Dead.

Glad were not getting the AIBP,no value there.One drink,sleep.

Anticipation is palpable.

It is my favourite Princess ship but then I didn't have any issues at all when on her for 23 nights and that includes the cabin. Compared to the Caribbean Princess (sister ship but with some differences), I preferred the Diamond.

I spent 34 days on her last year, and loved every second of it.

Thanks guys. Good to hear. If you have a miserable experience in a cabin it can be awful. So hopefully it isnt mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

66 days till the big bird.

6 days intense sight-seeing.

As soon as I see her I'm going to say,"wow shes big"

Then 13 days of sea-days and ports.

Then 14 of ship-life.

First 19 days we will be The Walking Dead.

Glad were not getting the AIBP,no value there.One drink,sleep.

Anticipation is palpable.

Are you on Diamond?

Talking to someone recently who had landed a job as a TA, three weeks training they said they got.:eek:

And probably never been on an international flight or cruise, maybe not even on Sydney Harbour Ferries.

And probably never been on an international flight or cruise, maybe not even on Sydney Harbour Ferries.

May be right.

Funnily enough Mrs Gut taught a lass who has gone into the business and she is doing a three year course, so no idea how this bloke gets a three week course.

Thanks guys. Good to hear. If you have a miserable experience in a cabin it can be awful. So hopefully it isnt mine.

Yes, we always try and pick our cabin in a similar area on the ship as we know that we are more likely to not get a noisy cabin. That said, it can sometimes be the neighbours slamming doors or having a argument, hence the ear plugs.

Yes, we always try and pick our cabin in a similar area on the ship as we know that we are more likely to not get a noisy cabin. That said, it can sometimes be the neighbours slamming doors or having a argument, hence the ear plugs.

Or like on one of our cruises, nowhere near a "white area" but the stewards all seemed to congregate there before starting their shift.

Yes. We had a herd of elephants next to us on the Equinox. Selected the deck sandwiched between two quiet ones but every evening and morning they stomped around like they were pacing. Then washed their large 'smalls' so that the water run off pooled on our balcony. Every day. On the last day we received one of the 'smalls' under the divider, hence I know the size of the smalls. Left a note for cabin attendant advising of how they got there.

Golden is a slightly smaller ship than the Diamond, we will be on her in November so can let people know.

Nothing wrong wiih Golden Princess, she is a fine vessel, was on her for 30 days in 2014, Buenos Aires to Los Angeles Harbour - Around ye olde Cape Horn.

Edited by NSWP

Nothing wrong wiih Golden Princess, she is a fine vessel, was on her for 30 days in 2014, Buenos Aires to Los Angeles Harbour - Around ye olde Cape Horn.

Around Cape Horn.... Now there's one I'd love to do.

Golden is a slightly smaller ship than the Diamond, we will be on her in November so can let people know.

Golden is lovely, Mic. We really enjoyed our cruise on her.

Only negative is the tiny showers in the the bathrooms.

Or like on one of our cruises, nowhere near a "white area" but the stewards all seemed to congregate there before starting their shift.
I also avoid cabins by the lifts and stairwells as some people tend to have a gossip while waiting for the lifts, teenagers love sitting on the stairs as well.:(

Yes. We had a herd of elephants next to us on the Equinox. Selected the deck sandwiched between two quiet ones but every evening and morning they stomped around like they were pacing. Then washed their large 'smalls' so that the water run off pooled on our balcony. Every day. On the last day we received one of the 'smalls' under the divider, hence I know the size of the smalls. Left a note for cabin attendant advising of how they got there.

Lol, small elephants perhaps.:D