The Tidal Wave Water Slide on Liberty Of The Seas

TidalWaveSlide-IMG_1911.JPG

I recently traveled to Galveston, Texas, in order to be one of the first to experience the new Tidal Wave waterslide. It finally just opened up for use a few weeks ago, after a five-month long effort by Royal Caribbean to fix some initial design problems with the slide.

I noticed that no one has posted a decent YouTube video of the new slide yet, so I set out to create one. Take a look!

No other cruise ship in the world has a water slide like this. Of course, cruise ships have had waterslides for a long time... but not like this one! Water parks on land have had this type of slide for a while now, but Royal Caribbean is the first to put one on a cruise ship.

I really enjoyed this waterslide, and I think Royal Caribbean has really raised the bar in the competition to see who can come up with the best cruise ship water slide. Disney's "Aqua Duck" is very cool... as is the "Green Thunder" slide on a couple of Carnival ships... as well as the similar "Free Fall" slides on Norwegian's newest ships. But the Tidal Wave slide on Liberty Of The Seas may just be the best of all!

Do they let people go down solo? Or, do they match up people? Your video only shows duos and I travel alone.

Thanks

Only duos. They will match you up with someone if solo. Minimum weight for each is 100. Max is 250(?). There is a max for the duo 400-425(?).

I was on the cruise when Royal Caribbean finally opened it up to the public, after removing a "hump" and replacing it with a smooth surface, and the few that I talked to the had tried it found it to be a good thrill.

Thanks Jim, for a wonderful video. It really puts the ride into perspective.

Rick

Only duos. They will match you up with someone if solo. Minimum weight for each is 100. Max is 250(?). There is a max for the duo 400-425(?).

Maximum for one person is 250. And don't think you can cheat - there is a scale at the line. I need to remind Mr Giant Wolf that he has about 8 pounds to lose! :D

At around the 2:35 point in the video, you can see a sign with the maximum weights. It was listed as 280 max for an individual, 450 max combined weight.