"Next Cruise I Will..."

boltnut55

Aww, thanks, everyone. I've really enjoyed reading the responses so far - like they've totally destressed me (maybe that's what happens you read "relax" so many times). Will continue to check and comment later but wanted people to know that I'm here and reading.

Our "New" list is long!

Extreme zipline

Snorkeling

Cab ride in Mexico

7 day cruise

Traveling with another couple

Cards Against Humanity in one of the public areas

Steakhouse

This is our 7th cruise and we haven't done any of the above before!

Next time...

I will order room service...I've never done that before.

I will talk to the cruise director. I know, this seems strange...but I've always held back from doing so, thinking he/she must have better things to do than chat with strangers!

I will attend tea time, even though my husband won't go with me...and I don't like tea!

I will get up early enough to see a beautiful sunrise. I am not a morning person, so this one will be very difficult!

Next time...

I will order room service...I've never done that before.

I will talk to the cruise director. I know, this seems strange...but I've always held back from doing so, thinking he/she must have better things to do than chat with strangers!

I will attend tea time, even though my husband won't go with me...and I don't like tea!

I will get up early enough to see a beautiful sunrise. I am not a morning person, so this one will be very difficult!

Oh, I've never waken up early enough to see a sunrise on a ship either! That would be difficult. We are also night owls, so we order room service to wake us up (I mean, we also eat the food, of course!). I'm with you on the cruise director part; I've only spoken to two, and it was very quick as I feel the same way you do. We did attend tea time 4 years ago; it was very nice and calming. We really weren't hungry, but it was nice to be served, enjoy some finger foods that you may or may not see at other meals. Tried to attach photo but didn't work.

Oh, I've never waken up early enough to see a sunrise on a ship either! That would be difficult. We are also night owls, so we order room service to wake us up (I mean, we also eat the food, of course!). I'm with you on the cruise director part; I've only spoken to two, and it was very quick as I feel the same way you do. We did attend tea time 4 years ago; it was very nice and calming. We really weren't hungry, but it was nice to be served, enjoy some finger foods that you may or may not see at other meals. Tried to attach photo but didn't work.

Get up get a cuppa, watch the sunrise, crash back in to bed.

Ok now you have to give me the name of the drinks that go with the rainbow :D

I'll tell you after my next cruise (it is not with NCL) - 47 days UK to Australia - plenty of time to check out the pretty colours (and the game will hopefully keep the wife away from the shiny-shiny shop as well!)

For starters:

Red = Bloody Mary

Orange = Sidecar or Mimosa

Yellow = maybe some sort of Margarita?

Green = Mojito

Blue = something with blue curacao or maybe creme de menthe

Indigo = ??

Violet = ??

Edited by SteveH2508

We have always eaten lunch in the lido buffet {HAL). On the next cruise in November we plan on eating lunch in the Pinnacle (speciality resatuarant) and the MDR on sea days. I am looking forward to a more relaxed experience.

We got Your Time dining this time so we can see some of those shows! (We're too old to stay up for late shows.)

And I'm going to zipline, snorkel, and swim through a cave, all for the first time!

Going to send my mother off to one of those all inclusive beach days while I'm swimming through caves!

This is our second cruise, may be our last, so now that we know how things work I'm going all out.

Oh, yes, it's the Dream this time, and it has some big water slides. I'm going down them all many times!

I loved your answer Mulewagon and from the sounds of it, ur not old at all :)

We will be going on our 1st cruise in May and ur comments reminded me to just get out there and try new things!!!! I hope you have a fantastic time on your cruise :)

For our cruise in October, we will be cruising with our best friends which we have never done before! Typically it is DH and I or our immediate family. We have met friends on cruises but never boarded with friends!

We have the "free" Beverage package so we will be trying out all kinds of drinks, probably mostly virgin drinks so I can make it through the afternoon! We typically only drink a few drinks for the entire week on a cruise! We also have four "free" specialty dining meals which will be a real treat! We have occasionally dined in Specialty restaurants but only for a really special occasion!

I am hoping that our friends will love cruising and join us again! So excited for all these "firsts"!

Lauri

Next cruise I get the pleasure of cruising with 4 family members who have never cruised. I love seeing cruises through newbie's eyes.

Next cruise we get to eat in Alfredo's for the first time.

Next cruise I'm going to do a "live from" thread.

Can't wait until December.

Our next cruise has 16 sea days, our last cruise (our first one) only had 3, so the few sea days we had were rest days in the gale force sea conditions!

This time I aim to:

1) Try breakfast in the MDR although I like the buffet for ease and flexibility at breakfast, I think my husband wants to try it. Maybe Christmas Day.

2) Maybe more lunches in the MDR. We only had one last year (on Christmas Day) and it was more relaxing and special than the buffet

3) Try Afternoon Tea at least once

4) Join some of the group activities , e.g. choir, art, etc.

5) Do more exercise on the sea days. Last year we didn't use the lifts once, this time I'll try and do more on top of that, as we'll have less port day activities.

6) FULLY read the daily 'Horizon' thoroughly, we missed a few activities last year that we'd otherwise have gone to.

7) Take breakfast back to the cabin balcony when we're into warmer weather. Last year was a 'cold climate' cruise. I'd live to have breakfast on a warm balcony!

8) Go up onto the top deck at night and hopefully star watch in the ocean. We love doing so at home, but it's bitterly cold in our winters, so watching the Milky Way at home is only for short periods of time.

9) Relax, have fun and forget about projects at work!

10) Edit... Hubby and me wants to try a massage as a treat... Neither of us have had one before!

I think that's enough aims! :)

Edited by Goosebear Mum

Our "New" list is long!

Extreme zipline

Snorkeling

Cab ride in Mexico

7 day cruise

Traveling with another couple

Cards Against Humanity in one of the public areas

Steakhouse

This is our 7th cruise and we haven't done any of the above before!

That is a good list. I would almost call it a cruise bucket list.

Burt

On my next cruise, I'll have an aft balcony for the first time! I've wanted one for years. I plan to spend much of the non-port time there -- my Kindle & room service! :p

And my first meal in a specialty restaurant. I've never cared for that 'extra' but it comes with the cruise this time.

Just remember nobody but you cares what you are wearing!

I pack in a carry on - record is 42+ days

Next trip to Europe will be 80 days including a 15 night TA!

That's awesome! You are a packing ninja! My record is a 2 week trip, but it was Alaska, 40 degrees to 90 degrees. I use space saver bags, I coordinate everything, and it's all washable silk (cleans in the sink and packs really small). Shoes are the main challenge for me.

Every time I cruise I say I will try the spa/massage services and never do.

Problem is, I own my own spa and do many therapies also, so it is very very hard to relax with someone else and the prices on board are ridiculous. And then when they pushily tried to sell me something I would not like it at all as I don't push products or services on my own clients!

OK talked myself out of it again:eek:

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

next cruise:

We are going to eat at the Crown Grill every night and treat ourselves well.

I am going to spend some time with my sister who is a cancer survivor and we are grateful. We will ring in a new year together.

I have just recently been re-reading my travel journals from previous cruises, so thinking about the same question.

I have realized that I did not fully explore the ship on every past cruise. Either I discovered some interesting part of the ship only near the end of the cruise and wished I had found it sooner, or after I got off the ship I found out via Cruise Critic or some other means that there were areas of the ship I missed entirely.

So that is my goal for my next cruise -- fully explore the ship early on. I know there's a "secret deck" to be found somewhere, all I have to do is look! :)

Our next cruise will be on September 12th on the Carnival Inspiration, where I'll be traveling w/my husband and college-aged daughter to celebrate my 50th birthday. During my last cruise on Celebrity, I went to the adult pool (water is warm/hot) on the last sea day and spent a lot of time thinking, "Wow, I should have remembered to do this on my FIRST day!" The last time we were on Celebrity had been about 10+ years ago.

When I go on my next cruise, I'll check out the Serenity retreat earlier, but I was wondering what's on your list of "on my next cruise, I'm going to..." that represents something new/fairly new. Like what else could I be missing out on? :) Thanks.

We'll opt for a balcony cabin and maybe a specialty restaurant. We always postpone it until the "next" trip. I think it's time!