$25.00 refer obc

hollon

My two sisters did the referral/new guests for the 25.00 obc and it doesn't show up on my princess account - They got the email that said they were signed up w/ the 25.00, will it show up later or should I call Princess? Thanks

This may answer your question. The referred person must have completed their 1st cruise.

Question: When can my onboard spending credit be used?

Answer: After your successfully referred guest has completed their first cruise your onboard spending credit will become available for use. If you are sailing together on the same cruise, you can both use your onboard spending credits at that time.

Question: How will the onboard spending credit be applied to my booking?

Answer: Your Referral Rewards are attached to your Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Member number. When making your booking be sure to provide your Member number, and up to five available Referral Rewards onboard spending credits will be applied to your shipboard account automatically.

My two sisters did the referral/new guests for the 25.00 obc and it doesn't show up on my princess account - They got the email that said they were signed up w/ the 25.00, will it show up later or should I call Princess? Thanks

I had a $25 referral credit & it showed up in my cruise personalizer right after I got the email...when I made final payment the agent then applied it to my cruise and it shows on my confirmation sheet...I would call Princess just to make sure it went thru...

Mine are currently in the Personalizer/circle savings account/cruise credits

I always thought once earned the $25 comes off the price of the cruise and not as OBC?

Thats the way it worked for us and the friends $25 came off their cruise fare.

Have they changed that?

I always thought once earned the $25 comes off the price of the cruise and not as OBC?

Have they changed that?

That's the way it's worked for us too. The $25.00 came off the price of the cruise. We didn't get OBC for it.

I've done two of these in the past and once the person takes the cruise you will get a credit of $25 to be taken off the price of your next cruise. If you are traveling with that person on their first cruise it will come off on that trip.

Have they changed that?

That's the way it's worked for us too. The $25.00 came off the price of the cruise. We didn't get OBC for it.

Mine is definately OBC...it was showing that way in the personalizer & now shows on my passenger confirmation receipt from Princess...and the friend who referred me also has $25 OBC,,,

My friend just referred me and my family (4 of us total) for our first cruise. We all have $25 OBC in our My Princess accounts. From my reading on it, we have 2 years to use it (it'll be 1 yr 9 months), and after that, my friend will get $100 OBC to use within 2 years.

My friend just referred me and my family (4 of us total) for our first cruise. We all have $25 OBC in our My Princess accounts. From my reading on it, we have 2 years to use it (it'll be 1 yr 9 months), and after that, my friend will get $100 OBC to use within 2 years.

That's how the Princess web site says it works.

And I agree with OP, it doesn't matter if it is $25 or $250--if I were entitled to it, I'd want to be sure that I got it.

On our recent January 2016 cruise I had referred friends for their first cruise (sailing with us on same trip) and I had $25 for each showing in my OBC in My Princess and also in my Cruise Personalizer. Our friends also had confirmation that they had the $25 each as OBC. In the past when I referred friends/family it was a reduction in fare at final payment however per Princess rep on phone, they now do it through OBC.

However, be aware - in January on the cruise our friends had a problem - their OBC was not showing in their on board account (mine was) and multiple attempts to get this rectified onboard were unsuccessful. Our friend was told to follow-up once we got off the cruise however I don't know if she ever did. Make sure all parties involved have some documentation with them on the ship to 'prove' you are entitled to the said OBC.

On our recent January 2016 cruise I had referred friends for their first cruise (sailing with us on same trip) and I had $25 for each showing in my OBC in My Princess and also in my Cruise Personalizer. Our friends also had confirmation that they had the $25 each as OBC. In the past when I referred friends/family it was a reduction in fare at final payment however per Princess rep on phone, they now do it through OBC.

However, be aware - in January on the cruise our friends had a problem - their OBC was not showing in their on board account (mine was) and multiple attempts to get this rectified onboard were unsuccessful. Our friend was told to follow-up once we got off the cruise however I don't know if she ever did. Make sure all parties involved have some documentation with them on the ship to 'prove' you are entitled to the said OBC.

My most recent experience is Nov. 2015, so thank you for the information on the current policy.

exactly HOW DO you go about referring someone I have 4 friends who may take a Princess cruise for the first time this year How can I link them and me to a referral Thanks

Go to the Princess website mainpage. Scroll to the bottom and look at the list "cruise Deals". Refer a friend is right there.

I know that the person you refer cannot be in the Princess system at all yet.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Go to the Princess website mainpage. Scroll to the bottom and look at the list "cruise Deals". Refer a friend is right there.

I know that the person you refer cannot be in the Princess system at all yet.

Thank you appreciated now I may have some more wine:D

Referral credit "used to be" off the cost of the cruise. Now it is OBC.

Referred person needs to sail for you to receive credit on your personalizer for the next cruise. Documentation is on your Captain Cirlce account page saying that the referral was validated.

Some other issues:

You need sign up for referral...before...they book their cruise.

Be sure to let your TA or Princess booking know that they are referred.

Make sure they receive the email and confirm.

Otherwise, two Captain Circle numbers will be generated and have to be consolidated ... and a lot of headache to get the two merged.

There is a limit on the amount of referral credits you can apply to one cruise. Right now, I have four ($25.00) credits toward a really long cruise. I am staying away from short cruises because I don't want this credit applied to it.

I have another question. A friend just referred me and I received the email earlier this week. I thought it was nice timing as I was planning on booking a Princess cruise this weekend. Then I reread the email, the $25 OBC is just for first timers. Right? I cruised with Princess 10 years ago and am a member of the Captain's Circle already, so I cannot use this, or did I miss something?

I have another question. A friend just referred me and I received the email earlier this week. I thought it was nice timing as I was planning on booking a Princess cruise this weekend. Then I reread the email' date=' the $25 OBC is just for first timers. Right? I cruised with Princess 10 years ago and am a member of the Captain's Circle already, so I cannot use this, or did I miss something?[/quote']

Correct as you are not a new customer.

I have another question. A friend just referred me and I received the email earlier this week. I thought it was nice timing as I was planning on booking a Princess cruise this weekend. Then I reread the email' date=' the $25 OBC is just for first timers. Right? I cruised with Princess 10 years ago and am a member of the Captain's Circle already, so I cannot use this, or did I miss something?[/quote']

As stated, you cannot have cruise Princess prior.

What is the total amount you can receive? I have two couples sailing with us next year that are new to Princess and not booked yet. :)

Also, I assume you can book thru a TA and still get the credit?