Children in the Diamond Lounge?

Problem solved. Just post a notice in the dailies that no children under the age of 18 is allowed in the DL. This way no one can blame the Conceirge for playing favorite. Also, the notice should be posted at the entrance to the DL so no one can say they didn't see it in dailies.:evilsmile::halo::evilsmile:

Fair about turn since adults are not allowed in the children's area.

MARAPRINCE

Problem solved. Just post a notice in the dailies that no children under the age of 18 is allowed in the DL. This way no one can blame the Conceirge for playing favorite. Also, the notice should be posted at the entrance to the DL so no one can say they didn't see it in dailies.:evilsmile::halo::evilsmile:

MARAPRINCE

Ummm...that was exactly how it was set up originally in the DL/CL during cocktail hours (kiddies had the run of the place the other 21 hours). Then apparently the Mommies and Daddies starting complaining...bingo bongo..we have children to share your cocktail time with. ;)

Maybe they will let us into Adventure Ocean with our cocktails soon then? :D

Ummm...that was exactly how it was set up originally in the DL/CL during cocktail hours (kiddies had the run of the place the other 21 hours). Then apparently the Mommies and Daddies starting complaining...bingo bongo..we have children to share your cocktail time with. ;)

That would be fun. They don't let adults in the ball pit on land and they didn't invent the ball pit until after I was eighteen. And they don't go by mental age. :mad:

Maybe we should arrive with our drinks and protest!

That would be fun. They don't let adults in the ball pit on land and they didn't invent the ball pit until after I was eighteen. And they don't go by mental age. :mad:

Now that's funny!

MARAPRINCE

But RCI policy is under 18 are allowed in. If a concierge goes against policy isn't that playing favorites?

Should I expect aggressive adults yelling at my child in the DL?

But RCI policy is under 18 are allowed in. If a concierge goes against policy isn't that playing favorites?

Should I expect aggressive adults yelling at my child in the DL?

Of course not. Many of us think that the adults should have their own space for a few hours as the children do. With current policy, as long as your little one is polite and behaves, we really don't have a problem. It's the parents who don't parent.

The problem is that Adventure Ocean is closed the time the DL is open forcing parents to bring the younger children.

Bingo. For the longest time, before there even was a DL, higher tier and suite dwelling parents were bitterly complaining that they couldn't enjoy their free drinks because they had nowhere to dump their little snowflakes (at that time, drinks could not be removed from the lounge) since AO wasn't open during cocktail hours. Eventually, the cruiseline gave in to them and allowed kids in the CL.

Bingo. For the longest time, before there even was a DL, higher tier and suite dwelling parents were bitterly complaining that they couldn't enjoy their free drinks because they had nowhere to dump their little snowflakes (at that time, drinks could not be removed from the lounge) since AO wasn't open during cocktail hours. Eventually, the cruiseline gave in to them and allowed kids in the CL.

Why don't they just open AO at 4:45 or 5:00 and alleviate the problem altogether?

Maybe the best thing is if we leave the kids in the kids zone and they leave us alone in the adults zone,the DL.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Or perhaps they leave you in the Solarium which is an adults only zone (16+), and let the DL include appropriately behaved children as the new policy permits.

Just saying that there are already kid only and adult only zones, and the DL has now been designated as open to all. Agree that children need to be properly behaved or they should be removed- same for adults.....

Great! So we all agree. The problem still exists. Some parents don't parent the bratty snowflakes. Royal will not do anything as the servers want their tips and not a bad mark. It's a circle. We the passengers in the DL are being forced to say something. The mood of the room changes. Any suggestions?

Great! So we all agree. The problem still exists. Some parents don't parent the bratty snowflakes. Royal will not do anything as the servers want their tips and not a bad mark. It's a circle. We the passengers in the DL are being forced to say something. The mood of the room changes. Any suggestions?

I agree with you. It doesn't matter if the children are "well behaved" or not, the atmosphere is changed. That time should be like an "adult" cocktail party and I am not a fan of bringing children to a "cocktail party".

Our last cruise we were subjected every night to an extended family with two very cute children. The baby cried every night and they did not take her out. The 4yr old practiced her cartwheels while her grandparents and parents cheered her on!! :o:o. All while the waiters tried to dodge her as they walked around with their trays!!

Please give us back our "adult only" few hours back!!

I agree with you. It doesn't matter if the children are "well behaved" or not, the atmosphere is changed. That time should be like an "adult" cocktail party and I am not a fan of bringing children to a "cocktail party".

Our last cruise we were subjected every night to an extended family with two very cute children. The baby cried every night and they did not take her out. The 4yr old practiced her cartwheels while her grandparents and parents cheered her on!! :o:o. All while the waiters tried to dodge her as they walked around with their trays!!

Please give us back our "adult only" few hours back!!

Parents and Grandparents who don't parent. We are supposed to accommodate their little snowflakes. Should we bring participation trophies?