Children in the Diamond Lounge?

I agree with you. It doesn't matter if the children are "well behaved" or not, the atmosphere is changed. That time should be like an "adult" cocktail party and I am not a fan of bringing children to a "cocktail party".

Our last cruise we were subjected every night to an extended family with two very cute children. The baby cried every night and they did not take her out. The 4yr old practiced her cartwheels while her grandparents and parents cheered her on!! :o:o. All while the waiters tried to dodge her as they walked around with their trays!!

Please give us back our "adult only" few hours back!!

If anyone was in a wheelchair or scooter when this happened, I would suggest that they park themselves in the middle of the room:cool::cool: Maybe I'm bad?

I agree with you. It doesn't matter if the children are "well behaved" or not, the atmosphere is changed. That time should be like an "adult" cocktail party and I am not a fan of bringing children to a "cocktail party".

Our last cruise we were subjected every night to an extended family with two very cute children. The baby cried every night and they did not take her out. The 4yr old practiced her cartwheels while her grandparents and parents cheered her on!! :o:o. All while the waiters tried to dodge her as they walked around with their trays!!

The Diamond Concierge should have told the parents and grandparents to remove the crying child and misbehaving child doing the cartwheels. The other people in the DL should have make a complaint to the Concierge, and threatened to go to the Hotel Director if the Concierge allowed such practices to continue.

The Diamond Concierge should have told the parents and grandparents to remove the crying child and misbehaving child doing the cartwheels. The other people in the DL should have make a complaint to the Concierge, and threatened to go to the Hotel Director if the Concierge allowed such practices to continue.

You are absolutely right! It still comes down to "US" after we've all rolled our eyes and "somebody" says something.:')

Just saying that there are already kid only and adult only zones, and the DL has now been designated as open to all. Agree that children need to be properly behaved or they should be removed- same for adults.....

This was a more respectful answer than your flippant comment about the solarium.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Great! So we all agree. The problem still exists. Some parents don't parent the bratty snowflakes. Royal will not do anything as the servers want their tips and not a bad mark. It's a circle. We the passengers in the DL are being forced to say something. The mood of the room changes. Any suggestions?

The problem is letting children in a cocktail party for drinking adults over 21 years old.

I agree with you too.

This would have been appropriate action to take.

The concierge is responsible to give everyone a great experience in the DL.

This was a more respectful answer than your flippant comment about the solarium.

Graham, I resent the constant comments regarding "snowflakes" and being a bad parent, but I am in the minority here so I have to "take it".

I am sure it would be nice to meet you in a DL sometime, but some of these posters, frankly, have me wary of being able to use my perks. I won't tolerate aggressive behavior from other passengers towards me, and especially not my wife or child.

Exactly!! Best suggestion yet!! :) Cartwheels in the lounge with crew members carrying heavy trays loaded with drinks and

glassware?? Safety issue there for sure. :(

Edited by island lady

I agree with you too.

And so do I.

It's really not the children that are the problem...it's the parents that don't parent that are the real problem. Though IMHO a cocktail lounge is not what I would think a child is yearning for on a vacation, nor it is really the best place for them to be during adult cocktail lounge time. I don't see them in hotel/resort cocktail lounges either.

Agree they need to open Adventure Ocean during that time, which I would think would help a lot.

Edited by island lady

Great! So we all agree. The problem still exists. Some parents don't parent the bratty snowflakes. Royal will not do anything as the servers want their tips and not a bad mark. It's a circle. We the passengers in the DL are being forced to say something. The mood of the room changes. Any suggestions?

Snowflakes melt when it gets to warm. Keep it warm, they'll disappear.

Graham, I resent the constant comments regarding "snowflakes" and being a bad parent, but I am in the minority here so I have to "take it".

I am sure it would be nice to meet you in a DL sometime, but some of these posters, frankly, have me wary of being able to use my perks. I won't tolerate aggressive behavior from other passengers towards me, and especially not my wife or child.

Sorry only parents that let their children run wild and screaming then don't stop it when it is obviously annoying people are the only ones i would take offence with.

We have seen 1 child briefly in the DL in June on Freedom but that is it in about 12 cruises when we have gone into Diamond Lounges so no problems there for us.

I'm from England and snowflakes are what fall from the sky when it is snowing.

Sorry only parents that let their children run wild and screaming then don't stop it when it is obviously annoying people are the only ones i would take offence with.

We have seen 1 child briefly in the DL in June on Freedom but that is it in about 12 cruises when we have gone into Diamond Lounges so no problems there for us.

I'm from England and snowflakes are what fall from the sky when it is snowing.

Unfortunately in the US it has been co-opted as a pejorative term.

Cruise the Caribbean - no snow.