Children in the Diamond Lounge?

Bingo. For the longest time, before there even was a DL, higher tier and suite dwelling parents were bitterly complaining that they couldn't enjoy their free drinks because they had nowhere to dump their little snowflakes (at that time, drinks could not be removed from the lounge) since AO wasn't open during cocktail hours. Eventually, the cruiseline gave in to them and allowed kids in the CL.

Not really fair to other passengers who left their own children at home to have to endure unruly, misbehaving, screaming children in the DL CL lounges. As our parents used to say "Children should be seen but not heard." Now I understand what they meant!!!!!

Unless parents with children intend to stay in the CL or DL all night, come in, get your free drinks and leave with your child before he/she even starts to misbehave because they are being ignored by their parents or they are bored. From what I am hearing most of the ships allow you to take your drink with you into the dining rooms. If you travel with your children you are responsible for their behavior which should not be such as it interfers with other adults trying to enjoy a drink in a quiet, pleasant atmosphere where they can converse in normal tones with other passengers. It is not up to anyone else to displine your children. It is solely your responsibility. No one should have to complain about your child's behavior. If it gets to the point that other passengers are complaining, then take you child and leave. Don't feel that others have to endure it.

MARAPRINCE

Not really fair to other passengers who left their own children at home to have to endure unruly, misbehaving, screaming children in the DL CL lounges. As our parents used to say "Children should be seen but not heard." Now I understand what they meant!!!!!

Unless parents with children intend to stay in the CL or DL all night, come in, get your free drinks and leave with your child before he/she even starts to misbehave because they are being ignored by their parents or they are bored. From what I am hearing most of the ships allow you to take your drink with you into the dining rooms. If you travel with your children you are responsible for their behavior which should not be such as it interfers with other adults trying to enjoy a drink in a quiet, pleasant atmosphere where they can converse in normal tones with other passengers. It is not up to anyone else to displine your children. It is solely your responsibility. No one should have to complain about your child's behavior. If it gets to the point that other passengers are complaining, then take you child and leave. Don't feel that others have to endure it.

MARAPRINCE

The bad parents have thick skins and don't seem to be concerned that their misbehaving kids are spoiling it for everyone else.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I have a couple of thoughts on this....

1. Its not appropriate to call people's children "snowflakes"...these children are no different than yours, mine or yourself at that age. That "snowflake" comment is going somewhere else. :(

2. It is not the responsibility for Royal Caribbean to tell you or your child to leave because of behavior. They also have no obligation to have Adventure Ocean operating when that is their time to be closed. If you brought your child on vacation, then you are now no longer able to do certain things. They made it so that you don't have to be in the DL to have your free drinks...go somewhere else.

Actually, it is appropriate to call these kids whose parents won't discipline "snowflakes". Many parents use the excuse that no snowflakes are alike and we have to respect their individuality even if they act out. So no discipline. When my daughter was a kid, if she acted like these snowflakes in the DL or on the college campuses, she would have been disciplined. My 5 1/2 year old grandsons do a lot of time out -- they have responsible parents and are great to be around and if they act up, there are consequences.

MARAPRINCE

Well said

The bad parents have thick skins and don't seem to be concerned that their misbehaving kids are spoiling it for everyone else.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Agree. Also, these parents want to be their kid's friends not their authority figure. So they are afraid to discipline. Selfish and timid parents result in spoiled brats.

Actually, it is appropriate to call these kids whose parents won't discipline "snowflakes". Many parents use the excuse that no snowflakes are alike and we have to respect their individuality even if they act out. So no discipline. When my daughter was a kid, if she acted like these snowflakes in the DL or on the college campuses, she would have been disciplined. My 5 1/2 year old grandsons do a lot of time out -- they have responsible parents and are great to be around and if they act up, there are consequences.

I think snowflakes is a cute term...we also call children "kids"...isn't that a baby goat? (though they are cute also).

There are some obviously less than cute terms out there for "the little darlin's" when they act badly. ;)

Worked in Oasis last night

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hi John...did Laura enjoy her short cruise?

We ended up booking OA 11/26 a couple of days ago since our annual November Keys stay in the "land yacht" was cancelled by the Florida state park system for obvious reasons. My poor sister is going down there on Friday for major clean up at her house.

Looks like we are disembarking when you arrive for your 12/3 cruise.