Children in the Diamond Lounge?

From what I'm reading on this forum, Royal allows the drink vouchers to be used anywhere on the ship that serves alcohol. They are even allowing the vouchers to be used in the dining rooms on select ships. No worries, You can still use your benefits as a family. It's just that folks prefer the DL, which is a perk for frequent cruisers, to be utilized as an adult only venue.

It is not an adult only venue. Royal Caribbean allows Diamond members of any age in the DL.

It has been reported here that the concereiges are allowing it. That would be the reason to why some are complaining about unruly kids in the lounge. It is uncertain if it had been "officially" changed but the consensus appears to be that it is being allowed.

It's right on the Royal website. At least a year. Check out diamond benefits.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/viewAllBenefitsLoggedout.do?memberTier=Diamond

From what I'm reading on this forum, Royal allows the drink vouchers to be used anywhere on the ship that serves alcohol. They are even allowing the vouchers to be used in the dining rooms on select ships. No worries, You can still use your benefits as a family. It's just that folks prefer the DL, which is a perk for frequent cruisers, to be utilized as an adult only venue.

Are they allowing it on Enchantment and Navigator? If not, select is useless for me.

If folks prefer adult only venues they have to go to an adults only designated venue.

Of course I expect your behavior to be acceptable in any venue, your presence does not bother me. Poor behavior of another guest, child or adult, can dampen your experience, but if they are behaved fine than their presence should not.

You didn't need to be there.

Kids have to only if their parents insist on taking them there.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

No, no, no. It's the bratty kids who demonize and subordinate the non-parenting parents forcing them to go to the Diamond Lounge. Haven't you been paying attention?

I’m not sure sure what “folks”your talking about. Nobody from royal asked me what I want. I’m all for the change, as long as it’s allowed I’ll bring my kids in. I don’t really want to hear your off color jokes either, I’d prefer you keep them to yourself. It appears royal would rather have the DL used by families who are frequent cruisers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, no, no. It's the bratty kids who demonize and subordinate the non-parenting parents forcing them to go to the Diamond Lounge. Haven't you been paying attention?

1 child for 30 minutes in 110 nights going to DL so no effect to us.

No need to be snarky,i read all the posts and reply to the ones where i can make a positive contribution.

I would welcome you and your kids because you sound like a responsible parent and your kids I'm sure will reflect how you parent them.

No need to be snarky,i read all the posts and reply to the ones where i can make a positive contribution.

I would welcome you and your kids because you sound like a responsible parent and your kids I'm sure will reflect how you parent them.

Sir I encourage you to stop cruising times have changed, the kids today are smarter at age 12 than most people ever are. If children bother you that much you might want to try sandals or some other 21+ resort, I assure you when you see the way adults young and old act you will feel differently.

If you love cruising that much Alaska on princess is pretty much 65+ I'm sure they would love your off color jokes. But please spear the rest of the passengers in the DL because I'm sure some of the 20-30 year Olds don't look the part for you either.

Our favorite method is to loudly scream at each other; I'm teaching him to windmill his arms and stomp around like an a cartoon mummy, which is a lot more coordination that you may think at first. It's more of a waiting game than anything and he wears himself out before mom and I do. A position surely fit for the long term.

It is more than obvious you don't have kids. The DL isn't a drinking den and on many ships cocktail time starts at 4:30. If you can't act well enough at 4:30 or 5 for a child to be near that is your issue not someone else's. I would agree with some of the sentiment here if it was 10 or 11 at night but 4:30 is a full 4 hours before the sun even goes down. Get a grip on reality and realize kids are people too and without them the world would be a very sad place. You really sound like an old grouch and for that I feel very sorry for you. I'll see you in the lounge with my adorable daughter that everyone loves when we bring her in. I'm sure she gets many more smiles than any drinking den old crouches.

Noone is denying the validity of children being human...sometimes, cute little human beings. But there is a place for them and a place where they don't belong. This thread actually has nothing to do with children, but with parents who want to do everything and don't want to be excluded. I don't believe that children belong in Lounges...especially if there are other places they can be where their parents can also get a drink.

It has been reported here that the concereiges are allowing it. That would be the reason to why some are complaining about unruly kids in the lounge. It is uncertain if it had been "officially" changed but the consensus appears to be that it is being allowed.

Oh, I see. If the line has not officially welcomed children in the DL during cocktail hour, my opinion is for the parents to go elsewhere for their free drinks. Is is too much to ask for an adult environment when the line promises the adults that? As others have said before me, Adventure Ocean is an adult free zone. Whey can't the adults have their space too? It's only for a couple of hours a day. Keep the kiddies out.

ATHEIST actually but I believe in values and those don't include making a fool of yourself even if you never see these people again.

Discussing adult subject matter is done all the time in adult only environments.I know....I've been there and done that and I welcome it when chatting with adults in an adult environment.

Read this in regards to children from Freedom CL Concierge, last week. Obviously, children are allowed.

596b892cb3bea99561993c34b3ca200e.jpg

Clearly, it doesn't say they are not permitted but ask they be accompanied by an adult and well behaved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is this the policy of the line or an invitation by the concierge? Maybe Royal is leaving it up to each individual concierge but I think it would be a better idea to make the policy fleet wide, however they decide to go.

I've been in the DL when there were no kids and it was not someplace that I wanted to be.

You had the option of going to any venue on the ship that welcomed families. At least you have the option. With children being welcomed in the DL during cocktail hour, there is no option to have an adult free environment.The cruise line should do better for those adults who wish to enjoy a cocktail in a kid free zone.

Edited by coffeebean

Sir I encourage you to stop cruising times have changed, the kids today are smarter at age 12 than most people ever are. If children bother you that much you might want to try sandals or some other 21+ resort, I assure you when you see the way adults young and old act you will feel differently.

If you love cruising that much Alaska on princess is pretty much 65+ I'm sure they would love your off color jokes. But please spear the rest of the passengers in the DL because I'm sure some of the 20-30 year Olds don't look the part for you either.

Excuse me are these comments addressed to me?

I have never complained about children anywhere or at anytime,i don't tell dirty jokes,i am 60 but still use heavy weights in the gym,drink very little alcohol and don't smoke and certainly not the fuddy duddy your snarkiness suggests.

Furthermore i am from England, certainly not interested in going to Alaska so in future read the posts carefully.

Graham.

RCI D+. Princess Elite.P&O Atlantic.

I’m not sure sure what “folks”your talking about. Nobody from royal asked me what I want. I’m all for the change, as long as it’s allowed I’ll bring my kids in. I don’t really want to hear your off color jokes either, I’d prefer you keep them to yourself. It appears royal would rather have the DL used by families who are frequent cruisers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The folks I'm talking about are the people who have voiced their opinions on this thread that would prefer children not be allowed in the DL for the cocktail hour. I'm not alone in my thinking and wishing for an adult only environment to enjoy a drink.

Telling off color jokes was just an example of what happens in adult only environments. I've been bashed on this thread by folks saying they don't want to hear my off color jokes. Truth be told, I've never told an off color joke or a clean joke for that matter because I am a terrible joke teller. Can't remember the punch lines so I've given up trying to tell jokes many years ago.I have, however, discussed adult subject matter in an adult only environment along with other adults. As someone said up thread, having children in any venue changes the mood of the room.

Our favorite method is to loudly scream at each other; I'm teaching him to windmill his arms and stomp around like an a cartoon mummy, which is a lot more coordination that you may think at first. It's more of a waiting game than anything and he wears himself out before mom and I do. A position surely fit for the long term.

If you scream at each other maybe i have overestimated your parenting skills.

My parents only had to threaten us with getting wrong when we got home and we turned obediant straight away.

At school you would get hit with the cane on your hand if you were naughty,i had it once and never again.

Teach respect and they will learn respect.

RCI D+. Princess Elite.P&O Atlantic.