Children in the Diamond Lounge?

If you don't care why waste your time responding, while not answering their question. Other than to promote that you don't want kids in the Lounge, to which RC allows them with adult supervision at all times of the day.

Edit: a drinking den? My godness, this isnt a brothel or a speakeasy during prohibition. It's a lounge on a family friendly cruiseship.

I can do whatever i want with my time thank you.

I am responding to the thread of children in the Diamond lounge which is what the thread is called.

Read my posts i am not anti kids and only once in 12 cruises as D have we briefly saw a kid in a lounge.

The DL and CL can be quite boisterous and if you have ever experienced the lounges I'm sure you would agree during cocktail hours it is not a place for juveniles.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I am responding to the thread of children in the Diamond lounge which is what the thread is called.

Read my posts i am not anti kids and only once in 12 cruises as D have we briefly saw a kid in a lounge.

The DL and CL can be quite boisterous and if you have ever experienced the lounges I'm sure you would agree during cocktail hours it is not a place for juveniles.

What you choose to do is perfectly fine, that is your choice. I truly believe that you, like me, are not fans of roudy children. My son doesn't act like my nieces and nephews but it is how they are raised. I also don't like adults that act the same way.

For me I do not want to have irritants around me when they can be avoided, on the ship or land. I'd rather go elsewhere. I do not spend time in the D lounge or SL unless it is embarkation or disembarkation day. As a D+ CA member and strictly suite cruiser that is my choice, which is really no different than the one you stated above.

What you choose to do is perfectly fine, that is your choice. I truly believe that you, like me, are not fans of roudy children. My son doesn't act like my nieces and nephews but it is how they are raised. I also don't like adults that act the same way.

For me I do not want to have irritants around me when they can be avoided, on the ship or land. I'd rather go elsewhere. I do not spend time in the D lounge or SL unless it is embarkation or disembarkation day. As a D+ CA member and strictly suite cruiser that is my choice, which is really no different than the one you stated above.

I'm pleased we agree on very much everything.

We don't have kids so they are not something that has ever concerned me but friendly people of any age, colour or religion i will happily talk to.

I'm pleased we agree on very much everything.

We don't have kids so they are not something that has ever concerned me but friendly people of any age, colour or religion i will happily talk to.

It is more than obvious you don't have kids. The DL isn't a drinking den and on many ships cocktail time starts at 4:30. If you can't act well enough at 4:30 or 5 for a child to be near that is your issue not someone else's. I would agree with some of the sentiment here if it was 10 or 11 at night but 4:30 is a full 4 hours before the sun even goes down. Get a grip on reality and realize kids are people too and without them the world would be a very sad place. You really sound like an old grouch and for that I feel very sorry for you. I'll see you in the lounge with my adorable daughter that everyone loves when we bring her in. I'm sure she gets many more smiles than any drinking den old crouches.

It is more than obvious you don't have kids. The DL isn't a drinking den and on many ships cocktail time starts at 4:30. If you can't act well enough at 4:30 or 5 for a child to be near that is your issue not someone else's. I would agree with some of the sentiment here if it was 10 or 11 at night but 4:30 is a full 4 hours before the sun even goes down. Get a grip on reality and realize kids are people too and without them the world would be a very sad place. You really sound like an old grouch and for that I feel very sorry for you. I'll see you in the lounge with my adorable daughter that everyone loves when we bring her in. I'm sure she gets many more smiles than any drinking den old crouches.

Thanks for the laugh.

We decided to have no kids but that was our personal choice.

As i have posted several times it is only unruly children or adults that are irritating to us but on 1 occasion out of 110 nights in a DL have we seen a child in the DL but she left with her dad after about 30 minutes but she didn't bother us but some people were less than pleased.

We pop into the lounge around 5pm for a few snacks for half an hour then pop back later about 7.30 pm for some pre dinner drinks before leaving at 8.30pm for dinner.

Some of the lounges have great outside views but some like Harmony are soulless.

At home we are almost teatotal and on board rarely have more than 4 alcoholic drinks but i have witnessed several times people who were inebriated.

I see no problem with children in either lounge during most of the day, but I would feel very uncomfortable at cocktail hour with children being in there when adults are specifically going in to visit with other adults and imbibe liquor that they are prohibited from drinking. Call me old school, but I can tell you my mother wouldn't have allowed that for us, nor I for my kids. There are many places where children would be happier on a ship, but bars are not one of them, and the lounge at cocktail hour is in effect a bar, where anyone under 21 may not imbibe. I still don't see why a child would want to go in there...boring!

Not trying to lecture anyone, But personally do not like it. Fortunately, have never witnessed it, even in the other lounges/bars. JMHO, flaming is unnecessary. And of course I will not pay the least attention to it.

I see no problem with children in either lounge during most of the day, but I would feel very uncomfortable at cocktail hour with children being in there when adults are specifically going in to visit with other adults and imbibe liquor that they are prohibited from drinking. Call me old school, but I can tell you my mother wouldn't have allowed that for us, nor I for my kids. There are many places where children would be happier on a ship, but bars are not one of them, and the lounge at cocktail hour is in effect a bar, where anyone under 21 may not imbibe. I still don't see why a child would want to go in there...boring!

Not trying to lecture anyone, But personally do not like it. Fortunately, have never witnessed it, even in the other lounges/bars. JMHO, flaming is unnecessary. And of course I will not pay the least attention to it.

A very good explanation.

My parents rarely went out to drink alcohol and spent their money on my brother and i and a 14 night holiday to Spain and her islands every year for us all.

Pretty much every area on a modern ship is a bar. That is their many way to best break even and profit. Heck, our recent cruise had empty beer bottles and tops in the kids pool/splash zone and you find drunk people everywhere. There are two bars on the boardwalk plus even the Dog house sells beer and this whole area is clearly geared towards kids. The argument of not wanting to drink around kids just doesn't add up on modern ships. I too think there are time and places but on a ship it is just all around no matter where you are.

Pretty much every area on a modern ship is a bar. That is their many way to best break even and profit. Heck, our recent cruise had empty beer bottles and tops in the kids pool/splash zone and you find drunk people everywhere. There are two bars on the boardwalk plus even the Dog house sells beer and this whole area is clearly geared towards kids. The argument of not wanting to drink around kids just doesn't add up on modern ships. I too think there are time and places but on a ship it is just all around no matter where you are.

Yes there are bars all over the ship which anyone under 21 are not allowed to purchase alcoholic​ drinks.

The difference is the DL is a loyalty lounge and not just any bar.

I personally don't think it is a place for children during cocktail hours and I'm sure most kids would hate having to sit in there.

I think 1 child in 110 nights we have been in DL backs this up.

I havn't read this entire thread so wanted to ask this question. We are going on Allure as first time Diamond cruisers and bringing our kids. They have been on a min of 4 cruises and obviously have the same status. I know they can't load alcoholic bevys on their cards but would they get specialty non alcoholic drinks? Just curious. Although they are well behaved, we'd rather keep them out of the DL.

I believe you would have to get the child drink package. I don't think children get drink vouchers. I don't know if the drink vouchers include any non-alcoholic drinks. I remember adults wondering if the drink vouchers include bottled water, but I don't remember the answer (if there was one). I suppose you could order rum & coke without rum for the kids.

I believe you would have to get the child drink package. I don't think children get drink vouchers. I don't know if the drink vouchers include any non-alcoholic drinks. I remember adults wondering if the drink vouchers include bottled water, but I don't remember the answer (if there was one). I suppose you could order rum & coke without rum for the kids.

Soda is an included drink with the adult drink vouchers. We usually can get a can of soda with a voucher.

That depends on the lounge. The Top of Five in Los Angeles and the Viking Crown Lounge are two places I can think of that kids would enjoy that service alcoholic drinks to adults and non-alcoholic drinks to those under 21. The DL is not so kid friendly, but then I don't make that decision for other families.

I guess I'll ask when on board. Maybe they'll do it, maybe not. No harm in asking. But that would be a nice treat for my little ones.

That depends on the lounge. The Top of Five in Los Angeles and the Viking Crown Lounge are two places I can think of that kids would enjoy that service alcoholic drinks to adults and non-alcoholic drinks to those under 21. The DL is not so kid friendly, but then I don't make that decision for other families.

It is the DL in particular i was referring to.

We have seen 1 kid on 1 occasion in 110 nights in DL which confirms to me it is not somewhere kids want to be.

Just our two cents, but in the cruises my wife and I have been on -- seven on RCL and two on NCL -- we've noticed *MORE* adults behaving badly (drunk usually) than kids. We would much rather deal with a well behaved child in the DL than an over indulged adult with delusions of grandeur.

Michael and Silke

That said, this thread has really made me feel unwelcome to use our benefits and what I cringe at the thought of is the self-appointed lounge police asking for "my papers" (proof we are allowed there), which I won't show them anyways.

Don't sweat it. Go enjoy your cruise and enjoy your benefits. You'll see that like most issues, this is more of a Cruise Critic problem than an on board problem. :)

Of course not. Many of us think that the adults should have their own space for a few hours as the children do. With current policy, as long as your little one is polite and behaves, we really don't have a problem. It's the parents who don't parent.

But....what if I want to tell an off color joke that is of adult content. Now, with well behaved children present, I will have to censor what I say. The DL should be for adults only during cocktail hour. Sorry, parents. Go somewhere else with your children.

The Diamond Concierge should have told the parents and grandparents to remove the crying child and misbehaving child doing the cartwheels. The other people in the DL should have make a complaint to the Concierge, and threatened to go to the Hotel Director if the Concierge allowed such practices to continue.

According to the poster who told us about this, the parents were cheering on the child doing cartwheels.

You are able to get bottled water with your drink vouchers loaded on your seapass or from the dl during happy hour.

But....what if I want to tell an off color joke that is of adult content. Now, with well behaved children present, I will have to censor what I say. The DL should be for adults only during cocktail hour. Sorry, parents. Go somewhere else with your children.

Is it open mic night or are you telling it within your group? If you aren't violating guest conduct policy who cares?