Children in the Diamond Lounge?

But....what if I want to tell an off color joke that is of adult content. Now, with well behaved children present, I will have to censor what I say. The DL should be for adults only during cocktail hour. Sorry, parents. Go somewhere else with your children.

I will take a kid doing cartwheels then your "off color" comments. You should probably sensor yourself anyhow for the sake of the adults around you not with you. Take a page out of the book of the well behaved kid.

Anyways, this thread now gives me real concerns that I won't be able to use our benefits as a family lest other guests take it upon themselves to be confrontational or "play cop".

From what I'm reading on this forum, Royal allows the drink vouchers to be used anywhere on the ship that serves alcohol. They are even allowing the vouchers to be used in the dining rooms on select ships. No worries, You can still use your benefits as a family. It's just that folks prefer the DL, which is a perk for frequent cruisers, to be utilized as an adult only venue.

Edited by coffeebean

Doesn't Royal allow the drink vouchers to be used anywhere on the ship that offers alcohol? I'm reading now they are even trying out using the vouchers in the dining rooms on select ships. This is great.No worries. You can still use your benefits as a family.

Not all ships allow the vouchers to be used in the dining room and specialty restaurants.

I guess I'll ask when on board. Maybe they'll do it, maybe not. No harm in asking. But that would be a nice treat for my little ones.

In our experience, our under 18 diamonds were not given any drink vouchers to use outside the lounge (though in Europe about half the time the kids were welcome into the lounge with us at any time and they were served sodas adn shirtley temples there). It bugged the heck out of my teens that the line didn't give them sodas---it wasn't so much the cost as the pettiness of it; the kids often found and booked the cruises we were on and had sailed enough to be diamonds in their own right and felt it was sort of a slap in the face for the line to not think their loyalty as up and coming purchasers in their own right was worth even a handful of sodas. But, oh well, they were on a cruise and got over it. Now the youngest is 18 and the whole issue is moot for us.

The 18+ but under 21 "kids" are given vouchers for non alcoholic drinks on sailings out of the US (and any drinks the vouchers otherwise work for on cruises out of Europe).

It can't hurt to ask though.

If you don't care why waste your time responding, while not answering their question. Other than to promote that you don't want kids in the Lounge, to which RC allows them with adult supervision at all times of the day.

Edit: a drinking den? My godness, this isnt a brothel or a speakeasy during prohibition. It's a lounge on a family friendly cruiseship.

Just wondering....when did Royal change their policy to allow children in the DL at all times of the day, including the cocktail hour?

I will take a kid doing cartwheels then your "off color" comments. You should probably sensor yourself anyhow for the sake of the adults around you not with you. Take a page out of the book of the well behaved kid.

Are you sure you are an adult? Oh, must be a Puritan. LOL.

Just wondering....when did Royal change their policy to allow children in the DL at all times of the day, including the cocktail hour?

It has been reported here that the concereiges are allowing it. That would be the reason to why some are complaining about unruly kids in the lounge. It is uncertain if it had been "officially" changed but the consensus appears to be that it is being allowed.

ATHEIST actually but I believe in values and those don't include making a fool of yourself even if you never see these people again.

Lol, I like that. I have a philosophy to which I take from a local Hot Rod Club. No Goofs. A goofball having fun is acceptable. A Goof that is a a$$ is not.

Read this in regards to children from Freedom CL Concierge, last week. Obviously, children are allowed.

596b892cb3bea99561993c34b3ca200e.jpg

Clearly, it doesn't say they are not permitted but ask they be accompanied by an adult and well behaved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Read this in regards to children from Freedom CL Concierge, last week. Obviously, children are allowed.

596b892cb3bea99561993c34b3ca200e.jpg

Clearly, it doesn't say they are not permitted but ask they be accompanied by an adult and well behaved.

The Oasis DL letter specifically says no shorts on formal nights.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Did you have an opportunity to see what dress code is required in SL on formal nights?

Did not have a problem on allure last june and oct. There were actually quiet a few people dressed casually on formal night and some dressed to the nines.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Did you have an opportunity to see what dress code is required in SL on formal nights?

We have sailed on the Oasis, Allure, and Harmony many times and hang out in the Suites Lounge and eaten almost every meal in Coastal Kitchen. Sometimes we dress for formal night and sometimes we don't. No one will care or say anything.

However, we don't wear shorts or flip flops on formal night. Other nights it does not matter.

But....what if I want to tell an off color joke that is of adult content. Now, with well behaved children present, I will have to censor what I say. The DL should be for adults only during cocktail hour. Sorry, parents. Go somewhere else with your children.

Personally, I would prefer that if you want to tell an off color joke that is of adult content, you keep it to yourself. One of the funniest "adult" jokes I've ever heard was told to me by an eleven year old.